Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

I need to try Tutto at some point!

Exciting that you booked a 4th of July trip! Did the awesome AP rates get you too? lol thats what got me to book my June trip! :rotfl:

4th of July is definitely one of my bucketlist times, unfortunately in my current job its a blacked out vacation period so unless I go somewhere else it wont be happening! Maybe someday though! Especially since DH's bday is 7/2 it would be fun to go for the 4th and his bday!

That's right, I'm knocking a holiday and the last deluxe resort off my list! Well technically I still need to stay at Bay Lake but to me it's kind of the same thing lol. We're going the 3-8th and while I don't book FP's until next Friday (while I'm on our EPIC girls trip) and have only made one ADR for the Plaza, I know we'll be in the MK for the 4th. And our plan is to hit up Jock Lindsay's when we arrive!!!
Yay and double yay! We are finally at Disney at the same time!!! Bill and I will be there from the 2-11 on our anniversary trip staying at AKL and Copper Creek! We will definitely have to meet up! :)

In between we have lots of other super fun stuff planned :goodvibes BTW if you happen to hear about any big commotions or kerfuffle's at Geyser Point the beginning of May - it's probably us :tiptoe:
It will definitely be you! Wish I was going to be part of the shenanigans but looking forward to hearing all about them!

I cannot, cannot say enough about this place. From the atmosphere to the drinks to the food and including the staff we had a stellar experience and it was a highlight of our trip. So glad we found it!!
Adding it to my list!

In case you couldn't tell it was hot that day. So far my birthday was shaping up great; stay tuned for the end of our last park day and my birthday dinner. In the meantime enjoy your weekend!
Looks like a perfect birthday celebration. :)

Exciting that you booked a 4th of July trip! Did the awesome AP rates get you too? lol thats what got me to book my June trip! :rotfl:
I'm really looking forward to it especially since they boys will be with us and they haven't been since Thanksgiving :goodvibes I always book with my TA rate though, it's so much more than the AP rate! You should take a look and see what's available for your June dates!

Yay and double yay! We are finally at Disney at the same time!!! Bill and I will be there from the 2-11
:cheer2: I thought of you when I posed in the July 2019 thread but I've been so busy I didn't get to check your dates, that's awesome!! We will absolutely meet up!

Adding it to my list!
Tutto Gusto would be perfect for your anniversary trip, think a break on a hot Epcot afternoon :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, I apologize for not updating again before I leave IN APPROX. 12 HOURS, time just got away from me the last few days. I am so totally excited to begin my EPIC DISboard's Girls Trip tomorrow with so many of my DIS friends, old and new :goodvibes I'll finish our last Feb. day when I get back; most of you are either going to be there with me or are already friends with me on facebook but if you fall into neither category and would like to follow along feel free to send me a friend request: Ariane Costa DeVizio
I'll be back soon!

Have a fantastic trip! I have no trips currently planned, so am living through you ladies -enjoy :goodvibes

That's right, I'm knocking a holiday and the last deluxe resort off my list! Well technically I still need to stay at Bay Lake but to me it's kind of the same thing lol. We're going the 3-8th and while I don't book FP's until next Friday (while I'm on our EPIC girls trip) and have only made one ADR for the Plaza, I know we'll be in the MK for the 4th. And our plan is to hit up Jock Lindsay's when we arrive!!!
My favorite resort! What room type are you staying in?

img_1226-jpg.397177

Yay free birthday dessert! I love when that happens. And lava cake is delicious.

So I’m replying on my phone and I hate quoting so please excuse the lack of quotes!

Ah! July 4th so jel and excited for you! It’s on my lists to go for 2 weeks in July both my girls birthdays are July and the older 1 asks to go to Disney for her birthday but it’s not a super convenient time for us but can’t wait to hear how it is!

Can’t wait to hear about this trip! You might actually be in a Disney already!!

Ok I have a Via Napoli reservation but this food looks oh so good!!! I mean those meatballs and prosciutto! Omg! I am hungry now and I can’t eat for like 2 more hours!!!

Last edited:
Just joining in and this is the first report of yours I've read, and I'm loving it so far! Hope you have a great trip and cannot wait to hear more about all your trips when you get back!

And so the 2019 EPIC DISBoards Girls' Trip has come to an end :sad:
It was AMAZING!!! I got to see "old" friends again and met so many new ones, all great ladies (and men), some so generous with their gifts it made my heart smile. I won't be doing a new dining report for it or even a new TR as I kind of relaxed this trip and didn't take nearly as many pictures as usual other than lots of group selfies lol and some that, well, are not quite ready for prime time so to speak ;) but I'll post some in my next update. I love that many of you were able to follow along on FB!

Ah! July 4th so jel and excited for you! It’s on my lists to go for 2 weeks in July both my girls birthdays are July and the older 1 asks to go to Disney for her birthday but it’s not a super convenient time for us but can’t wait to hear how it is!
I'm super excited! Not only are we knocking off July 4th this year but NYE as well pixiedust: I hear you on not convenient, that's how my birthday usually is until this year and for whatever reason I've wanted to go in June and that's like the hardest month for us.

Can’t wait to hear about this trip! You might actually be in a Disney already!!
I was and you will lol! I think I'm going to add in some to my not long ago finished "Pixie Dust" TR :thumbsup2

Hope you have a magically epic trip
:thanks: I did, it was incredible and I'm hoping it becomes and every year thing!

Just joining in and this is the first report of yours I've read, and I'm loving it so far! Hope you have a great trip and cannot wait to hear more about all your trips when you get back!
Well hello and :welcome: I'm glad you're here and enjoying my report! There's plenty more where this came from, I tend to go on and on and on :laughing:

Have a great trip! I sent you a friend request, so I can see some pics :love:
Got it :goodvibes I hope you enjoyed following!

I can see that you are having an amazing time!!! Can't wait to see and hear about more details later!!
Yeah yeah, but as I said on my TR you're in ICELAND!!! That's just a tad better than Disney......

It was SO great to finally meet you in person, Ariane!! :)
Jackie same here! I was totally looking forward to meeting you, I only wish we hung a bit more! It's hard with that many people though. I also completely regret not saying happy birthday to you because I thought about it that morning and then forgot :headache::headache:

From an "old" friend who was more than generous with the gift of my sarcasm and alcohol, you are officially welcome!
Oh your gifts were 100% expected and 1000% did not disappoint :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:woohoo::woohoo:

Happy belated Birthday, Ariane! :bday: Sorry your Yachtsman dinner wasn't up to par. We've never eaten there, and I feel like we should try it out at least once, but it's never on my radar. I've been wanting to go back to Le Cellier so badly, as it has a lot of great memories for us, back before it turned signature, and when it was worth the price. I book it every trip, and then cancel because I read reviews that are just so so, and I hate paying good money for so so food & service. I had that Blood Mary on our trip last month, the F&G version with the shrimp. It was outstanding, one of the best Bloody Mary's ever! Mickey beignets are the best, aren't they! Had the Mickey version for the first time on our trip last month, too, with the raspberry dipping sauce! Yum! I think you've convinced me to try Tutto Gusto. Again, every trip I say we're going to check it out, and then we don't. It sounds amazing though! Yay to booking a July 4th trip! pixiedust: So exciting!!!

Well here's to another weekend! I finally finished unpacking today from our EPIC trip :sad1::sad1: I still can't believe it's come and gone. It won't be the same but luckily our next trip is less than 2 months away and I'm exited the boys will be with us, I've been 3x since they've been! FP's are set but not dining. I have come to enjoy lounges so much and combined with most signature restaurants, we really don't need to worry about ADR's ahead of time. Yay.......
But for now I still have some February to finish up!

Trifecta Trip #2 (but really #3)
Happy Surprise Birthday To Me!
The Last Supper

It's been awhile but you may remember our incredible, amazing, outstanding time at Tutto Gusto followed by some sunshine in a glass at Epcot before going to say good-bye to the MK. We didn't stay long; our night was ending in a 3rd park:

IMG_1189.JPG
I would like to add here that I am falling more in love with AK each trip @pepperandchips , here's another reason for you to love me! I happened to have had an extremely awesome day there last week but I digress. My growing love for this park definitely has to do with the food options but it also has to do with these guys whom we stop to watch as often as we can:

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

And much like Tutto Gusto I highly recommend you stop and watch them asap! These acrobats are in Africa and perform a few times a day, usually beginning later in the afternoon after Burudika is done. Like most entertainment in Disney they like to include guests in their act:

IMG_1207.JPG

Yup, and the pictures Steve took get worse from here lol!

We came to AK for my birthday dinner; you're probably thinking Tiffins which makes sense and we both love Tiffins and why wouldn't we do a signature for my birthday???? But there was somewhere else I had in mind, somewhere I'd wanted to go for awhile but hadn't been able to convince....anyone else to go......

IMG_1215.JPG

Hmmm I guess this really doesn't tell you where we went unless you look at the comment card so without any cool intro - we went to Yak and Yeti.

Exciting birthday dinner right? But it was my party and I'll eat there if I want to! And I'm glad we did :)

That Golden Monkey was Steve's and he liked it: I don't seem to have a picture of my drink but I got the
Yak Attack
Mango Daiquiri, Don Q Cristal Rum and Wildberry Flavors

I've had this before from the Y&Y quick serve and it's really good! Oh and we didn't have a reservation but used our handy new Landry's card for the first time and were seated within 6 minutes of walking in. We were also seated before others that were waiting in the lobby when we walked in so huge score having the Landry's card!

Next up was my app which I reluctantly shared with Steve since he didn't want to order one. I'd had these a few years ago and knew before we got there that I wanted them again:

Pork Pot Stickers
Pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce

IMG_1216.JPG

They don't just give you 3 I just forgot to take the picture until we'd eaten 2! These were perfectly seared and the sauce was fantastic. Neither of us was starving yet from Tutto Gusto but we had approached "getting hungry" so sharing was actually fine.

Pretty soon our entrees were up! Steve got the

Lo Mein Shrimp
Lo Mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions, bean sprouts

IMG_1217.JPG

This is pretty simple I know but lots of you also know how Steve loves his shrimp! He enjoyed it, finished it, said it was tasty and hit the spot. I on the other hand went with something you can't always get anywhere:

Chicken Tikka Masala
Boneless chicken breast marinated in yogurt and freshly ground herbs cooked in a traditional Masala sauce, jasmine rice, garlic naan bread

IMG_1218.JPG

I had this last time we ate here; I've also had a version from Harambe Market and over at Rose and Crown. Love it! Oddly enough I think the Harambe Market version was my favorite (don't know if they still serve it there) but this is a close 2nd; it's got heat so know that before ordering. The chicken was tender and the sauce is so full of flavor (and heat!) and of course the naan bread and rice do a nice job of giving me carbs AND cutting the heat a bit. This and the potstickers were the reasons I wanted to return and I wasn't disappointed!

We were pretty full after dinner and as much as I wanted those pineapple skewers, I had something else in mind. However the park closed at 9 and it was about 8:50 and we still needed to pay the bill, so while I waited Steve ran quickly to Zuri's Sweet Shoppe to grab me a birthday treat:

Mickey Dark Chocolate with Chili Pepper
IMG_1228.JPG

::yes:: More heat, please! Lindt has a dark chocolate chili bar similar to this; I can't remember who's TR I read about this on (wave if it was you!) but I knew I needed it and I'd forgotten in January. I tucked it away for later and we headed out of our last park of the trip. I did take this one shot of the not-new-anymore-but-newish-then Lion King set up there:

IMG_1221.JPG

I swear we had a PP picture taken too but it's not in my account, oh well. I held out until we were on the bus and then bit into dark chocolate Mickey - he was goooood. But you can't eat too much dark chocolate at once, especially with chili pepper in it, so I saved the rest for the airport the next day. And that's pretty much all we got to do the next day as we had another early-ish flight. What a great birthday trip though and having now been to Disney 2 months in a row twice, I gotta say I wouldn't mind making that a regular thang :scratchin

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG ON MY 2ND TRIP OF OUR TRIFECTA! NOW THAT JANUARY AND FEBRUARY 2019 ARE DONE I DO BELIEVE I'M FEELING GOING BACK TO NOVEMBER 2018, TO OUR THANKSGIVING FAMILY TRIP, TO FINISH THIS TRIFECTA OUT IF YOU ALL ARE WILLING TO STAY WITH ME :D IN THE MEANTIME HAPPY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOM'S AND GRANDMOM'S OUT THERE :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter