deleted

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
I'm sorry--I didn't want this posted in this forum...my question was about where Oprah stays at WDW.

Ladyhawke10 said:
I should mention that my son and I saw Oprah in Fantasyland at DL. I waved when she walked by and she acknowledged me...it was all very exciting :wizard: Anyone know if she goes to WDW (closer to Chicago, right?) and which resort she stays at? Other than GWB, who was at the GF when I was there, this is the first time I've seen a celebrity at Disney :banana:

She wasn't visiting Disneyland to visit. She gave some underprivleged kids from a school in Texas a 3 night vacation at Disneyland. She was in the park for all of about 20-25 minutes I think I read.

SnackyStacky said:
She wasn't visiting Disneyland to visit. She gave some underprivleged kids from a school in Texas a 3 night vacation at Disneyland. She was in the park for all of about 20-25 minutes I think I read.

That is true...I remember seeing the show when she promised to take the children to DL....I guess you don't have to stay the entire time if your paying for it ;)

We were in DL while she was there, too! We did not see her but they closed Fantasyland for an hour for taping...I think it was quite a nice thing for her to do for the children.

I wonder what her secret is..... how can you possibly only stay in a Disney park for 20-25 minutes !!!! :teeth:

She was definitely there for longer than that because she messed up our day. ;). We were at Goofys Kitchen from about 8:00-9:00 and during that time her and her kids left the room next door to go to the park.
When we arrived at the park they were there. We couldnt get on Buzz during our FP time because they were taping there then. As noted above they also closed Fantasyland for about an hour (11:00-12:00 I believe) for taping. When we saw her, she was attending the parade that is usually at 3:00, but it was changed to 1:00 today for her.

Here she is. Thats her head between the 2 cameramen, with the gold Mickey ears on, sort of turned sideways. She started off with a visor on, but changed to the ears.
f2a3633e.jpg

We were standing right by the ropes near the teacups, and she rode the teacups, stopped in the mad hatter's shop, and then walked around holding the hands of mickey and minnie. When she acknowledged us she was all off a few inches away, walking by where we were standing. It was very cool. I thought she looked very pretty with her hair braided like that.

SnackyStacky said:

Yes, I know this...the loud speaker announcement down main street and all the cameras gave me the picture :earsboy:

She went through toon town, fantasyland and tomorrowland. We couldn't ride the train later in the day because she was on it. :dog2: :dog:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter