Designing Disney Baby Room

dreamingofdisney07

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My DH and I will be changing our spare room in our home into a baby room and I am lost on how to make it suitable for a baby. See, right now it is decorated with Disney things and pics that we have collected ourselves from Disney world but it's not to "baby looking". I have tried looking at different stores, online etc... for baby room items themed around Disney but haven't had to much luck. If anyone has any suggestions and could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not to picky if the designs, crib accessories and things are Mickey and Friends or Pooh etc. We do have a collection of stuffed animals including the Mice, Pluto, Chipmunks, Goofy, and Donald. :tink:

I am desinging a nursery for my wife as a surprise and have been looking high and low as well, not knowing the sex of the baby I picked her favorite character Mickey for the theme, hoping the room will be able to transistion from a "Mousery" to a toddler room. I have been able to find some items that are baby themed but most of the items that are going in are other items that I am crafting to fit in to the room both in theme and purpose, from the paint to the ears.

Not much info there but dont lose hope as you are not the only one out there working towards that goal :)

Thanks for the reply. That's very sweet of you to be surprising your wife with that. We want to keep the sex of the baby a surprise as well, so we'll be doing the same thing as you are most likely. My mother-in-law is good at making curtains, so I can always go to a fabric store and pick out Disney character themed fabric and have her make them! Good luck to you.

Years ago, DS is 9....we had his room in Mickey & Friends. I picked up a border that I liked, choose a color in the border to paint the walls, then added a few pictures to finish the look. I was lucky enough to find a matching crib set months later, that matched the border really well.....if not for this, my MIL is an awesome seamstress and was on back up to make something from a fabric I had picked out. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. I don't think I'll have any problem finding wall paper trim for the wall. My MIL and mom are good at sewing as well, so if all fails they will be able to whip something together. The website that was given to me above has some REALLY cute crib sets. A little on the pricey side, but it's something to work with at least. :smickey:

We did our nursery in Classic Pooh. Target has a whole line of nursery items and the pastel colors work well for a baby's room. There are so many items in the line that I started buying things before we got pregnant or told anyone. They have changed some of the items and accessories in the line, but it all still matches.

I painted the room a beige color and then sponged it with a couple lighter shades of beige so it kind of has a suttle marbled look. I then took the design with Pooh, Piglet and Tigger from the comforter and paited it on the wall above the dresser. I also painted honey bees here and there on the walls. It turned out really cute. I finished painting the bees the week before Kamden was born... I wouldn't suggest climbing on a ladder at 9 months pregnant, but nobody else would have done them right... I will see if I can find any pictures of it on my computer here at work. If not it might be next week until I get around to posting some since we will be out of town this weekend.

We had a white dresser and crib that I painted the color of Pooh (the tan Classic Pooh) and I painted the knobs the color of Piglet's green shirt. I just took the comforter to Home Depot and match the colors.

HTH

I finally found some pictures and got them uploaded to photobucket.

This is the room before I had added Pooh and the bees. Those didn't get finished until the last minute which is probably why I don't have nice pictures of the completed room, but here is what I do have.

DSC01434.jpg

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

I didn't like the curtains so I had my MIL (aren't they handy to have around) shorten them and made a valance and cafe style curtains out of two sets.

Here is the comforter and the completed Pooh painting. I did add bees instead of the butterflies.
DSC01521.jpg
DSC01529.jpg

The green knobs look a little blue in the picture, but match perfectly in real life... Tigger is a shade or two lighter than he was on the comforter, but I did that on purpose. I thought he looked better a little lighter.

A close up. Our walls have a rough texture.
DSC01527.jpg

They did have a wall applique that went along with this line, but they weren't as big as I made my painting and we have rough walls which don't work real well with the silly things...

They have several different crib sheets that coordinate and the Fisher Price Natures Touch line blends perfectly with the Pooh theme. You can never have enough crib sheets. It is bad enough having to change the sheets in the middle of the night, you don't want to have to do laundry then too. I didn't have to do it often, but when I did it was because he was sick and a couple times I changed it twice.
DSC02496.jpg

Here you can see some of the bees that I have painted throughout the room and these two things are the only things I have hanging on the walls. One is baby's first hand/foot prints (Classic Pooh line) and the other is a Pooh drawing we got at DTD. With the bees we didn't need anything else on the walls.
DSC05303.jpg

DSC05290.jpg

I did wait last minute to paint the bees so everything was in the room and I knew exactly where to paint them so they weren't hidden.

And you can't forget all the cute Pooh clothing from Target that also coordinates...
DSC04897.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

Hope that helps.

i love the pooh room very sweet! and would do wonderfully for boy or girl....
if you wanted to go brighter you could use the black/white/red/yellow colors of mickey & minnie .paint the walls bright white,make a mickey head sponge { or just cut out 2 small & 1 larger circle] then stamp mickey/minnie heads as a border ,you can add a bow later to make them minnies or you could alternate mickey/minnie. paint the furniture bright yellow and the crib red! easy to find black or red valance's and fabric stamp mickey heads on it... or even do the dresser red with white knobs to mimic mickey's shorts/buttons or do polka dot furniture for a minnie.use solid colored bedding if you can find it or have it made.sounds like a fun room for a child....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter