delete

Hershey is a fun day trip. They have some great coasters, and I like the cheesy Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge and the Chocolate World tour cause dark rides at non-Disney parks are hard to find. We've been known to go and just spend a day at Chocolate World, doing the tour, the 3-D show, and the other little attractions in that building. But then, we live an hour away. The amusement park itself is clean, well-maintained, and more level and shady than the much closer Dorney Park. I've let my daughter go there on band trips without signing up as a chaperone (my usual MO for when she is travelling - I'm a bit paranoid :rotfl:) so it's also a pretty safe place.

The hotels do seem a bit overpriced, but Hotel Hershey is definitely a highly rated luxury hotel, so in that context, I would expect high rates. Fortunately, I don't need a hotel to visit.

My children are 21 & 16, and we have been going to Hersheypark since they were still in diapers, but haven't been in about 4 yrs.. We would always ride the chocolate factory ride first and get the photo of them next to the candy bars signs for ride height!We do have great memories!

My opinion of Hersheypark, prices have really soared! We used to always stay at the Lodge, but it is just not worth it anymore. Food& merchandise prices are high as well. I really think we have just outgrown it.We aren't into waterparks that much, so we haven't been to the boardwalk area, but it is a nice park and has something for everyone. It has always been clean and and a nice atmosphere when we visited. We also always used to go during the Halloween and Christmas events, and they we nice, but geared toward the younger children.

It's not WDW, but then no other park is. :goodvibes

Since this thread isn't really about the WDW theme parks, I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

I did notice a hidden mickey while I was there ;)

ry3D400.jpg

ry3D40500.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter