Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

Cheese Fondue in a bread bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes featuring Melissa’s Produce
:love:

Bûche de Noël au Chocolat “Christmas Log”: Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Caramel Ganache
This looks amazing! DH's response when I showed him the picture: "That's probably $6 for that little thing" 🙄

Belle came out in her holiday dress
Love that dress! So pretty!

I'm super excited to see Universal at Christmas! The parade is definitely on our list!! Planning for USO is so different than WDW. Do you recommend finding a parade spot an hour before, like we would at WDW?
It is different! For the most part you really don't have to plan much lol although you are going at the holidays. We did get our spot about an hour early - this was 4 day before Thanksgiving and we probably could have waited another 15-25 minutes or so. We did have a few families try pushing their way ahead of us which I didn't allow lol so yes, especially for the time you're going I say an hour before at least.
if for some reason an hour before you don't see anyone sitting/standing along the parade route then you can wait a bit but I don't think that'll happen!
@kastoney has tispy notes, you can have teenboy notes
🤣
It is coming up soon!!!!!
12 days! Just ordered some stuff for the trip lol better late than never!

The review of that bacon has me crying! I am so sad! I want it to be amazing

Love the eating around the world to start a day!

Love the AK picture! Teenagers.... I love that they are letting you make all the choices! I worry when my kids figure out that they can make the choices at Disney! I will be so sad!

Yuummmm! All your Epcot food pics are making my mouth water.

I love Belle's holiday dress :lovestruc A definite winner for sure.

Ooh I hope your crew likes Cape May! We enjoyed breakfast there and the characters were fun. The food was pretty good when we went. It's not an every trip kinda place for me, but we have it booked again for our August trip.

This is Chris's sea salt chocolate covered bacon from Toothsome - sounds good right?

Um, NO. Not at all 🤮

Chris took one bite and spit it out so I took a bit and almost threw up because it tasted like raw pig slathered in Hershey's.

Yum.

First up we returned to a favorite from 2 years ago from the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen:
Cheese Fondue in a bread bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes featuring Melissa’s Produce (Kid Approved) (Vegetarian)

IMG_9788.JPG

What's not to love about bread and cheese? Steve and Chris LOVED the little potatoes both years and the cheese was amazing. Rich and a little gritty but surprisingly not heavy; also just enough to finish the bread with!

Now that looks good ::yes:: Are those little baby zucchinis?:lovestruc

while we watched, Belle came out in her holiday dress:

IMG_9795.JPG

Beautiful :love:

I'll leave you with this fun shot of the boys in front of the AK Xmas tree I made them take when we arrived:

IMG_9832.JPG

:rotfl:

This year's Christmas card pic, perhaps?

So to make it easy for everyone I booked Cape May Cafe breakfast on the 4th :) Chris still likes a character meal here and there (requested GG for Dec) plus I heard the food is good so the plan I'm making everyone follow will be Epcot early for TT then CMC breakfast then chilling at the resort before we head to MK late afternoon. Ricky will be thrilled but I'm looking forward to trying a new place and I do love breakfast!

That sounds fun! We've never been to Cape May for anything, but the breakfast looks fun. I thought you were going to say you were going to GG but I see you're going in December. We LOVED GG breakfast and the best part was we ate and then got on Soarin' twice without using a FP :thumbsup2

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile guys, work is kicking my butt :oops: No way will this be done before we leave in what is now 12 days 🎆 so when we return I'll probably start another TR and have 3 reports going..............
I can't believe your trip is so close!!!! We're headed to the beach right after the 4th so I'll be counting down right along with ya.

Unfortunately Kari @kastoney hadn't at this point clued me in on the infamous Iranian macaroon seen in her current TR so that one is missing but I was super happy with these!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Glad to hear you were happy with yours, but ya really missed out on the Iranian one. When they aren't shooting down unmanned planes they can make a mean macaroon :earboy2:

IMG_9777.JPG

This is Chris's sea salt chocolate covered bacon from Toothsome - sounds good right? Well it did to me because bacon 🥓 and chocolate
🍫 and salt. But this was GROSS. Chris took one bite and spit it out so I took a bit and almost threw up because it tasted like raw pig slathered in Hershey's. Thumbs down for sure!
:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: That is discusting. Though I'm also wondering why It Tastes LIke Raw Pig Slathered in Hershey's wasn't the name of your trip report 🐖🍫 Better yet you could just use these emojis as your title

IMG_9788.JPG

What's not to love about bread and cheese? Steve and Chris LOVED the little potatoes both years and the cheese was amazing. Rich and a little gritty but surprisingly not heavy; also just enough to finish the bread with! We almost had to get another one but opted to go for more treat.
Ugh I so wanted to try this but of course as we were approaching the booth Jason mutters who on earth would want to eat hot cheese and bread on a warm day and at that point I wasn't gonna say me!

IMG_9792.JPG

I don't see brussels sprouts? I also don't eat them so wouldn't have asked if they were there but Steve didn't tell me they were missing. He didn't enjoy this as much as the 1.5 bites of lamb he got but he still ate a good part of this.
While I know they are a vegetable and green and therefore do not exist in your world, for the record the green leaves are the brussels sprouts :earboy2:

IMG_9832.JPG

Love it!!! They actually made the faces on purpose because I told them they better smile lol
Sure they did!!!! I think we found your Christmas card for this year!!!

Unfortunately Kari @kastoney hadn't at this point clued me in on the infamous Iranian macaroon seen in her current TR
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

IMG_9778.JPG

My macaroons from Toothsome minus 3 th
Yum!!!! Have you had the one from france with raspberries?

IMG_9788.JPG

What's not to love about bread and cheese? Steve and Chris LOVED the little potatoes both years and the cheese was amazing. Rich and a little gritty but surprisingly not heavy; also just enough to finish the bread with! We almost had to get another one but opted to go for more treat.
Not enough bread to go with this!!!

Grilled Lamb Kefta Kebab with Whole Wheat Pita, Cucumber, Olives, Tomatoes, Mint Yogurt Sauce and Harissa-cilantro Dressing —

IMG_9791.JPG
too much onions for Andy and def too many olives for me.

Bûche de Noël au Chocolat “Christmas Log”: Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Caramel Ganache

IMG_9793.JPG
Yum,

IMG_9832.JPG

Love it!!!
oh man.

So to make it easy for everyone I booked Cape May Cafe breakfast on the 4th :) Chris still likes a character meal here and there (requested GG for Dec) plus I heard the food is good so t
OHHH I am hoping I can keep our reservation here in August. You will have to tell me how it is.

The review of that bacon has me crying! I am so sad! I want it to be amazing
I know, I'd never had it before although I've seen chocolate covered bacon in other places so I was super disappointed. But in no way at all was it good :sad2:
I love that they are letting you make all the choices! I worry when my kids figure out that they can make the choices at Disney! I will be so sad!
Ha! I prefer them to make the choices because then 1. I know we're doing what they want and 2. I can't be blamed for things going wrong! Bit om general they both just suck at making decisions and don't want to make extra ones lol. Ricky is very go with the flow and will do whatever I suggest; Chris complains whether it's my idea or not so really what's the difference.....................

Ooh I hope your crew likes Cape May! We enjoyed breakfast there and the characters were fun. The food was pretty good when we went. It's not an every trip kinda place for me, but we have it booked again for our August trip.
I'm sure we will! I don't think we've had breakfast anywhere on property that we didn't like - except CRT and it wasn't that we didn't LIKE it, just wasn't anything special. Chris only vaguely admits still enjoying character meals to me so deep down he'll like it ::yes:: and I've heard great things about the character interaction.
Oh and also I'm so bummed we miss you AGAIN!

Um, NO. Not at all 🤮
😄 this doesn't surprise me about you lol

Now that looks good ::yes:: Are those little baby zucchinis?:lovestruc

Yes they are, and Steve enjoyed those also!

This year's Christmas card pic, perhaps?
OMG they would kill me but it would be hysterical.

We LOVED GG breakfast and the best part was we ate and then got on Soarin' twice without using a FP :thumbsup2
Yes! We've done it twice and got on Soarin' with little wait both times, will probably try again in Dec and as long as we get a real early breakfast hopefully it works even though it'll be the most crowded time of the year lol. The food is always fresh!

I can't believe your trip is so close!!!! We're headed to the beach right after the 4th so I'll be counting down right along with ya.
Nice! Yup 10 days....................they sneak up faster and faster the older I get 👵

When they aren't shooting down unmanned planes they can make a mean macaroon :earboy2:
I've heard baking skills are required before you get your pilots license over there............

While I know they are a vegetable and green and therefore do not exist in your world, for the record the green leaves are the brussels sprouts :earboy2:
:rotfl2: But see I think of brussels sprouts as those round things! Usually I see them when Steve gets them as a side somewhere and they're grilled or whatever and they don't look like that. Now if they were candied brussels sprouts or covered in chocolate, I would have recognized them right away.
Have you ever had Iranian brussels sprouts ⁉

Sure they did!!!! I think we found your Christmas card for this year!!!
I'm going to make 2 cards with this picture, just for you and Kelly @buzzrelly 🎅

OMG! This made me LOL!!! I absolutely LOVE your description!!!!
That's exactly what it tasted like 🐷🐖

I forgot to mention that I think breakfast at CMC has been consistently good throughout the years!!! Good choice.
Thanks! I hear consistently good things about it. We had it booked once and cancelled so hopefully this sticks. Better than Chef Mickey 🤢 lol

Yum!!!! Have you had the one from france with raspberries?
I did once and I need to again I loved it!

OHHH I am hoping I can keep our reservation here in August. You will have to tell me how it is.
I will! Are you possibly cancelling? I'm sure your plans are posted somewhere I've just been so bad at keeping up on all reports 😥

What I want to know is who ate the baby zucchini asI know you are usually not friends with green things....
Super duper good as most cider's are. I don't so much like citrusy (??) flavors so this was right up my alley and went well with the cheese bowl - but then again to me hard cider goes with everything.......
Agreed!
This was delicious! We had some type of buche de noel the first time we did the festival of the holidays but this one was better. To wash down my chocolate cake I tried something that the festival booths in France always have and I've always skipped over in favor of slushies:
Yum and yum!
While we sat in France eating we noticed the line for who we thought was Aurora was quite long - she usually meets in France in the corner near where the festival booth is. But then while we watched, Belle came out in her holiday dress:
So pretty!!
Love it!!! They actually made the faces on purpose because I told them they better smile lol I'll try not to let it be this long between updates and hopefully I'll get a couple more done before we leave for Disney on the 3rd! Speaking of I just added a new to us character breakfast for that trip. Both boys told me they don't want me to ask them "what do you guys want to do now?" during our trip; since we usually aren't that structured during our trips I'll often say "so do you guys want to go here or there? Do this or that?" And nobody answers me......so they told me just to TELL them where to go and what to do. OK! I don't have us at Epcot much but Chris does like TT - I asked him today if he thinks he'd want to RD it one day and then do breakfast somewhere. His response was "ok" and to book wherever I want. So to make it easy for everyone I booked Cape May Cafe breakfast on the 4th :) Chris still likes a character meal here and there (requested GG for Dec) plus I heard the food is good so the plan I'm making everyone follow will be Epcot early for TT then CMC breakfast then chilling at the resort before we head to MK late afternoon. Ricky will be thrilled but I'm looking forward to trying a new place and I do love breakfast!
Sounds like a great plan! We are at AK on the 4th and I think we are heading to Disney Springs that night for a progressive dinner at a few bars. We want to avoid the crowds as much as possible plus we don't celebrate the 4th being Canadian. We'll have had our Canada Day celebrations here on July 1st before leaving early the next morning. Only nine more days!

Oh and also I'm so bummed we miss you AGAIN!

Oh my gosh ME TOO! Don't get me started! Eventually it'll work again. Nathan and I keep talking about how wonderful it'll be when I'm finally out of school and can choose when to take vacation, cuz that'll free up a lot of more desirable times to go to WDW, and maybe we'll overlap again as a result, which would just be a lovely bonus. :)

I did once and I need to again I loved it!
It really is good. And the gelato version as well! I always forget about them though.

I will! Are you possibly cancelling? I'm sure your plans are posted somewhere I've just been so bad at keeping up on all reports 😥
I am the big breakfast person, so I tend to get out voted on breakfast. But we will be at Yacht Club by then and just swimming that day, so I am hoping I can keep it.

I literally just posted my plans. June has been kicking my butt! I think I JUST got caught up on most folks Trip Reports. I had some I hadn't read since last month! oops!

But this was GROSS. Chris took one bite and spit it out so I took a bit and almost threw up because it tasted like raw pig slathered in Hershey's. Thumbs down for sure!
Ick! Sounds awful. I feel like I read about this exact thing on someone else's TR recently too? (and they had the same reaction) :scared:

IMG_9793.JPG
Yes, please! Looks good enough to have two! :thumbsup2

I had to get a picture because I've never met her in this dress and it's just so pretty 🥀
Sooo pretty! :goodvibes

I'll leave you with this fun shot of the boys in front of the AK Xmas tree I made them take when we arrived:
:rotfl2:

Almost missed this update as I thought it was Jenny there for a minute... 😂 #terrybomb

but then again to me hard cider goes with everything.......
Yes ma’am! That’s my girl

I don't eat lamb
Do you think it tastes... baaa-aaa-aad?

Ba dummm ch! 🥁 tip your servers folks, I’ll be here all week.

I'm so glad I tried it because it was so good! It's bubbly, sweet but not nearly as sweet as say a Moscato and super refreshing. I've since had it there again
:snooty: TRAITOR!
Viva la slush!

Wait... Viva la any beverage from France! (Now I need to try these Kir beverages. Think they’ll have a special bastille day Kir next week?)

I booked Cape May Cafe breakfast on the 4th :)
That is so dang American. Perfect breakfast choice on Independence Day!

Can’t wait to see you!!!!

What I want to know is who ate the baby zucchini asI know you are usually not friends with green things....
:rotfl2: very true! Steve ate the zucchini as he LOVES his veggies. Sadly that hasn't been passed down to either of the boys although Chris will eat some.

We are at AK on the 4th and I think we are heading to Disney Springs that night for a progressive dinner at a few bars. We want to avoid the crowds as much as possible plus we don't celebrate the 4th being Canadian.
Duh I didn't even think about the fact that you don't celebrate! Well your 4th plans sound great. I know we'll be in the middle of madness at MK but since it's our first trip over the 4th I do want to try it. If we can't stand it (and that's a big possibility) we'll just had back to the Contemporary and watch the fireworks from there and I'll be just as happy :goodvibes

Oh my gosh ME TOO! Don't get me started! Eventually it'll work again. Nathan and I keep talking about how wonderful it'll be when I'm finally out of school and can choose when to take vacation, cuz that'll free up a lot of more desirable times to go to WDW, and maybe we'll overlap again as a result, which would just be a lovely bonus. :)
True! One other bonus to finishing school besides the accomploshment of having worked hard for the degree and being able to make more $$ will be freedom. I'm sure at some point we'll cross paths again :hug:

I am the big breakfast person, so I tend to get out voted on breakfast. But we will be at Yacht Club by then and just swimming that day, so I am hoping I can keep it.
I'm also really the only one who likes a big breakfast although Chris can get into it; Steve and Ricky not so much or it has to be a few hours after they're up. That's why we don't do many of them but I'm attempting 2 this trip; we'll see what we keep!

Ick! Sounds awful. I feel like I read about this exact thing on someone else's TR recently too? (and they had the same reaction) :scared:
I know they have candied bacon somewhere in the MK that 's supposed to be good so I hope that's not what you read about!

Do you think it tastes... baaa-aaa-aad?
🐑
Wait... Viva la any beverage from France! (Now I need to try these Kir beverages. Think they’ll have a special bastille day Kir next week?)
I wish! But they DO have one for F&W so let's get that trip planned! Sept 14-18th; just blow off your work, it's not like you have a house to pay for now or anything........

Can’t wait to see you!!!!
Same here lady :love2:

Cheese Fondue in a bread bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes featuring Melissa’s Produce (Kid Approved) (Vegetarian)

YUM I remember this from last year so good.

Chocolate :D

Holiday Kir: Sparking Wine and Monin Cranberry Syrup

France has the best drinks :drinking1

:rotfl2:Yes Christmas Card!

Your trip is so close have a wonderful time :hug:

I just read this entire review from page 1. Never really looked at DS restaurants much. But after your Morimoto Review - I went and made an ADR for our July trip. We usually leave our last day open to do whatever - so made it for lunch that day since it is only 1TS at lunch. So excited. I am one who usually goes to the same places. Excited to try something new. It looks awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!