Desserts, Drinks and Dis Meets With Jen and Joe on the Go COMPLETE! 1/2020

Haul Vlog Coming Later Today!!!!!

Hi everyone! Joe and I will be posting our first of 2 haul vlogs for our September, Disney vaca later this afternoon. Yep, the haul was sooooo big that we had to make two vlogs about it. I didn't take any pics of our merch so I think the haul vlog will be better than me actually writing about it. This way, you get to see everything, and Joe and I talk a little bit about some of the prices. We even headed out to the Character Warehouse on Vineland to buy a few things that make an appearance in the vlog...That place is awesome for those of you who haven't been there but are thinking about it...

Whoa the B&B sounds amazing! I didn't know you guys went there! We went to one in Va. Beach years ago with the boys, it was fancy but I don't remember it being AS fancy. I wonder if that one is/was toned down because of it's location? Anyway I've seen it come up here on the DIS a few times, there are some regular posters who suggest it over many WDW restaurants and I can see why!

Whoa the B&B sounds amazing!
Honestly, it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joe and I would go back in a heartbeat. It was worth every penny...

I didn't know you guys went there!
I kept it a secret!!!!! :cool1:

there are some regular posters who suggest it over many WDW restaurants and I can see why!
It blows anything at Disney away with the exception of V&A. That one's on my list too...

Joining in! This sounds like a special time for Gia.

We shared the blueberry cream cheese mousse too. Yum! This is by far one of my favorite desserts on the property and I order it EVERY SINGLE TIME we eat at Satu'li.

This is one of my favorites desserts too! It's unique and so good.

Have you dined at Bull and Bear??? I also want to try the peanut butter dessert. That looks soooo good!!!!!!

No, we have never been! But it sounds like a great experience. Your post definitely makes me want to give it a try! I'm not sure my girls are at an age where they could sit that long, but it's nice to hear that they catered to children too, so you could enjoy your meal.

No, we have never been! But it sounds like a great experience. Your post definitely makes me want to give it a try! I'm not sure my girls are at an age where they could sit that long, but it's nice to hear that they catered to children too, so you could enjoy your meal.
The waite staff was so good with Gia. They even put her napkin on her lap and she thought that was the best!!! :rotfl2:

The presentation of Joe's drink was something special. It's delivered in a mirrored box. When they open the door of the box, smoke comes out. Then, Joe got to reach his hand in the box and take the drink.

I have seen/done that a couple of times at different venues and it's so fun! One happened on my most recent trip and I'm antsy to write about it!
Well, she's just a really good kid and I'm thrilled to say, she was perfect for the 3-hour meal. Would I recommend others taking their little kids???? Well, that's a personal choice.
My kids were all very well behaved too and would have done pretty well, and we did take them to fancy meals when quite young, but know it's not for every family. I'm SO glad you are able to do the things you want to do and it works for her. It's excellent training for public behavior as she grows up! Good on YOU!!!!! I do wish that parents would expect quiet, SEATED manners with kids and dining out. It's not only a bummer for other guests, but downright dangerous for the servers. Keep the kids in their seats and using indoor voices!

One happened on my most recent trip and I'm antsy to write about it!
Ooh! I can't wait to hear about it.

My kids were all very well behaved too and would have done pretty well, and we did take them to fancy meals when quite young, but know it's not for every family. I'm SO glad you are able to do the things you want to do and it works for her. It's excellent training for public behavior as she grows up! Good on YOU!!!!! I do wish that parents would expect quiet, SEATED manners with kids and dining out. It's not only a bummer for other guests, but downright dangerous for the servers. Keep the kids in their seats and using indoor voices!
Wouldn't you think this is common sense?!?! Wait until we post our etiquette vlog! It will make you LOL!!!!

Dear goodness did you and Joe leave any goodies in the shops for anyone else :rotfl:
I mean between your haul of merchandise, frequent trips to both disney and the beach and the fact that Joe's mum is Italian and therefore has the best food in the land , I really think you need to do the decent thing and adopt me!!:rotfl2:

You did amazing at the halloween party -did they have any of those wee tootsie roll sweets? If they had those I'd be there like a shot lol though all your treats look amazing. I'm currently organising a retro 80s style sweetie table for a reunion in November with girls I nursed with. We trained 35 years ago which seems impossible given that I feel I'm only 23 myself but
apparently I'm 54 sssshhhh Anyhow my house is coming down with sweet treats which the 12 year old valiantly offers to sample for me at least twice a day (you know -just to check for quality control issues according to him:rotfl:) but we do not have Tootsie rolls here so I always look out for them in Orlando 😋
Great vlog as always :thumbsup2

That, I"m afraid, Dearie, is in low supply these days. :(
Yes, it is!!!!!

oooo you fancy!
It was unbelievable.

Holy haul batman!!! And this is only half???? Did you have to charter a plane to get home :P
HAHAHA! It was a bit over the top. We usually don't go that crazy!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

did they have any of those wee tootsie roll sweets?
No, this year they did not. I have seen them in the past...At least I think I have...

Dear goodness did you and Joe leave any goodies in the shops for anyone else :rotfl:
We usually don't go this crazy. We did have a lot of gift cards for this trip.

March Update:

Good afternoon! I'm off today and have gotten a lot done around the house, including dinner (I just have to throw it in the oven and make the biscuits). So, I thought this would be a perfect time to update everyone on our March trip... :cool1:

We booked air last night. As you all know, March is spring break time and airfare is usually outrageous...But, we found a decent price on Southwest and decided to book (We were afraid if we didn't, the price would just go up). We can always rebook if the price comes down and get credit for an upcoming flight...We are flying Chicago to Tampa Wednesday, March 4th and staying there until Sunday, March 8th. On Sunday, we drive on over to Disney World until the 11th. We fly home from Orlando. We also booked our rental car. The ONLY thing that absolutely sucks about this flight is that the flight to Tampa leaves at 5:45 am. Yep, I know...I said I would NEVER book the early flight again. But, the flight was just slightly over $100. pp and worth the extremely early wake-up. Well, maybe...At least we aren't making any solid plans for our time in St Pete. We just plan on sleeping, napping, swimming, spending time with family, eating, drinking and beaching...Nothing that will require any amount of effort, unless you count lugging our beach bag to and from the car. Hee! Hee! Hee! The flight home from Orlando leaves in the late afternoon.

We are staying at the Gran Destino Towers in Disney. I think I mentioned that in an earlier post and I made a whole bunch of dining reservations. We will be using the deluxe dining plan this time around. So far, I have the following restaurants booked:

1. Beaches and Cream/lunch (new to me and Joe, we have only ordered ice cream at the window)
2. Cali Grill/dinner
3. Narcoossees/dinner
4. Toledo/dinner (new to me and Joe)
5. Yak and Yei/lunch
6. BOG/lunch
I may book a late breakfast for the day we leave. I'm thinking about Olivia's as Joe and I haven't been there in ages and we love it...😍😍😍

I am really excited about this trip. Shoot, I'm excited about every Disney trip. Who am I kidding??? I'm extra excited because we will be celebrating Joe's birthday. His actual birthday dinner (March 8) will be at Cali Grill. This is one of his fav restaurants on Disney property.

As for our January trip, I think I have figured out what parks we are doing on what days...I also booked a reservation at the Brown Derby for lunch one day (before @ariane37 and Steve arrive). We also booked a rental car for this trip. We thought with our friends all staying at different resorts that this would help us get around quicker so we don't have to wait for the stupid buses and I'm DEFINITELY NOT riding on the gondolas...Nope, not happening...

We will be posting Part 2 of our Disney Haul vlog on Thursday. Until then, have a great week and I will chat with you soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter