Dessert at Blue Bayou

kyrkea333

Luckiest Mom!
i would like to just have a creme brûlée at the Blue Bayou when I’m there in a couple of weeks. Should I be making a reservation for that? I will be travelling solo. It just dawned on me that I may not be able to just pop in for that!

yes you will need a reservation. You might be lucky and get a walk up but I wouldnt risk it.

I would advise against it. We had only dessert there once. It was incredibly awkward. I felt cheap.

Our last visit for a whole meal I had the creme brûlée for dessert. It was sub par. I frequently get it at restaurants and it was quite possibly the worst I’ve had.

You won’t miss out on anything by just going on pirates.

And don’t feel guilty for one second-while I like BB well enough, Disney doesn’t have a lick of guilt over charging me insane prices to eat OK food there :). I’d tip generously and enjoy my dessert!

A reservation will definitely be needed; you are still taking up a table even if for a short period of time.

But I wouldn’t think it’d be frowned upon to get just dessert. The waiter may just smile a bit, but when I’ve done the Fantasmic package I’ve requested 2 desserts instead of an appetiser and they were completely ok with that! And I loved their creme brûlée each time I’ve had it. So to each their own!

I also agree that there is nothing saying your can't just order dessert, however, as others have said, I would highly recommend making a reservation. You might be able to get a walk-up, especially if you're going at an off time, but most times when I've been to BB, the CMs at the podium were turning away walk-ups or telling them a very long standby wait time (>1 hour).

Thank you for all the information. I think I'll go ahead and reserve. I'm going solo this trip and am being quite generous with treating myself! LOL!

Smartlableprint, do you have a favourite place for creme brûlée in the Anaheim area?

Hahaha! Nothing available right now, but maybe I will check closer to the date for cancellations! :rolleyes1

Thank you for all the information. I think I'll go ahead and reserve. I'm going solo this trip and am being quite generous with treating myself! LOL!

Smartlableprint, do you have a favourite place for creme brûlée in the Anaheim area?
No. My fave dessert in Anaheim is the pineapple ice cream at P.F. Chang’s.

We have had the salmon and steak dishes a couple of times. My sister thought the chicken was small. But I think she went at lunch. We’ve always enjoyed our food. Next time we’re taking our kids because the kids menu seems quite reasonably priced for what you get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter