1 20 amp circuit breaker - replaced with one on hand
1 light switch - replaced with one on hand
1 bag of assorted paperwork - shredded and recycled
4 broken plastic robot pieces - trashed
6 broken plastic motors - trashed
1 pair of socks - trashed
1 expired gift card - recycled

October Total 69 items
Slower month than August but still lots of little things gone!

829 items of 500 decluttered or 165.8% of goal

I have not posted on here this year. I really need to get going on decluttering because we may be moving within the next 2 years. I actually have gotten a good deal done but I am nowhere near where I need to be. My daughter and I have 5 bags for goodwill and we donated a bunch earlier this year. We missed our annual garage sale because our dog died unexpectedly 4 days before it and we were too emotionally drained to have it. I am off work tomorrow and Tuesday and my daughter is off tomorrow and Monday so I plan on posting something positive on Wednesday

I have gotton out a bag of garbage and a bag of donations. Found a Snow White doll for DD. My other daughter has not been into it today, but the day is still young

Today was my half day at work. I went through my frying pan cabinet and managed to get rid of 5. One should be replaced if I find it on sale. I have a bag of pieces to a pasta machine I don’t believe I still have but I will put those in a cabinet where the pasta machine would be if I still have it. Also dot rid of a pitcher and some storage containers

Dropped a big bag of videos off to dd2. 2 baking pans and all of the worn fry pans but 1 went to garbage that one is going to goodwill on Thursday. I picked up a short shift at work so I will choose a few extra things to go to donations on Thursday that I would normally have tried to sell. The way I look at it is extra money is coming in while things are still going out.

Is anyone else keeping a months worth of paper products, food and cleaning supplies on hand? I had finally been able to cut down on my stockpile therefore using the things in the back of the cabinet when the pandemic started. Some of my friends say we have to be ready in case of another shutdown

Is anyone else keeping a months worth of paper products, food and cleaning supplies on hand? I had finally been able to cut down on my stockpile therefore using the things in the back of the cabinet when the pandemic started. Some of my friends say we have to be ready in case of another shutdown

I shop at Costco. I usually have 1-2 months of toilet paper and paper towels on hand by default. Other than that, I'm just shopping every couple of weeks as usual.

I have 24 things this week bringing my total to 349.

This week's stuff includes things I've gathered while destashing and held onto because they needed to go someplace different from my usual dotation place... books to a little library, batteries to the recycling center, Claritan to a friend, shirts to a former boy scout troop.

Last edited:

Yes. I heard that there may be another round of shortages if cases really spike, so I went to Costco today did a huge stock up.

Haven’t posted in awhile, but we have continued to work on clearing stuff out.
- Our son took a box of sports trading cards, a Play Station console, a game boy & a box of games. Plus a few random items from his old closet, including some Star Wars toys & his college diploma that somehow got left behind, lol.
- DD took a case with couple of Barbies & accessories.
- Gave several bats, hockey sticks & some baseballs to the neighbor’s kids.
- Shelf full of games & arts & crafts items packed up to donate, along with a telescope. Plus a few clothing items & 2 books. DH will drop those off this week.
- Random items trashed: 5 hand held video games; kids school art projects (they did not want them); old partially used notebooks & markers; old battleship game; a 2 drawer plastic storage unit; old chalkboard; 2 frisbees & a couple of old plastic balls. A box of old party supplies... plastic silverware, disposable cups etc & a couple of boxes from cable boxes & powerstrips. Some old computer things: a pile of discs, a mouse & pad. Also an old tabletop decorative fountain. Another metal shelf unit is now cleared off. All this stuff will go out on trash day.
- Recycled about 20 paperback books.

Happy with what we’ve done so far. We are waiting for carpeting to be installed in the basement so we can get the new shelves organized. Looking forward to how different it will be down there when we’re finally done. And then I’ll tackle our other storage area where I keep kitchen appliances. And I still need to work on the closet in my DD’s old room. The more we do, the more motivated I get!! :goodvibes

October

2 scrap pieces of plywood - given away
3 scrap pieces of OSB - given away
2 comic books - sold ebay
1 comic book- sold ebay
10 comic books - sold ebay
4 novels - sold ebay
2 packages of new cords - sold ebay
2 cardboard box - used to ship ebay item
3 manilla envelopes - used to ship ebay items
1 roll of packing tape - used up for ebay shipping
1 book - donated
1 partial notepad - used up
1 Instruction booklet - recycled
1 Training mat - recycled
2 grocery bags of assorted paperwork - shredded and recycled
1 grocery bag of misc paper - recycled
1 grocery bag of misc stuff - trashed
1 ripped backpack - trashed
1 2x4 - used up for a project
1 2x6 - used up for a project
10 pair of safety glasses - donated
2 digital calipers - donated
10 event pins (already had 2 of each from the last 5 years) - donated
1 download cable - donated
1 weed trimmer w 2 batteries and charger - donated
1 leaf blower w/ battery and charger - donated
1 computer graphics card - donated
1 wireless router - donated
1 box of wood blocks - donated
1 belt - donated
3 DVD’s - donated
1 textbook - donated
1 bag of misc metal spacers - donated
1 bag of misc metal plates - donated
1 quart sized bag of misc electronics - donated
1 piece of 2ft x 2ft luon - used up for a project

October total (83 items)

912 items of 500 decluttered or 182.4% of goal

I redid my craft room so I’m slowly going through everything and Making piles of get rid of, trash, or sell

going to sell
-a rolling plastic craft storage cart
-2 lil storage drawers
- a lighted wipe board
- 2 lighted Marquee box
- 3 lighted chalk board signs

going to get rid of
-2 big rolling plastic storage drawers
- pack of big lined index cards
- stack of large lined index cards
- small stack of lined index cards
- couple packs of certificates awards

going to trash
-2 grocery size bag of shredded bills

I still have a lot to go through I have 6 -12x 12 storage thingys of brand new stuff For gift giving . I will make some gift baggies and some items I’ll sell

I donated/trashed/gave away 130 things today bringing my total to 470.

This was random stuff: books, cushions, dvds, fish tank supplies, clothes. I need to get back in the habit of purposely purging areas of the house.
I had been holding onto a ream of fabric and a set of outdoor cushions and I finally had them recovered and got rid of the cheap set we had been sitting on. It felt good to finally take care of that.

Continued the basement clearing & reorganization this weekend. Put about 20 paperbacks in the recycle bin. Have 7 books packed to donate. Small pile of random junk...little plastic pieces etc went to the trash. DH went thru his rag pile & trashed about 15 rags/ old towels. Another metal shelving unit is broken down & ready for trash day tomorrow.

Half the basement is now done.. new carpet down, bookshelves up & filled. TV back in place. The rest of the rug is coming this weekend & DH can finish with the last shelving unit that will hold his toolboxes, drill boxes & other workshop items. We need to look for a new recliner for him & some new lamps to replace the ones down there that are falling apart. Almost there!

Continued the basement clearing & reorganization this weekend. Put about 20 paperbacks in the recycle bin. Have 7 books packed to donate. Small pile of random junk...little plastic pieces etc went to the trash. DH went thru his rag pile & trashed about 15 rags/ old towels. Another metal shelving unit is broken down & ready for trash day tomorrow.

Half the basement is now done.. new carpet down, bookshelves up & filled. TV back in place. The rest of the rug is coming this weekend & DH can finish with the last shelving unit that will hold his toolboxes, drill boxes & other workshop items. We need to look for a new recliner for him & some new lamps to replace the ones down there that are falling apart. Almost there!

Sounds like you're making great progress!

Sounds like you're making great progress!

It’s amazing what a leaky basement wall can lead to.:rotfl2:This is certainly not what we had planned for this year. But I am so happy we are finally getting it done. I can’t tell you how many times over the years I looked at the shelves full of games & toys & thought “I need to get rid of those”. And now, they’re gone! Of course, I still have lots to do in the bedrooms & file cabinets. 😏

Here's my list I'm finally going through of what I purged since April

Gave Away/Donated
Sheet Set
2 pairs shoes
4 pairs pants
shorts
t-shirt
6 misc kitchen items
jacket
3 purses
15 foods
TV mount
Leaf Blower
Patio Furniture set

Tossed/Recycled
Peppermill
Candle
Deck of Cards
Dishrag
Socks
Toaster
Outdoor Timer
Food Thermometer
2 pairs shoes
2 kitchen pots
4 kitchen utensils
GPS unit
38 misc toiletries I didn't like
Lunchbox
Sunglasses
Bike computer
Carpet cleaner
9 headbands
3 misc chargers
Slippers
Robe

110 items left the house since April of 2020 goal of 250.
221 total items left the house. 29 to go

I haven't posted here since August but I've been slowly plugging away. I got rid of a whole box of clothes (the count was 72 items), more fabric (5 yards), 2 old computer hard drive cases (son took those to take apart the insides and trash that part so he could build another computer for himself).
And 20 paperback books were donated and sold another 8 things on ebay.

I've got another 30 items sitting in a box in the garage to donate but I want to fill it up completely before doing that.

So the new count is 353/500.

Slowly working along. Yesterday DD bought a new tv for her room and it just fits on her dresser. We went through a few boxes to get some things out of her room to make more room. We got rid of a box of old trophies and some glass nick jacks. Found some costume jewelry from the 20s and the 30s to get rid of. Also a full bag of garbage. Today I went through my food storage containers I put a bag full aside for Thanksgiving and threw the mismatched ones away. I am actually making a good deal of progress even though it does not seem that way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts