Delta changed my flight

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
I checked the Delta website to check on my flights (May 8-13). The return flight was NOT listed! I called Delta to check my reservation. They told me that the flight had changed (now leaves 45 min. earlier) and that it had been confirmed by me. NOT! I never received a phone call letting me know. Good thing I called! Anyone else have this happen?

Yep! Our flight back from Orlando (to RDU) on May 11 (flt #5035)was changed from 3:45 to 4:35. The only way I found out about was someone on these boards mentioned it as a possibility. My DH called to check and sure enough they had switched us. No one ever contacted us. We booked through Orbitz back in December. You would think that Orbitz would have called or emailed us.

I booked American Airlines through Orbitz a few months ago. A few weeks later, one of the flights was changed to a half hour earlier so I got a nice little email explaining that. I thought "How nice, they told me when the flight changed". So naturally, I thought I would hear if any other changes occurred. For the heck of it, I called AA today and found out that my flight leaving Orlando was leaving 2 1/2 hours earlier and it was now stopping in Miami (I purposely booked a non-stop flight because I hate flying. I immediately cancelled with AA and booked on Delta (two non-stop flights with my original departure times). Why didn't they notify me? I asked the AA rep and she said that it was up to me to call and verify the flights. I think that is wrong. The least they can do is notify the 50 or so people on the flight.

This happened to us last September (pre Sept 11th attack) too. Someone here actually mentioned that Delta had changed a bunch of flights and my flight disappeared on line here..so we called them. At first they said my flight was fine, but when I called the next day and spoke with a supervisor she said yes my flight would no longer be flying and arranged for us on other non stop flights....They have a habit of forgetting to tell people it seems...:(

Keep a close eye on it...

When we were down in November, Delta changed our reservation for the return - from a Sunday evening direct flight to a Monday morning through ATL. When did we find this out - at check-in for the return!

Keep a close eye on it...

When we were down in November, Delta changed our reservation for the return - from a Sunday evening direct flight to a Monday morning through ATL. When did we find this out - at check-in for the return!

I keep checking my flights to make sure we can't get vouchers for lower fares (November trip), and couldn't find my return flights. Sure enough, they were already changed (booked through Expedia) and I wasn't notified of the change. I figure it will probably change a couple more times before we go. Luckily, our flight from MCO is only changed to half an hour later, but with the resulting connecting flights we won't land at BWI until 9:12 PM instead of 7:53 PM. Oh well, just glad they didn't change us to a morning return flight!

Always call atleast a week early

I usually start calling once a week a month prior to our scheduled flight. I have had them change one flight to Orlando 3 times within the month. Not once did they call me to let me know. Each time I found out because I called them.

Last December they change my flight so that it was scheduled to leave 2 1/2 hours earlier than when I booked it. This was less than a week before we were scheduled to depart. My DW had to work that morning and could not get off in time to make the flight. The only other choice was to fly out at 6:00 PM. After talking to a manager and explaining the situation and that they had change the flight time without proper notice, they agreed to let me reschedule for the first flight the next day without charging me the normal $100 penalty fee.

It happend to us twice after Sept. 11 for our Nov./dec flight. They changed it two times without telling us I had to call them. We wound up cancelling all together and actually got a fll refund and drove down.

The airlines rarely notify you of changes because it is up to the customer to check on his/her own flights. Every ticket I have ever received states that you should call and check on your flights before you leave. I believe it is either 24 or 48 hours before your flights.

We own our own buisness so we could get by...but what about people who do not and have to be back or your hotel reservation begins one day and you are not there til the next.....all the added expense to the cust.does not make this acceptable.

Thanks for the heads up about them doing this and I will now keep atop of my reservations.

Mal

For Delta’s (and maybe other airlines) website, it is best to check the “flight schedule” screen and not the “reservations” area. Delta Flight Schedules

If you check for your flight by going through a mock reservation process, your flight may not show up because it no longer exists or simply because it is booked up. If you check the flight schedules for the day and time period that you already have booked, your flight number should show up with the most recent time schedule; if it doesn’t show up, then your reservation was likely changed to a different flight number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter