Detheming of resorts? (a word?)

I used to miss the look of the bedspreads. Now they just seem so dated, so I’m glad they’re gone. But I do miss the weight of them when I sleep. Yeah, I know.....I may be the only person ever to sleep with them.

I slept with them for the same reason. A flimsy sheet isn’t enough. But then I read somewhere that those weren’t always washed. :scared:

For the Values I get the fake hard woods as their carpet was pretty icky to begin with after the sheer volume of people those rooms saw.

All levels of WDW have pretty much the same occupancy levels. So no real difference in the volume of people in rooms at Pop vs Grand Floridian for example.

I can't help it, I like the new rooms better! :o

I can concede, the rooms did look nice with some colorful bed runners. But I don't think removing them took away any theming.

Oh, I like all new rooms better too. But when I look at the new POFQ room, I have no idea what resort I’m looking at. The old Mardi Gras bedspread tells me that I’m at POFQ.

Oh, I like all new rooms better too. But when I look at the new POFQ room, I have no idea what resort I’m looking at. The old Mardi Gras bedspread tells me that I’m at POFQ.

They should do accents walls. Paint that purple and gold pattern on one wall for POFQ.

I like the little touches (mickey lamps, detail in flooring, small disney touches)

just looking at your pictures again, OP. another example: in the bottom left of the old GF room, there’s a lamp with a top-hatted mickey. no lamp in the new room.

although, from what i remember, I think GF rooms have alice in wonderland wallpaper in the bathroom sink area? the little theming touches aren’t totally gone.

They should do accents walls. Paint that purple and gold pattern on one wall for POFQ.
I’m kind of glad the walls are plain. I think I like the new wall colours. But it’s always so hard to tell for sure in pictures. The curtains on the window, and the curtains by the washroom seem different but I can’t really tell if they’re themed.

B574EF3D-DB46-40D7-B67D-1F7A1EFBE583.jpeg

Too much?

I like the green color, itself, in POFQ. But it’s not a theme like the pattern on the bedspread.

I actually like the new POFQ much more than CSR or POP. The different floor design with 2 colors of wood. An accent colored wall, to me this makes a big difference, then 4 very boring beige walls. The New Orleans style lattice corner pieces in bathroom doorway. I do not miss the spreads but do miss the runners, just added some color. Also, not a fan of the wood vinyl floors, even in the POP picture above you can start seeing some issues forming with it.

I am in the camp of dislike. The beds look like they belong in a hospital not a hotel. I agree not to bring back the bedspreads, but what would be wrong with themed printed sheets? I guess if I want a theme, I will have to go to AoA if I ever go back to Disney. It's a shame to waste that much space for one person as I will be going solo.

I am in the camp of dislike. The beds look like they belong in a hospital not a hotel. I agree not to bring back the bedspreads, but what would be wrong with themed printed sheets? I guess if I want a theme, I will have to go to AoA if I ever go back to Disney. It's a shame to waste that much space for one person as I will be going solo.

What rooms don't have a theme now?

I think the only bedspread that added to the theme was POFQ because of the colors. :)

Part of this is because of the stark white look, but also because the new beds have added storage under the beds (which is something I love)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter