Describe your wedding cake!

Wendy

DIS Veteran
I thought it would be fun if everyone could give us some ideas of Disney themes that they incorporated into their wedding cakes. I've seen some gorgeous ones with the white chocolate castle on top and Mickey and Minnie cake toppers. What did/will yours look like? Has anyone had a Disney themed groom's cake? Let's hear about your wedding cake! (and if you have a picture to share, even better!!!) :D

We had individual, miniature wedding cakes (one for each guest) - two tier, with white frosting & covered with small gold Mickey heads. They were fabulous! I don't have a picture of them here at work, or I would have posted that too.

Kristi

My cake was 5 tiers. The bottom three were stacked, then there were pillars that separated the top two from the bottom three. In between the botton and top was the Cinderella and Prince Charming Cake topper and fresh flowers. On the very top of the cake was a blown glass Cinderella's Castle. The cake was all white with tiny lilac bows and garlands. It was very beautiful. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of iton the computer. Maybe DH can scan some...

We did a modified 'I Do' cake. It was 4 separate cakes each on their own pedastal. They looked like baskets overflowing with flowers. The icing was white buttercream in a basket weave design and the flowers covering the tops and spilling down the sides were red buttercream roses. The cake was vanilla layered with raspberry mousse with fresh crushed raspberries mixed in. The topper was a porcelin prince charming and cinderella. It never made it on the cake because they were afraid it would get stained. They didn't want to damage a collectible.
The grooms cake was vanilla as well but it has dark chocolate mousse filling. The decorations over the buttercream were orange and black stripped and a white chocolate cut out was decorated to look as if tigger was jumping out of the cake.

We had a four tier white, buttercream wedding cake. The first 3 stacked tiers had small gold and white pearls attached with engraved swirls on each layer. Also, there were pink rose petals lightly scattered on each level. The 3rd and 4th tiers were separated by clear, glass pedestals, and in between these tiers was a delicate cluster of pink roses. The top tier held our porcelain Mickey/Minnie cake topper, and this was surrounded by more pink roses. It was an absolutely beautiful cake and tasted wonderful!
Tiger:jester:

Our Disney wedding cake was three tiers with smooth fondant icing w/ silver Mickey heads
on it! The cake was delicious. The bottom two layers were chocolate w/ rasberry jam-like filling
and fresh rasberries and the top layer was yellow cake w/ white chocolate mousse filling.
YUM! I highly reccomend doing the tasting before the wedding, it is sooo much fun!!!

My cake was a three tiered white layer cake with raspberry and white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream icing. We had a white chocolate cake topper in the shape of Cinderella's Castle. We still have the top in our freezer (almost 4 years now!).

:p

Our wedding cake will be three layers, with vanilla buttercream icing. The top and bottom layers will have white chocolate mousse filling, and the middle layer will have white chocolate mousse with strawberries. Each layer has a draping of frosting on it, with a cluster of gardenia and roses. The top layers has a small white chocolate Cinderella's Castle.

Our groom's cake is a storybook cake... it is chocolate with german chocolate filling, and looks like a storybook with "Happily Ever After" written on it as the book's title.

Pictures of what our cakes will look like, as well as other details, can be found at:
http://www.ourfairytale.com/images_pages/wedstuffimages.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!