Dessert Party - other "extras"?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip in December, 6 nights 7 days onsite at PBH, 3 "adults" myself and my dd's 22 and 24. AP holders with experience in the parks but with a longer stay than usual we are looking for some extras this trip. I am having a hard time finding things like dessert parties with show or parade viewing that type of thing. I have scoured the Universal website, I am definitely missing something here :)

Anyone care to share ideas, suggestions or links? TIA

Just looking to give them more $$'s ?

Don't think there would be any special parade viewing as we didn't see any issues finding a spot to see it normally. Not sure about the night time shows, but didn't notice anything advertised for them either.

There are the VIP tours if looking for a pay for type experience.

Maybe in the near future Universal will be as busy as Disney that they will be able to also charge for 'privileged' access to normal things.

Look up the "Sounds and Sweets" party on the Universal website. We have not done this, but it seems to fit the bill- desserts, parade viewing and Mannheim Steamroller concert viewing. Some other extras we enjoy on longer trips: Minigolf, bowling at Cabana Bay, longer time at meals in Citywalk, meal and movie deal at Citywalk, the Immigration tour at Men in Black, Volcano Bay, pool hopping at the resorts, the balcony singers at PBH, Blue man group. We have not done the luau at RPH or Velvet Sessions at HRH, but would like to. 6 nights sounds dreamy!

Just looking to give them more $$'s ?

Don't think there would be any special parade viewing as we didn't see any issues finding a spot to see it normally. Not sure about the night time shows, but didn't notice anything advertised for them either.

There are the VIP tours if looking for a pay for type experience.

Maybe in the near future Universal will be as busy as Disney that they will be able to also charge for 'privileged' access to normal things.

Well I was not really looking to pay for "privilege's" not sure where this comes from?
With a longer trip it will be very easy to see and ride everything we enjoy especially with hotel express passes.

I was actually looking for the entertainment value of the party type experiences and Yes Disney has a few that we enjoy, not for the viewing necessarily but for the party itself. We love the Frozen dessert party as well as the Jingle Bell Jingle Jam party; I was simply asking if Universal had anything like this.

I have since found the sights & sounds party but we won't be there when this is offered as well as the Cinema dinner (not sure the name?)

Look up the "Sounds and Sweets" party on the Universal website. We have not done this, but it seems to fit the bill- desserts, parade viewing and Mannheim Steamroller concert viewing. Some other extras we enjoy on longer trips: Minigolf, bowling at Cabana Bay, longer time at meals in Citywalk, meal and movie deal at Citywalk, the Immigration tour at Men in Black, Volcano Bay, pool hopping at the resorts, the balcony singers at PBH, Blue man group. We have not done the luau at RPH or Velvet Sessions at HRH, but would like to. 6 nights sounds dreamy!

Definitely interested in bowling and mini golf. No velvet sessions or sounds and sweets during our week sadly, but thanks this is exactly what I was looking for! We are staying at PBH so the balcony singers are a yes. we are also planning to head to the Rum Bar at Safire falls (can't remember the name) for the live entertainment. We have done the Blue man Group and the luau is a maybe.

Can you tell me more about the Immigration tour at MIB ?

If there's a TM available, they will take you to the control room in the MIB queue and let you look around. There's a book to sign too. Some weeks they don't offer it at all. It is very hit or miss but just ask a TM at the entrance if they are doing it; if they say no, just ask every time you walk by and maybe you'll get lucky with a yes. We got lucky and got in on our first try. It was mid-morning on a slow day. You get to see a tiny bit of backstage too. If you're a MIB fan it's awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter