Dessert Party - w/ Plaza Garden Viewing

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
I have read some great reviews on this event. I am still trying to decide if this is a good option for us...

We will be at MK THIS Wednesday, 3/21/18 for HEA. We have never watched this show before, as we haven't visited WDW since the days of Wishes. We are very excited to see the show, but $236.00 for my family of 4 seems like a lot to pay when we aren't big sweets eaters? Any thoughts on the current Spring Break crowds...and what about the crowds next Wednesday at MK. It is also EMH pm at MK on 3/21 , so the crowds might be even bigger for HEA?
Just trying to decide if the dessert party is worth it for the great view, less stress, saving time? :)
We just added Memory Maker and my husband thinks I'm crazy to consider adding another $236.00 to our budget for a better HEA fireworks view.
If we decide not to ad the dessert party, any suggestions on how/when/where to get a decent view of HEA?
Your advice for our plan for this Wednesday night is appreciated! :)

I have read some great reviews on this event. I am still trying to decide if this is a good option for us...

We will be at MK THIS Wednesday, 3/21/18 for HEA. We have never watched this show before, as we haven't visited WDW since the days of Wishes. We are very excited to see the show, but $236.00 for my family of 4 seems like a lot to pay when we aren't big sweets eaters? Any thoughts on the current Spring Break crowds...and what about the crowds next Wednesday at MK. It is also EMH pm at MK on 3/21 , so the crowds might be even bigger for HEA?
Just trying to decide if the dessert party is worth it for the great view, less stress, saving time? :)
We just added Memory Maker and my husband thinks I'm crazy to consider adding another $236.00 to our budget for a better HEA fireworks view.
If we decide not to ad the dessert party, any suggestions on how/when/where to get a decent view of HEA?
Your advice for our plan for this Wednesday night is appreciated! :)
I would choose the dessert party over Memory Maker, personally. Those crowds at the Main Street hub have to be seen to be believed, even at low season, and spring break is one of the busiest times of the year at WDW.

I would say the opposite - we did the dessert party and the sweets weren't that good. The view wasn't that good (I was still obscured by tall people and a topiary, holding a kid up one at a time so they could see). We thought for the money it wasn't a good deal. Next time we'll spend the hour and a half before the show grabbing a spot and some snacks for way less. I know plenty of people love it, though, so I think its a "it depends" kinda thing.

On the flip side, I make photo books from each trip and those memory maker photos are really really valuable...we get soo many extras with all of us in them. Nice shots, good resolution, etc.

I would spend the money on both to be honest. Memory Maker gives you fantastic pics you otherwise wouldn't get. I know the dessert party is crazy expensive. We aren't big sweets eaters, my husband actually ate only fruit there but it was still so worth it. Not having to stake out a spot for fireworks was amazing. We could see everything on the castle, even with people in front of us. After having our desserts we moved to the area about 30 minutes before fireworks. It was basically empty and our kids just ran around and played until it started to fill up. We were able to sit until it started. We plan to do it every trip (we only go every couple of years).

I would choose the dessert party over Memory Maker, personally. Those crowds at the Main Street hub have to be seen to be believed, even at low season, and spring break is one of the busiest times of the year at WDW.
I would spend the money on both to be honest. Memory Maker gives you fantastic pics you otherwise wouldn't get. I know the dessert party is crazy expensive. We aren't big sweets eaters, my husband actually ate only fruit there but it was still so worth it. Not having to stake out a spot for fireworks was amazing. We could see everything on the castle, even with people in front of us. After having our desserts we moved to the area about 30 minutes before fireworks. It was basically empty and our kids just ran around and played until it started to fill up. We were able to sit until it started. We plan to do it every trip (we only go every couple of years).

Well, thanks for all of the great input - this review is just what I was waiting for...heehee. I added MM last night... and I just added the dessert party a few minutes ago! I'm SO excited! I have a feeling that I will be glad I made this choice on Wednesday night when I see the 3/21 MK pm EMK/Spring Break crowd!? Also, it's nice to hear that there is fruit at the dessert party! Thanks! ;)

I would say the opposite - we did the dessert party and the sweets weren't that good. The view wasn't that good (I was still obscured by tall people and a topiary, holding a kid up one at a time so they could see).

Interesting. We did it twice last Christmas (Christmas day and Dec 28th, so it was very crowded in the park). Both times, we were able to SIT in the reserved area and could see everything. It was absolutely worth every penny.

Interesting. We did it twice last Christmas (Christmas day and Dec 28th, so it was very crowded in the park). Both times, we were able to SIT in the reserved area and could see everything. It was absolutely worth every penny.

Awesome, thanks! :)

Awesome, thanks! :)

No worries. You'll be glad you did it. I should add however that sitting only works if everyone sits. There is plenty of room to do so. If people stand at the front against the railing, they will obscure some of the projections. If so, I would suggest actually going to the very back of the reserved area against the railing.

Well, thanks for all of the great input - this review is just what I was waiting for...heehee. I added MM last night... and I just added the dessert party a few minutes ago! I'm SO excited! I have a feeling that I will be glad I made this choice on Wednesday night when I see the 3/21 MK pm EMK/Spring Break crowd!? Also, it's nice to hear that there is fruit at the dessert party! Thanks! ;)

Would you mind reporting back about your experience? I’m considering booking this for our June trip. We spent one day at MK last October, and even with arriving about 45 mins before HEA, we didn’t get a great view. We were on the bridge to Tomorrowland; we were too off to the right side to see everything. We still loved it, but I’m hoping for a better view this summer.

Would you mind reporting back about your experience? I’m considering booking this for our June trip. We spent one day at MK last October, and even with arriving about 45 mins before HEA, we didn’t get a great view. We were on the bridge to Tomorrowland; we were too off to the right side to see everything. We still loved it, but I’m hoping for a better view this summer.

Yes...I would be very happy to report back with our reviews! It's hard to believe that our trip is already upon us...and we will be back home by the 28th! I'll review the dessert party once we return :)

Yes...I would be very happy to report back with our reviews! It's hard to believe that our trip is already upon us...and we will be back home by the 28th! I'll review the dessert party once we return :)

Great, thank you! Have a great trip! I hope you enjoy the dessert party.

You just added the dessert party for next week? I've been trying to add it for the first week of April and it's never free. I guess I need to be looking more often!!

KKBrig: There’s two dessert parties - looks like Plaza Garden is easier to add than Tomorrowland Terrace. I added it a few weeks ago for our mid-April trip, but am still undecided on keeping it or cancelling. $200 is a LOT for a good fireworks view, but with some claustrophobia and “people space” issues in our group, it seems like it might be worth it. Decisions, decisions...

You just added the dessert party for next week? I've been trying to add it for the first week of April and it's never free. I guess I need to be looking more often!!

Definitely try to look at least once or twice a day. I got April 1 on Saturday, although I was not actually looking specifically for the party.

Definitely try to look at least once or twice a day. I got April 1 on Saturday, although I was not actually looking specifically for the party.

Yes...it was no problem at all for Wednesday, 3/21/18. I'm not sure why I wasn't sold out? :)

We did it presidents week and it was well worth the money. Everyone remained seated so everyone got to see. I was happy to be relaxing in there rather than in the masses outside of the area.

I booked it over Presidents week also, we only had one evening in MK and I wanted to make sure we we'd have a decent spot. It was a big hit, my son thought it was fantastic and we had the fruit and cheese along with the desserts so it didn't feel too much like dessert overload.

Unfortunately the folks in front of us all stood up once HEA got started, but we just scooted over to the side and we were fine. Wish they would have stood earlier or just stayed seated but not much you can do about that.

We've always just stood with the unwashed masses. We aren't poor by any means but we could never pay that much, especially when it was free to stand in the dessert party area just a few years ago. Some of it's on principle, the other is that it's not a better view than being out in front of the castle.

We will definitely be doing a desert party next time we visit so I’m really looking forward to your report. Hope you have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter