Deni Appreciation Post

I'd like to see Deni take a crack as the backup host for when John or Pete aren't doing it.

I totally agree! No offense to Craig, but I think Deni would host a much more organized show. Maybe in a year or so she'll be in the host chair!

I like Deni. However, as a host I think she would be stiff. this isn’t serious news therefore it should not be run that way. Craig, rhyno and John bring so much levity to the hosting duties.

I think it's pretty obvious, but I've produced and done internet podcast in my time (years ago). There are plenty of attributes that Deni has that are fantastic for "hosting" a podcast. In no particular order:

• She can enunciate words well. She speaks clearly which is a key attribute for someone who communicates for a living.
  • She doesn't uhm and ah a lot if at all. This is something that most broadcasters train/learn right away NOT to do.
  • She speaks with clarity. She has a point and she gets to it. She doesn't speak in circles or speak in run away sentences. She doesn't distract herself with tangents.
I'm afraid Craig fails at all three of these. Craig has great opinions but he's not very good at being a host. He's a great co-host though which is why I really like him on Connecting with Walt. If you're a football fan, he's the color analyst and not the play by play guy.

So she speaks with clarity and decisiveness. This leads me to believe that she could probably run a show. To run a show, you just don't need interesting opinions or have an interesting personality. You also need to direct the topics, bring people in and out of the conversation. Make sure conversations don't get repetitive and reign in people when they get nutty.

I now also feel weird over analyzing this whole topic. Going to step away now before it gets creepy. lol

Its a Disney podcast for god sakes! Craig isn’t reading the nightly news. Even the team has said in the past how boring the early shows were cause they stuck to a rigid format. What makes this show fun is when it goes off course or the fact they aren’t total pros. Who wants to watch/listen to a sterilized product? Not me.

Watch that lunatic at wdwnt if you want serious news. That dude takes himself way to seriously.

haha! Even this site wants to bleep him.

Watch that lunatic at ***** if you want serious news. That dude takes himself way to seriously.

haha! Even this site wants to bleep him.

You missed my point. I'm pointing out attributes of what makes a good host of the nightly news or a fun filled show.

It has nothing to do with being serious or light. Every attribute I spoke of Pete has. It's why he's good at hosting and everyone loves his shoes. It all has to do with keeping the show in track and being susinct with your deliver of content. Pete does this excellently, he knows when to stop derails and when to let them run. John is great too.

Deni should totally be a DVC guide at the DVC Preview Center- she would knock it out of the park in terms of sales!

I want to echo a lot of the appreciation for Deni! One thing I like is that she clearly does her homework and is thoroughly prepared for every podcast! She has become the one that can answer any question about any of the topics they are discussing. Great addition to the team!

Yes, I wanna chime in too and say I love seeing Deni on the show! Such a wonderful addition and it's nice to see Morgan too added to the mix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!