Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

I'm a big fan of goat cheese
As am I!

I was waiting for my first ever DISmeet with someone I now consider a very good friend and I cannot believe we met less than a year ago! I present myself and the beautiful Melinda a.k.a @pepperandchips :

IMG_0184.JPG
LOVE!

Omg your meal at Restaurant Marrakesh looks like it was amazing! I really wish we had tried the goat cheese ball app when we went. My Mom was so convinced she didn't like goat cheese and now of course she does! lol

I need to bump this up on my need-to-return list!

Omg your meal at Restaurant Marrakesh looks like it was amazing! I really wish we had tried the goat cheese ball app when we went. My Mom was so convinced she didn't like goat cheese and now of course she does! lol
I think for some people like my boys it's all in the name, "goat cheese" 🐐 but that app is so delicious! And as you know the restaurant itself is so pretty, you should definitely try it again!

I was SO happy I finally got to meet you! I had such a lovely time with you and Steve and so glad our paths were able to cross. And guess what? Shortly after we parted ways, I did go back and order a Bloody Mary :rotfl:

If you've never tried it I highly suggest giving it a go!
I've never been to this restaurant but I've considered that and Spice Road Table many times but haven't committed. After this review, I think I need to add it to my list for next time! :thumbsup2

And I took this neat picture of the WL waking up:

IMG_0101.JPG

Sooooo Pretty :lovestruc I love early mornings in WDW.

Our friends Tammy and Kathy - Tammy is @wdwnut61 here on the DIS-got off the boat and we recognized each other from our meeting the year before in EPCOT!

That's amazing!

I believe she's in Disney right now so hopefully when she's back she'll let us know! We had a really good time catching up; her daughter Kathy goes to college in Florida and is such a sweetheart! Hoping to run in to them in the next few days too.

Here's Tammy and I:

IMG_0127 (2).JPG

Great photo!

We started off with a ride on Living with the Land. I love the different touches they add for all the seasons and festivals and tonight was no exception! I don't remember ever seeing this though which was cute:

IMG_0141.JPG

Super adorable!

Their sangria on the other hand is some of the best in Disney! I'd had it on our first visit here a few years back and I guarantee @Jenny Sanders this is NOT from a box, can, or plastic bottle

:rotfl2:

After it was over the kids left but Steve and I stayed back. I was waiting for my first ever DISmeet with someone I now consider a very good friend and I cannot believe we met less than a year ago! I present myself and the beautiful Melinda a.k.a @pepperandchips :

IMG_0184.JPG

That's crazy that that was less than a year ago! Great picture :love:

I got a smidge behind but you’re probably okay with my excuse ;) I needed a little happy infusion tonight so here I am back on your report “hanging out” with your family - as always, thanks for taking us along!

These are "Mr. Kamal's seasoned fries topped with tzatziki salad and sriracha ketchup" and unfortunately I believe they are no longer on the menu.
Oh yes, Mr. Kamal’s is SO underrated. These fries were always a nice treat. I still miss the samosas but maybe they’ll rotate them back on.

What was so cool is that they did not have Moscato out in the lounge but when I politely inquired as to if there was any available, the CM said she'd go get some for me
She could have at least brought you two glasses, come on DSS!
:rotfl:

It doesn't look all that tempting here but this is the WL cobbler and they had it out pretty much every night; it reminded me of the cobbler they had at the former Artist Point (RIP AP) It has apples and blueberries in it and since the desserts at Boma were good but not great I had to end the night with something sweet!
It does look tempting and I am so jealous of this right now. All they need to include are tureens of mushroom bisque and I’d never need to stay anywhere else!

Now if you will be so kind as to fast forward to the next morning...
(Plays montage in my head of the things I like best about staying in a hotel, set to an upbeat pop cover of a Disney classic: peeling back crisp sheets on a bed made by someone other than me, playing the Stacey channel, cranking the AC down with wanton disregard for the electric bill, dipping ice from an ice bucket to enjoy a drink in bed, emptying my pump bottle of shower gel into the bottle I brought from home. Wait. Pretend you didn’t read that last one)

That also meant taking advantage of the CL breakfast on the day after Thanksgiving!
It would be so cute if they did a day after thanksgiving theme with like “leftover” turkey and cranberry sandwiches, pumpkin pastries, etc.

Comments to be continued in another post...

Steve doesn't eat breakfast at home

Ironic given his profession
:teeth:
The menfolk all got burgers of some sort that I don't have pictures of for some reason.
Because Disney has tons of amazing burgers and the QS ones are an abomination to cows across America?

Now I will say this wasn't a complete fail and I know there are people who like the qs here. The boys liked their burgers and the rice and corn were good
Those are good! I haven’t had them in a long time. Wonder if you can get them without the mediocre sides for a few dollars less?

I know I had the Huckleberry punch as it's my go-to there when they won't make my black cherry lemonade:
Yummmm! I wish I could find that huckleberry vodka here at home, but I guess it keeps it “special” that I can’t...

Well I messed up that quote but I quoted it to say we missed you Jenny!!!

AWWWW! Now, I'm a little teary-eyed... :love2:
Likewise waaaah :sad:

We missed a few folks too but given how often we all go I'm positive we'll meet up again one day!
I know, me too! I’m jealous you got to meet up with @Tracy161 but again, I’m sure it will work out one day!

Those agricultural researchers sure know how to do it up for the holidays!
Bahaha. Who needs the Osborne lights when these guys have Petri dishes and snowflakes!?

(Me)

Their sangria on the other hand is some of the best in Disney! I'd had it on our first visit here a few years back and I guarantee @Jenny Sanders this is NOT from a box, can, or plastic bottle ;)
Not that I personally find anything wrong with wine or sangria or booze of any sort from a box, can, bag, or bottle of any sort...
but good to know!

So a few years ago Ricky developed a new-found love for mussels and was determined to have them at every WDW restaurant we went to that had them on the menu. It ended up being 5 and of those, Marrakesh came out on top! It beat out BOG (not the ones on the current menu), Fulton's Crab House, Narcoossee's surprisingly and I believe the 5th place was Trattoria al Forno. He loved them just as much this time. He won't eat big mussels and these are the perfect size for him.
I still miss those amazing Flying Fish mussels :cloud9: but I like Ricky’s commitment to research.

You had me at kalamata olives :love: The first time we got these with the kids they balked at goat cheese but both tried it and loved it and I'm a big fan of goat cheese. The crispy bread is nice and light; our only complaint is we could use a little more of it. It's possible they'd bring us some but we've never asked.
I heard about this on a dining review podcast and it looks amazing, I can’t believe we still haven’t tried this restaurant but now I certainly want to!
I was waiting for my first ever DISmeet with someone I now consider a very good friend and I cannot believe we met less than a year ago! I present myself and the beautiful Melinda a.k.a @pepperandchips :
That doesn’t even seem possible that this wasn’t even a whole year ago. I’m glad to have “known” you through reports for much longer and to have many more lengthy meets since then ;) :hug:

We really have enjoyed our meals at Marrakesh as well. I love that goat cheese appetizer. We last ate there back in November as part of the Candlelight Processional package. Some things are hit and miss but overall I'd definitely return there.

IMG_0080.JPG

These are "Mr. Kamal's seasoned fries topped with tzatziki salad and sriracha ketchup" and unfortunately I believe they are no longer on the menu. I did find a review of them that said the tzatziki salad is a "saucy mix of cool tzatziki, cucumbers, and tomatoes." and that sounds right! These were absolutely amazing; the sriracha ketchup had such a kick to it and the seasoning on the fries was immense too. These were not for those who don't like spice but for those of us that do it was the perfect snack! Speaking of snacks...............
ALLOFUS.jpg

and the youngsters are a bid wild too! In case you need a refresher: that's @kastoney , @StarWarsMomofGirls! and @pepperandchips all up in there with us.
But this strange and wonderful group weren't the only ones we got to see again:
It was a great night!!!!

I'm in no rush since it's his last year of high school 😭
Oye! Last year of High School!!! That is crazy!!!

I was SO happy I finally got to meet you! I had such a lovely time with you and Steve and so glad our paths were able to cross.
We did too :hug: I got so excited when you texted back that you were heading to AK too! I wish we had more time but I bet our paths cross again sometime :-) Especially if Ricky goes to Cortland!!!
And guess what? Shortly after we parted ways, I did go back and order a Bloody Mary :rotfl:
lol not surprised they're hard to resist! Did you like it? I think it's like the 2nd best Blood Mary I've had on property!
I've never been to this restaurant but I've considered that and Spice Road Table many times but haven't committed. After this review, I think I need to add it to my list for next time! :thumbsup2
I've thought about Spice Road too especially since the view of Illuminations is supposed to be good from there but so far we haven't made it. Heard really good things though! But definitely try one next time you go, which will be when??????
That's crazy that that was less than a year ago! Great picture :love:
When we were all together in May (even before that) it felt like we'd known each other for years ❤
I needed a little happy infusion tonight so here I am back on your report “hanging out” with your family - as always, thanks for taking us along!
You are always welcome to join the DeVizio's and so is "R" as he was truly missed! But we were SO happy to have you 😘
It does look tempting and I am so jealous of this right now. All they need to include are tureens of mushroom bisque and I’d never need to stay anywhere else!
OMG why have I never thought about this???? I need to write a letter to signature services STAT! Seriously though there's no reason why they can't have the soup there right?
(Plays montage in my head of the things I like best about staying in a hotel, set to an upbeat pop cover of a Disney classic: peeling back crisp sheets on a bed made by someone other than me, playing the Stacey channel, cranking the AC down with wanton disregard for the electric bill, dipping ice from an ice bucket to enjoy a drink in bed, emptying my pump bottle of shower gel into the bottle I brought from home. Wait. Pretend you didn’t read that last one)
This is heaven :cloud9: I say as I make a note to bring any empty shampoo bottles I accrue in the next two weeks to"pump up". Because I can't refill lotions anymore, CAN I DISNEY 👿
Because Disney has tons of amazing burgers and the QS ones are an abomination to cows across America?
I'll take "reasons not to eat in HS" for $500 Alex"
Yummmm! I wish I could find that huckleberry vodka here at home, but I guess it keeps it “special” that I can’t...
This happened to me with Schoffferhofer. I was buying it at home and it lost it's "specialness" so I stopped. Some things need to be ONLY Disney. Like how I can buy Laila at Nordstrom's if I want but it's not as much fun as buying it in Norway and hoping Gier is there to help me 🇳🇴

Not that I personally find anything wrong with wine or sangria or booze of any sort from a box, can, bag, or bottle of any sort...
but good to know!
Oh I'll drink it from any vessel you wanna give it to me in but you could tell this was like, Lord & Taylor sangria over Walmart sangria.
I don't know why I'm relying so much on big box stores for these responses???/
That doesn’t even seem possible that this wasn’t even a whole year ago. I’m glad to have “known” you through reports for much longer and to have many more lengthy meets since then ;) :hug:
I just said here to Ariella that when we were all together - and even before that when we'd text etc - it honestly felt like we'd all known each other so much longer and that's absolutely the case for U-n-ME!
We really have enjoyed our meals at Marrakesh as well. I love that goat cheese appetizer. We last ate there back in November as part of the Candlelight Processional package. Some things are hit and miss but overall I'd definitely return there.
As perfect as our Nov meal was when Steve and I went 2 months later it wasn't nearly as good unfortunately. But we'll be back and I do feel it's a solid choice!
It was a great night!!!!
It was and I'm so totally happy we got to be part of it 🥰
Oye! Last year of High School!!! That is crazy!!!
Ugh it's crazy, weird, unbelievable to a degree, scary and sad all at the same time! Do not wish time to go faster for the girls because I get sick whenever I think about my boy going away to college in 12 months.........................

Because I can't refill lotions anymore, CAN I DISNEY 👿

I just had the most diabolical idea. What would they do if I took my poor calloused/blistered feet and just lathered them up with the H2O tester in the resort gift shop before bed 😂😂😂

Kinda wanna try this out. At like... the Grand.

'll take "reasons not to eat in HS" for $500 Alex"
I feel so understood right now!

it's not as much fun as buying it in Norway and hoping Gier is there to help me 🇳🇴
Oooh la la!

that's absolutely the case for U-n-ME!
💕💕💕 you are the best!

We did too :hug: I got so excited when you texted back that you were heading to AK too! I wish we had more time but I bet our paths cross again sometime :-) Especially if Ricky goes to Cortland!!!
I was SO excited when I saw you were in AK as well! I wished we had had more time, but we'll definitely cross paths again :goodvibes And yes... maybe not even always in Disney!

lol not surprised they're hard to resist! Did you like it? I think it's like the 2nd best Blood Mary I've had on property!
Oh I LOVED it! I was so happy I grabbed one. I remember having to knock it back fairly quickly though, so I must have had a FP or something to get to :laughing:

But definitely try one next time you go, which will be when??????
That's a darn good question! Right now I have reservations at Music in November... but it's possible I may have a job opportunity that may prevent that from happening... :rolleyes1I'm in that "will it or won't it happen" phase :confused::faint:

IMG_0080.JPG

These are "Mr. Kamal's seasoned fries topped with tzatziki salad and sriracha ketchup" and unfortunately I believe they are no longer on the menu. I did find a review of them that said the tzatziki salad is a "saucy mix of cool tzatziki, cucumbers, and tomatoes." and that sounds right!
Bummer I had no idea these were gone. They were so good. Who would have known foods from France, Greece, and Thailand could plead so well.

IMG_0084.JPG

It doesn't look all that tempting here but this is the WL cobbler and they had it out pretty much every night; it reminded me of the cobbler they had at the former Artist Point (RIP AP)
RIP indeed. The one and only time we did CL was at WL and this was the best part about it. We ate it every single night and that was still not enough!

Because who doesn't want salami with a little cranberry mayo first thing in the morning :earboy2:

We started off with a ride on Living with the Land. I love the different touches they add for all the seasons and festivals and tonight was no exception! I don't remember ever seeing this though which was cute:

IMG_0141.JPG
Oh I love this. The Land is one of my favorites and Christmas the land! I can hear the jingle bells ringing now

Beef Brewat Rolls
Baked layers of thin pastry stuffed with season minced beef, fried and sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar

IMG_0145.JPG
Not sure how I'd feel about the sugar either but everything else sounds great

IMG_0148.JPG

You had me at kalamata olives :love: The first time we got these with the kids they balked at goat cheese but both tried it and loved it and I'm a big fan of goat cheese. The crispy bread is nice and light; our only complaint is we could use a little more of it. It's possible they'd bring us some but we've never asked.
Now this I would be all over. Olives and goat cheese should really just be their own food group in my mind.

This ended up being like our 2nd favorite meal of the trip! With the exception of the one appetizer we didn't care for everything was fantastic which is why Steve and I figured we'd have a decent meal the following January. But as I said all restaurants have a bad night and we will definitely return here. If you've never tried it I highly suggest giving it a go!
Wow, great meal! We only ever ate there once and had an ok experience but certainly not as good as you. May need to get back there in 2025 when we head back :P

I just had the most diabolical idea. What would they do if I took my poor calloused/blistered feet and just lathered them up with the H2O tester in the resort gift shop before bed 😂😂😂

Kinda wanna try this out. At like... the Grand.
YES! But wait, wait 🤔 First we get all dressed up fancy and go to V&A's and THEN we do the lathering of the feet with the tester! Perfect :thumbsup2
💕💕💕 you are the best!
:cloud9:
Oh I LOVED it! I was so happy I grabbed one. I remember having to knock it back fairly quickly though, so I must have had a FP or something to get to :laughing:
It's easy to knock those back quick in the heat! It didn't take me long to finish mine either lol
That's a darn good question! Right now I have reservations at Music in November... but it's possible I may have a job opportunity that may prevent that from happening... :rolleyes1I'm in that "will it or won't it happen" phase :confused::faint:
!
That's a hard one.........the job opportunity is probably a great thing but of course we always want to put our Disney trips first! So whatever you want to happen is what i hope happens :-)
Bummer I had no idea these were gone. They were so good. Who would have known foods from France, Greece, and Thailand could plead so well.
It was seriously the weirdest combination but man did it work and work GOOD! Yeah they're gone :mad: They have like different dips or something now but nothing the same.
Because who doesn't want salami with a little cranberry mayo first thing in the morning :earboy2:
#breakfastofchampions
Olives and goat cheese should really just be their own food group in my mind.
I would take a bowl of goat cheese with olives mixed in and be in heaven. Extra points if they're kalamata olives!
Wow, great meal! We only ever ate there once and had an ok experience but certainly not as good as you. May need to get back there in 2025 when we head back :P
You do have to try it again but YOU LIE! Or you simply made a typographical error and meant to write 2020 :snooty:

It's easy to knock those back quick in the heat! It didn't take me long to finish mine either lol
:laughing: Yes! And... come to think of it, maybe I didn't "have a FP to get to", maybe I just knocked it back to knock it back :rotfl2:

That's a hard one.........the job opportunity is probably a great thing but of course we always want to put our Disney trips first! So whatever you want to happen is what i hope happens :-)
Thank you!!! :goodvibes Exactly. And either way, at this point, I just want to know so I can start making plans - some Disney-related, some not! :laughing:

Happy Labor Day weekend friends, up here it signifies not only the end of summer but the return of the little children to school :-) I used to LOVE this day but as they get older it's not stressful having them home all summer plus I get to sleep late with them. But this year I especially don't want the first day of school to come because it's Ricky's LAST first day of school before college and that makes me sad, excited, scared all at the same time not to mention making me feel old! So here's to all our kids having a wonderful school year whether they've started already or are starting next week ♥

But now, fun stuff! We had all the kid and grandkids over today and while our 6 week old grandson Carter is not supposed to be on social media :rolleyes1

IMG_3661.JPG

And our 14 month old granddaughter Hayden checking out her cousin in what used to be HER bouncer:

IMG_E3665.JPG

And yes she did try to climb in with him! Lots of fun today, Hayden was exhausted and refused to go to sleep so finally after HOURS she kon:rolleyes:ked out with daddy while watching one of her favorite movies, The Secret Life of Pets 2:

IMG_3674.JPG

I just cannot get enough of her!!!!!! I want to eat her up :goodvibes So on the subject of food let's get to our 2nd to last park day, the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2018! Our day up until dinner was like a mish-mosh of stuff so excuse this kind of all over post.

We had done RD the day before so weren't rushing today although I did want to get where we were going as early as possible. First things first we needed some food to be strong enough to make the trip from the WL to the MK and while we were loving the club lounge we weren't really feeling breakfast there today. Instead we opted for something from the WL quick service, Roaring Fork.

We do not really like their current menu except for breakfast. This morning Steve decided to treat his diabetes well and got this:

Banana Foster French Toast
Thick-sliced Brioche battered in Cinnamon-Egg Custard and topped with a Bananas Foster and Whipped Cream served with Potato Hash

IMG_0186.JPG

He subbed the potato hash for bacon and thought this was just the sweetest most delicious breakfast ever! He wanted to finish it but left like 1.5 pieces just to be sort of good??? He'd been eyeing it all week every time we went in there for something so I'm not surprised he got it. I went a little smaller

IMG_0187.JPG

I don't think this really needs an explanation, and it was good as always! I find Disney bacon to be on point just about all the time 🥓

After this we collected the boys who did take advantage of the lounge for something quick and we headed over to MK for lots of rides on mountains and a bit of time Tomorrowland. We were still there when we all needed some lunch and for whatever reason we opted not to go to our staple CHH bu instead go to Pinocchio's Village Haus.

We've gotten some decent flatbreads here before but we don't love it; I feel like there was some arguing possibly and so Steve and I gave in on this one. And I believe Chris decided once we arrived that he wasn't going to eat anything :rolleyes: This is what we ended up with:

Gourmet Cheese Flatbread
Flatbread topped with Tomato Sauce, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Provolone and Parmesan

Meat Lovers Flatbread
Flatbread topped with Sausage, Pepperoni, Ham, Bacon, Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella

Breadsticks
Garlic Breadsticks served with our House Marinara Sauce

IMG_0196.JPG

The breadsticks are fine and this was the first time we'd tried the meat lovers; not bad, the crumbled sausage was actually a little spicy and rather tasty. It was ok to take care of our hunger and probably the 2nd or 3rd best QS choice in MK IMO after CHH and possibly Pecos Bill only because they have nachos and any place that has nachos is A-O-K in my book!

It was on the crowded side today so after a few non-headliners with low waits we went back to the lodge (I wish I could say that every trip!) I needed to get my Magic Bar fix so stopped in Roaring Fork. Imagine my excitement when I saw a HOLIDAY VERSION OF MY MAGIC BAR

IMG_0206.JPG

Note the "normal" sprinkles in my avatar, also reminding you how I feel about these :cloud9::cloud9:

We chilled for a little bit and shopped before getting ready for our dinner reservation. I didn't want to fill up but at some point Steve and the boys went to the lounge as our reservation was on the later side and they needed a snack. Here's the "dinner" menu for this night:

IMG_0269.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3674.JPG
    IMG_3674.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter