Dessert treats in Cove and other coffee bar

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello! I have not sailed the Fantasy since the addition of Vanellope's and we will be sailing in July. Given this new addition of Vanellope's, does the Fantasy still have dessert treats at the Cove Cafe and other coffee bars for "free." (Yes, I know I paid for it with the price of my cruise, yet Vanellope's is an extra cost) . Cheers!

Yes they are still there and still "free". They were not self serve but readily available.

Just so you know, in case you were looking forward to Vanellope's specifically....that is only on the Dream. On the Fantasy, it is a sweet-shop that is more classic Minnie and Mickey inspired. Both were amazing, and had similar items, just the theme was different.

Wait. Cove cafe treats are included? Not the coffees, but the sweets? How did I not know this?

They are! LOL
They have small sweet rolls in the morning that are just so yummy.
In the afternoon they have a couple interesting treats too, there's a pretty good chocolate orange cupcake and I remember on the Fantasy there was a chocolate and peanut butter goodie!

As far as the ice cream shops on The Dream & Fantasy, how can they not have hot fudge and only chocolate syrup? I just don't get it, they are not the same. But it makes it an easy pass for me, on the other hand my husband likes the ice cream offering at both shops........

Enjoy!

Wait. Cove cafe treats are included? Not the coffees, but the sweets? How did I not know this?

Don't worry, I did not know this until my 5th cruise . . . and until now, didnt know they had hors d'vours

As far as the ice cream shops on The Dream & Fantasy, how can they not have hot fudge and only chocolate syrup? I just don't get it, they are not the same. But it makes it an easy pass for me,

I feel the same way!

The Cove Cafe used to have their treats in a glass case that passengers could access and choose (with tongs of course!) their own items. So it was more obvious they were "included". I believe they are no longer self serve.

I learned they were included by reading DISboards before our first cruise. So glad I knew--we picked up many pastries from there--breakfast and afternoon, and did get the olives/veggies/meat/cheese one night. Our second cruise is coming up soon--and now that I know how hard it is to find sweets late at night--I'll be picking some up from Cove Cafe earlier in the day and sticking them in our fridge!

now that I know how hard it is to find sweets late at night

There's always room service! Those giant chocolate chip cookies are pretty good! :D And they always have a "cake of the day" too. I have heard some folks say they order Mickey bars, but I've never tried it so I cannot confirm that one. But that would be a great late night sweet treat! :cutie:

There's always room service! Those giant chocolate chip cookies are pretty good! :D And they always have a "cake of the day" too. I have heard some folks say they order Mickey bars, but I've never tried it so I cannot confirm that one. But that would be a great late night sweet treat! :cutie:
True, there is room service, I just liked the variety of goodies in Cove Cafe during the day. We did order Mickey bars (and an All Hands on Deck cheese plate) from room service on the last night of our 2016 Alaskan cruise.

Ohhh we have ordered a few Mickey Bars through the years...... So good when you get back from an excursion and want to chill out on the balcony and relax.

Those giant chocolate chip cookies are even better when you put soft serve between two of them to make an ice cream sandwich!

I knew about the Mickey bars. lol. We've ordered them through room service more than once. :rotfl2:

But the Cove cafe? We've only ever visited for coffee. Hubby even said last night "there's no way the sweets in there are free" I might keep that little nugget from him to keep him from eating their stash. lol

But the Cove cafe? We've only ever visited for coffee. Hubby even said last night "there's no way the sweets in there are free" I might keep that little nugget from him to keep him from eating their stash. lol

Hahahahaha!!! :jester: They do have VERY nice little plates of delights for the grownups in the Cove Cafe! I love, love, LOVE Cove Cafe on the Wonder with it's 2nd floor observation area! Spent many happy hours chilling in there....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter