Desparately looking for a good rental car deal!!

Nene2000

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone....Please share any special rates,coupons or deals that you know of on car rentals...I trying to rent an economy car for my trip to WDW in August...The rates for my 5 day trip are rediculous...I need small/Cheap and economical....If you've had some luck...Please share....Thanks..Nene2000.

If you can deal with a pickup truck, Budget has got one for $19.95 a day. Total with taxes and fees, pickup/dropoff at the airport, 9 days was $232.48. Last I looked, they still had this deal going.

NeNe200 can you possibly do without a car while there? We have used Mears shuttle service from the airport, and always been pleased with the service to the resorts. Once there if you are staying onsite the bus transportation works great!
When we have rented a car we have always found Dollar to be the cheapest.

Go to the Dollar site and try DWEB. I got a good rate for an intermediate $104.99 for the week. There are a ton of taxes etc. I think it will be about $150.00 for the week.

Check out Dollar Rent a car

you can get a Economy for a week for 107.99 (Daewoo Lanos)or a Interemediate for 140.99 ( Dodge Stratus)

That was with no codes

Have you tried Priceline?

I found them the cheapest way to go - especially on anything less than a full week. You may want to check it out....

I got a SUV on priceline.com. We were accepted by Hertz for $20 a day for May 19-26. The total, including taxes, for 7 days is 187.39. I think some people were getting smaller vehicles for $12-18 a day. You may want to give it a try. Also, there is a website you can look at to help you bid on priceline.
http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

I have found invaluable tips from this site!

Good luck!
Staci

You may be just missing a weekly rate. You want to rent your car for 5 consecutive 24 hour periods (plus an hour). If you can't arrange that try the Entertainment Book rate with the 1 day free coupon. You might also try hotwire or priceline.

Avis has some nice Florida deals. Go to their website at Avis.com and click on Hot Florida deals.

Good Luck!

Three little words.

Priceline Priceline Priceline

Full size, peak summer $19.00 a day.:pinkbounc

Alamo has some good Florida only deals on the website. We got an SUV for little more than car price. I noticed the small car prices were pretty good, too.

I got a compact for $13/day on priceline.. with Hertz
Your Price (per Day): $13.00
Number of Rental Days: 4
Additional Charges (Taxes, Fees and Surcharges): $18.40
Processing Fee: $5.95
Total Charged to Credit Card: $76.35

Hi Nene,

I dont know when you are travelling, but I had a hard time finding a good rate for July. I just booked a compact car for 8 days through hotwire for $160 total. It was the best rate I could find after entering every code, discount and coupon I knew, including the ones on mousesavers.

Good Luck!

Sheila

I just joined Nationals Emerald Isle and got a 10 day rental for $165 before taxes!! I get to choose any car on the Emerald Isle for that rate.

i normally costs $50 to join but it is free right now if you go to there web site. And i also used my Disney Club discount with it to get that rate.

BTW mine was for over new years. And national is located right at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter