Deluxe Plan and 2 rooms

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
I am looking at going in Jan for a week. We would need two rooms due to family size. I am considering getting the deluxe dining plan for one room, and nothing for the other. We can share the dining credits, right? Also...if the one room has 2 adults and one child, can the child credit go for an adult meal? I am thinking we would have 7 nights x 2(A) and 1(C) for a total of 63 credits. Those credits could be split up between 4 adults and 2 children (one child never eats anything and would probably split with the other child).

As of right now, yes you can do as you desire, even use the child credit for an adult meal. However, that last part could change at any time, so just keep a look on the DIS to see if it does.

As of right now, yes you can do as you desire, even use the child credit for an adult meal. However, that last part could change at any time, so just keep a look on the DIS to see if it does.
Ok, thanks! I will keep a check.

I'm pretty sure you can't use child credits for adult meals at table service. But you can at quick service. If you are only planning to do quick service I would get the QS plan and not the deluxe.

I'm pretty sure you can't use child credits for adult meals at table service. But you can at quick service. If you are only planning to do quick service I would get the QS plan and not the deluxe.

DELUXE plan does allow using child credits for adult meals even at TS right now. There was one report few weeks ago where a family with a child sitting at the table was not allowed to order that child an adult meal at several places, but we've not seen any reports of someone using credits for someone not on the plan having to get a child's meal. The credits are not separated on the Deluxe plan at this time.

We have done this the last three trips! It is a great way to add on a few signature meals without feeling like you are drowning in food! It gives you just enough dining credits!

We did this on our trip in December and it worked great. It gave us the opportunity to have an app at each meal. Just make sure you have enough credits for everything you want. We did QS plan on one room and deluxe on the other. It gave us enough credits to have a couple breakfast TS and Dinner TS and then we used QS for lunch. Just remember once you pass 6 people the tip is automatic and it can be sticker shock at first when you realize that its added on apps and desserts and the drinks now so just plan ahead.

I am looking at going in Jan for a week. We would need two rooms due to family size. I am considering getting the deluxe dining plan for one room, and nothing for the other. We can share the dining credits, right? Also...if the one room has 2 adults and one child, can the child credit go for an adult meal? I am thinking we would have 7 nights x 2(A) and 1(C) for a total of 63 credits. Those credits could be split up between 4 adults and 2 children (one child never eats anything and would probably split with the other child).

Lots of rumors DxDP credits will not be pooled in 2019

Ugghh...thanks. When do you think they will announce any changes? With a trip at the end of Jan we don’t have too much time to figure it out if they don’t announce until late in the year.

Ugghh...thanks. When do you think they will announce any changes? With a trip at the end of Jan we don’t have too much time to figure it out if they don’t announce until late in the year.

They won't announce it at all; they don't have to. The PDF states that "kid's must order from the kid's menu," so that is what is supposed to be happening.

However, we should start seeing lots of reports here on the DIS from people who try to do it and find that the credits are being tracked. That doesn't help you with a trip at the end of January, though.

I will say that the rumors of this happening have been around for quite some time. Many of us thought they would do it with the addition of alcohol, but they didn't. It's a gamble for you, but truly, it's a gamble for anyone because they could fix the system at any time.

They won't announce it at all; they don't have to. The PDF states that "kid's must order from the kid's menu," so that is what is supposed to be happening.

However, we should start seeing lots of reports here on the DIS from people who try to do it and find that the credits are being tracked. That doesn't help you with a trip at the end of January, though.

I will say that the rumors of this happening have been around for quite some time. Many of us thought they would do it with the addition of alcohol, but they didn't. It's a gamble for you, but truly, it's a gamble for anyone because they could fix the system at any time.

ok, thanks...I will keep checking here

By pooled you mean the kids and adult meals are interchangeable for now? This is what is rumored to change? Not the fact that you can split meals among people in two rooms if everyone is an adult, right?

By pooled you mean the kids and adult meals are interchangeable for now? This is what is rumored to change? Not the fact that you can split meals among people in two rooms if everyone is an adult, right?

Correct. Buying someone else a meal doesn't take money from Disney. Using a kid's $40/night DxDDP to get three adult meals is a steal, and someone, somewhere should be feeling that loss by now and doing something to fix it.

However, if they can't fix it by separating credits, I guess there is always the possibility that they will return to the no sharing rule and you can only get as many meals as you have people on the plan. This would make it easier to enforce the "kid's must order from the kid's menu."

But it could also be that the sharing and using kid's credits for adults that we see here on the DIS is a small drop in the bucket of dining plan usage, and Disney doesn't care and all will stay just as it is.

Yes, DxDP credits rumored to be distinguished between kids adults

Yes, DxDP credits rumored to be distinguished between kids adults

Just rumors by people who like to spread rumors...unsupported by 0 actual facts.

Same things was said for this year, the year before, the year before that, etc...

I think the safest/best way is to just leave it as what has already been posted about Disney’s official policy and the fact that Disney has the right to change things at anytime and leave it up to the OP to make her own decision...

Do you mind a newbie asking for more clarification, because my family will be in two rooms in January as well!?

As the rules and/or experience on the ground is now, if we purchase a plan for one room only, can we use four credits at one sit-down meal? I was planning on the Dining Plan and we are all adults per Disney (though the boys will always be my babies!).

We went years ago and didn't end up using all of our credits, so I though this would be a good compromise, just use them until they are used up, then, pay as we go!

Do you mind a newbie asking for more clarification, because my family will be in two rooms in January as well!?

As the rules and/or experience on the ground is now, if we purchase a plan for one room only, can we use four credits at one sit-down meal? I was planning on the Dining Plan and we are all adults per Disney (though the boys will always be my babies!).

We went years ago and didn't end up using all of our credits, so I though this would be a good compromise, just use them until they are used up, then, pay as we go!

Yes, especially since all of you are adults, you'll have no problem. You can use your credits to "pay" for anyone's meal, including those not on the plan. Just make sure it makes financial sense to do so.

I would consider if a deluxe plan would work for you guys. You get three credits per day so sharing them works out great but it gives you an app at every meal. Like Sharonabe said you have to see if it works for you. If that doesn't work for you then I think you plan is still a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter