Detroit airport hotel and parking

Disdad35

Earning My Ears
For those that have flown from Detroit - what hotel is close and cheap ( but not too cheap :) ) and where can i park cheaply for a week in WDW.

Thanks

Disdad35

There's a HoJo on Middlebelt Rd. which offers 1-night stay and 7 days parking for US$75. We did that last year. The hotel was nothing fancy and the one drawback is that your vehicle just sits in the hotel's regular parking lot, and is not in a controlled access area.

The London Free Press often has a couple of ads for sleep and fly offers. The ads are usually only in the Saturday travel section. I can check and see if there's anything there in today's paper, but it may not appear for a day or two. When are you leaving?

- Mike

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. The computer fairies have not been good to me lately!!

Try the Comfort Inn Metro Airport, 31800 Wick Rd. Romulus, MI

Tel: 734-236-2100.

Room rate should be about $70-75 US and they do have a shuttle to the airport.

Good luck!

Hello Disdad 35...

This may be an important message for you. Keep in mind if you're leaving on a weekend, top-tier business hotels drop their rates dramatically on weekends (Fri/Sat nites) as they cater to a Sun-Thu business crowd.

The rate drop is often so dramatic that the cost differential between a beautiful hotel experience at a Marriott or Hyatt vs a dumpy Comfort Inn or HoJos is a wash,...For example, I happen to know that the Detroit Airport Marriott Romulus has an $89 rate on wknds (the "Family Fun rate) that includes pizza from Pizza Hut, snacks, a movie, and use of the hotel swimming pool/fitness center!!!! All in a very comfortable, clean, quiet business hotel!!!!
Parking is free as is free shuttle to the airport. The weekday rate for just a room is $179 and the hotel looks it.

By the way, in my experience Canadian hotels need to be more creative with packages (esp for families) to entice prospective guests. I'm always amazed when I call a hotel and ask for packages and am told "No, we don't offer any!"....I'm thinking....isn't this the hotel's job?....don't you want business??"

Anyway, I digress....the Marriott Romulus (1 mile to airport) has made it such that it'd be a no-brainer to stay there over
the HoJo/Comfort Inn/Red Roof etc... previously discussed in this thread! You'll love this hotel!

Hope this helps!

The NJ Road Warrior

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter