Desination ideas for AFTER disneyland leg of trip?

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Hi I hope you guys can help. we have never been to DL and are doing an Adventures by Disney Trip this July which will include a few days in Hollywood and several days at Disneyland. I am arriving in Hollywood a day ahead of the tour and plan to do a few things there.

AFTER Disneyland I had planned on going to Newport Beach for 2 days but am fearing this might not be very exciting for my family.

I would be open to renting a car of course but where else would you go AFTER Disneyland that was NOT centered around a beach? We are a family of 3, DD16 DH and I.

And any Hollywood recommenations would be most welcome as well. We plan on doing the Warner Brothers Studio Tour!

Have you considered San Diego. Lots of stuff to do there.
However after being on the go, a few down days might be fine ;). There is also Huntington Beach which has some hotels right across the PCH from the ocean. We stay at the Hyatt which has 2 pools and a bridge over the PCH to the beach. There is also a Hilton across the side street. There are traffic lights so crossing over to the beach is easy.
You can walk or drive up to Main St. & the pier. A good selection of restaurants it a variety of price point.We loved it so much that are plan to spend a day at DR went out the window. Four trips and have only gone to DL once and that was to spend the morning checking out DTD.

Thanks so much for the reply. The more I think about it you are right the down time of a beach might be a great idea after so many days on the go. I need to stop overthinking the trip! THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter