Deluxe DDP-Substitutions?

ryanpatricksmom

No more Pixie Poop!
Has anyone tried to substitute an additional adult beverage for dessert? We have two dinners planned that precede fireworks dessert parties. There are a few hours in between so it's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to have an additional glass of wine or cocktail or a side rather than eat dessert twice (or more likely "waste" the dessert, because we likely wouldn't really eat both). I'm hoping that they will take pity on us since we're paying for the dessert parties even though we already have deluxe.

Has anyone tried to substitute an additional adult beverage for dessert? We have two dinners planned that precede fireworks dessert parties. There are a few hours in between so it's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to have an additional glass of wine or cocktail or a side rather than eat dessert twice (or more likely "waste" the dessert, because we likely wouldn't really eat both). I'm hoping that they will take pity on us since we're paying for the dessert parties even though we already have deluxe.

I wouldn't expect pity since you decided to pay for both the dining plan and a dessert party.

They won't sub an additional adult beverage, but you can ask if they will sub a side salad, cup of soup or additional veggie instead of eating dessert. Most TS places will offer something like that in place of the dessert.

I imagine this will be a hard no. The servers might be able to offer soup or a small salad, or perhaps a cheese plate if possible, but I would not count on a hard beverage.

Not at the third party restaurants because they are reimbursed by Disney according to the rules of the dining plan. They would not be reimbursed for a second alcoholic beverage.

Many of the TS restaurants, both Disney owned and third party owned may offer a substitute for the dessert, but it will be something of their choosing. As PP have said, typically it has been a cup of soup, a small side salad or a veggie side.

In relation to substitutions, in TS restaurants is possible to substitute the dessert for some fruit?

Any experience on it?

Thank you

In relation to substitutions, in TS restaurants is possible to substitute the dessert for some fruit?

Any experience on it?

Thank you

Yes, there have been a few reports of being able to get fruit instead of dessert. You'll have to ask and it will depend on whether they have fruit in the kitchen.

Anything at all would be great, so I'll just ask what can be substituted. The two meals that we would be trying to substitute are at The Wave and Narcoosees. I wish that we didn't have to book the dessert parties but DH is in the advancing stages of Parkinson's and it makes a huge difference for his enjoying the parks to opt for any experience that cuts out standing/wait times....that means all meals are table service meals, EMM bookings when the last thing that we need is another meal LOL, after hours when available, and dessert parties. Thanks for the info!

At Narcoosees, order the almond crusted cheesecake, but ask them to box it up and eat it for breakfast the next day. It is so yummy.

Anything at all would be great, so I'll just ask what can be substituted. The two meals that we would be trying to substitute are at The Wave and Narcoosees. I wish that we didn't have to book the dessert parties but DH is in the advancing stages of Parkinson's and it makes a huge difference for his enjoying the parks to opt for any experience that cuts out standing/wait times....that means all meals are table service meals, EMM bookings when the last thing that we need is another meal LOL, after hours when available, and dessert parties. Thanks for the info!

I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time. I think it's so great that you're able to book all these special things that will make navigating the park easier for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter