Deluxe or Disney Springs

hopelea

I love everything DISNEY!!
my DH and I will be driving down Sept 7. Arriving around 4 pm. We have tickets to attend MNSSHP. We will only be there one night. I have been looking at contemporary and WL for convenience reason. I have reservations at Wyndham in DS right now but I don’t know how the transportation to the park will work, if it’s easy or not. The reason I am concerned is my DH works off at 6am Friday morning and I am driving us straight to DW (650 miles) so we can attend the party . The price difference is pretty big $150 or $450. I guess I just need reassurance that DS transportation is easy. sorry so long

TIA

Just get an Uber to Contemporary, less than $15 methinks. Same after the party. The shuttles from the Wyndham hotels at Disney Springs run every 30 minutes so not as often as Disney resorts. Take your pick.

As others have said, you can uber/cab/lyft back and forth from your DS hotel to CR and simply walk to MK and back to CR after the party. If that sounds exhausting, I would book WL to at least make it cheaper than staying at CR. We stayed at WL during both MNSSHP and MVMCP last year and it was really convenient.

As others have said, you can uber/cab/lyft back and forth from your DS hotel to CR and simply walk to MK and back to CR after the party. If that sounds exhausting, I would book WL to at least make it cheaper than staying at CR. We stayed at WL during both MNSSHP and MVMCP last year and it was really convenient.
What’s funny is WL is just 10.00 cheaper than contemporary!!

If you are looking at the Wyndham, then you may also want to consider POR or POFQ - they are Disney moderates that are a little closer than the Wyndham would be and you can take advantage of WDW transportation.

Disney Springs Hotel shuttles drop off at TTC then you would hop on the ferry or monorail to MK. I would use Disney Springs transportation to MK and walk to CR and use Uber or Lyft back at the end of your evening.

Thanks for all the advice. My DH isn’t one that likes to use Uber or any of those types....and that’s ok! So I decided to stay at a moderate. I just couldn’t see paying $455 plus parking for one night

The Disney Springs Hotels transportation does not support hard ticketed events. They stop running 90 minutes after normal closing time (inclusive of Extra Magic Hours). You will be able to get to Magic Kingdom using the bus, but you won't be able to get back.

To get back, you'll have to pay ("ride share" or taxi) or use Disney transportation to get to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. The Congress Park stop (fourth of five stops) is the closest. You'd have to walk through the Marketplace section of Disney Springs. I'd guess it's at least a 15 minute walk. Although not convenient, it is free.

Also, be sure to set your expectations accordingly if you go with the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. In Wyndham's system, there are two separate hotels that share the same public areas (lobby, restaurants, pools, etc). The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista is the tower. It has interior entry rooms that seem to get decent reviews. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista is the wing buildings. They have exterior entry rooms that are small and get less than stellar reviews.

Edited: I missed the post that says you selected a Disney Moderate Resort. I'll leave the rest of the post here, just in case someone searches and finds this in the future.

The Disney Springs Hotels transportation does not support hard ticketed events. They stop running 90 minutes after normal closing time (inclusive of Extra Magic Hours). You will be able to get to Magic Kingdom using the bus, but you won't be able to get back.

To get back, you'll have to pay ("ride share" or taxi) or use Disney transportation to get to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. The Congress Park stop (fourth of five stops) is the closest. You'd have to walk through the Marketplace section of Disney Springs. I'd guess it's at least a 15 minute walk. Although not convenient, it is free.

Also, be sure to set your expectations accordingly if you go with the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. In Wyndham's system, there are two separate hotels that share the same public areas (lobby, restaurants, pools, etc). The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista is the tower. It has interior entry rooms that seem to get decent reviews. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista is the wing buildings. They have exterior entry rooms that are small and get less than stellar reviews.

Edited: I missed the post that says you selected a Disney Moderate Resort. I'll leave the rest of the post here, just in case someone searches and finds this in the future.
Thank you for clarifying the Wyndham hotels because it is really confusing. I do have a follow up question... couldn't someone staying at a DS hotel also take a contemporary resort bus to DS and walk from there to the hotel? Surely they would still run after closing, esp on a hard ticket night for people who have no tickets to that event and want something to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter