Deluxe Dining Plan Question

Mcterry

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about sharing a deluxe dining plan for our upcoming trip in October but I am a little confused about the kid vs adult stuff. So, I wanted to know if this would work:
Our family would get the Deluxe Dining Plan (2 adults 2 children). We would split with my parents. We will be there 3 nights.
We are planning 4 sit down meals:
Dinner at GF Happily Ever After
Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby
Lunch at Yak and Yeti or Rain Forest Cafe
and Breakfast at Chef Mickey's before we head to our cruise.
We will also possibly do QS for another meal each day.

Is it possible to use Deluxe dining for all of us. How many meals would we have to pay out of pocket? Any recommendations as to what to pay out of pocket for?

Is it possible to use Deluxe dining for all of us. How many meals would we have to pay out of pocket? Any recommendations as to what to pay out of pocket for?

Looks like you need a total of 30 credits for all of you to eat at the restaurants you've selected. GF does mean Grand Floridian Café, right?

With 4 people on DxDDP for 3 nights, you'll have 36 credits to spend. Use the 6 extra credits to get the adults QS meals and pay OOP for the kid's QS meals and 2 more adult ones, if needed. Don't forget you'll also have 24 snacks to use, so you can probably use those to supplement your QS meals and may not have to buy anything OOP.

Looks like you need a total of 30 credits for all of you to eat at the restaurants you've selected. GF does mean Grand Floridian Café, right?

With 4 people on DxDDP for 3 nights, you'll have 36 credits to spend. Use the 6 extra credits to get the adults QS meals and pay OOP for the kid's QS meals and 2 more adult ones, if needed. Don't forget you'll also have 24 snacks to use, so you can probably use those to supplement your QS meals and may not have to buy anything OOP.
It's the buffet at Grand Floridian where you can see Cinderella and the stepsisters. I'm not sure what restaurant it is.
Does it matter that the DxDDP would be 2 adults and 2 kids? Like would 18 of the meals have to be kids meals ((3x3) x 2)? Also, is Hollywood Brown Derby Lunch 2 credits? We could possibly change it.

It's the buffet at Grand Floridian where you can see Cinderella and the stepsisters. I'm not sure what restaurant it is.
Does it matter that the DxDDP would be 2 adults and 2 kids? Like would 18 of the meals have to be kids meals ((3x3) x 2)? Also, is Hollywood Brown Derby Lunch 2 credits? We could possibly change it.

Okay, that's 1900 Park Fare and is 1 credit. HBD is 2 credits, but you have the credits to do this if you want to keep it.

As to the adult/kid thing. Right now you should be okay. Disney is not tracking whether you "buy" kid's meal with kid's credits on the DxDDP. There is always a chance that they will decide to start doing that, but there's not even a slight rumble that it's on the horizon.

Okay, that's 1900 Park Fare and is 1 credit. HBD is 2 credits, but you have the credits to do this if you want to keep it.

As to the adult/kid thing. Right now you should be okay. Disney is not tracking whether you "buy" kid's meal with kid's credits on the DxDDP. There is always a chance that they will decide to start doing that, but there's not even a slight rumble that it's on the horizon.

Thanks for the response. I am deciding this week whether to bite the bullet and get the deluxe plan. I am a little concerned because I thought I read they have started to split the sit down dining credits (not QS) by child and adult. So we would have 36 total credits (18 adult and 18 kid).
We have 6 people going 4 adults and 2 kids...
1900 Park Faire we would use 6 credits - 4 adult and 2 kids
Yak and Yeti we would use 6 credits - 4 adult and 2 kids
HBD we would try to use the dining plan for 3 meals so 6 credits - all adult (we would pay for the kids and one adult out of pocket)
We are talking about adding Hollywood and Vine for dinner 6 credits - 4 adults and 2 kids
Chef Mickey's 6 credits - 4 adults and 2 kids

So, we would have 22 adult credits used and 8 kid credits at that point. We are also planning to do one QS meal that can use the 6 remaining credits. Does it matter that the adult and kid credits don't match up to the DDP we originally got with our room? It is fairly expensive for us to do this, but we are saving a bit of money with it. However, if we have to pay for a bunch of meals out of pocket because we use too many adult credits it's not worth it. Any updates on how it's working before I make a final decision?

I am a little concerned because I thought I read they have started to split the sit down dining credits (not QS) by child and adult. So we would have 36 total credits (18 adult and 18 kid).

Not sure where you read it, but they haven't started doing this for DxDDP at this time. They could start it at any time, but there haven't been any rumblings that I know of. The only thing we've seen is where one family was told their kids had to order from the kid's menu. That was for the kids who were sitting there at the table. Using the kids' credits to pay for another adult in the party hasn't been questioned.

As of now, there are no reports of any change to deluxe dining credits being pooled, so unless that changes you will be fine.

4 people on DxDP for 3 nights gets you 36 credits.
The 4 meals you have planned for 6 people will cost you 30 of those credits.

You have 6 more leftover that you could use for 1 more 1 credit meal for all of you.

The other option to consider, if you actually want more than 1 TS meal a day is to use the 36 credits on the 4 adults and pay OOP for the kids (if they are ordering off of the kids menu).

Thank you both for your replies. When we go to Hollywood Brown Derby, am I able to tell them we only want to use our dining credits for 3 of the meals and we will pay out of pocket for the other 3 meals? Thanks!

Thank you both for your replies. When we go to Hollywood Brown Derby, am I able to tell them we only want to use our dining credits for 3 of the meals and we will pay out of pocket for the other 3 meals? Thanks!

Yep, you can definitely do that. Just let them know up front which meals you want on the plan and which you want OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!