Del Sol Inn?

tinksdreamwishes

DIS Veteran
Hi. I rarely see this motel mentioned here on the boards. It's pretty close to the entrance. The room seems tight for space but has 2 queens and a bunk bed. Has anyone been recently? Feed back appreciated! Thanks

I stayed there in 2015. Our room didn't have bunk beds, we had 1 king, so I can't really address the room size, but our room was average size. You're right that the location was great, and it was very clean, which is the most important thing for me. We had no issues at all and would stay here again. I just usually pick whichever walking distance motel on Harbor that has the best price.

I have stayed at del sol twice and will be staying again In October. The rooms are Average size. We had 4 adults in a room with 2 queens and a bunk. The sink is outside the washroom which is nice. We had a coffee maker small fridge and microwave. Rooms were clean and the walking distance to the gate was short.

It depends which room you get really. Our room was HUGE, which was totally unnecessary since there are only two of us and we had booked a regular room. It was sort of a suite, with one queen bed and bunk beds in one room, and a queen or king (can't remember) in the other room. Other than being surprised at our excessive number of beds, I don't remember anything notably good or bad. The location was great. On our checkout day they wouldn't allow us to keep the car in the lot even though we offered to pay for an extra day. I totally get why, the parkinglot is very small, but I hadn't planned for moving the car so we got a late start in the parks that day. So that's just something to be aware of and I've heard some other harbor hotels have this rule too.

Thanks for the replies! I would love that huge room! Good to know about the parking.... that is going to be a pain!

We stayed in the 2 queen and bunk bed room in March. We are a family of 6 and found the room great. I like the sink/vanity area is out of the shower/toilet area so we could get ready and head out the door all together with some time management. The room was clean and beds comfortable. This is our go to hotel as the walk is so close. Cannot tell you about parking as we come from Canada and do not rent a car.

Have a magical time!

We have stayed there multiple times (see my signature). It is in our regular rotation of hotels. The room sizes vary, sometimes we get a huge room, other times one with barely enough space to get my husband's ECV by. Parking is tight, but the walk is fantastic!

I stayed at Del Sol last year and did not like it. It was just me and I had a king room that also had a sofa. While the room was clean, it was dark and depressing and there were gross stains on the sofa. The hotel is set way back from the street too and I didn't think the lighting was very good so coming back late at night by myself made me a bit nervous.

My daughter, granddaughter and I stayed here for the first time in June for one week. We thought it was great. The room was clean and comfortable although the bed was a little on the hard side for me , but I do prefer softer bed. It had a nice closet space and Wifi worked fine. If you care about noise ask for a room "up front" away from the pool. My one concern when booking was that there would be a lot of noise because of the layout/size of the place, but not at all. We had a ground floor room not real far from the lobby and noise was practically non-existent except for hearing our upstairs neighbors a few times.
The one weird thing was that there was no restroom to use in the lobby area. Not a big deal, but we checked out and stored our bags with them until leaving the parks later for our trip home, and all three of has had to go. They acted like "too bad" and directed us to the hotel next door! yeah, weird.
But the price was right, it was clean and quiet, location excellent (I liked that it was back from the street) so we will stay there again.

I don't consider myself too high-maintenance, but with all the other options nearby, I won't stay here again. I'm fairly certain there was rat poop in our bed, the parking situation was frustrating, and the breakfast was disappointing. Staying at Park Vue is a bit more costly, but if location is your highest concern, consider this alternative. I felt everything was of a bit better quality there over Del Sol. Candy Cane is probably still my favorite, but it's down the street.

It depends which room you get really. Our room was HUGE, which was totally unnecessary since there are only two of us and we had booked a regular room. It was sort of a suite, with one queen bed and bunk beds in one room, and a queen or king (can't remember) in the other room. Other than being surprised at our excessive number of beds, I don't remember anything notably good or bad. The location was great. On our checkout day they wouldn't allow us to keep the car in the lot even though we offered to pay for an extra day. I totally get why, the parkinglot is very small, but I hadn't planned for moving the car so we got a late start in the parks that day. So that's just something to be aware of and I've heard some other harbor hotels have this rule too.
Was there a door on one of the rooms? Our kids need silence to sleep so I'm always looking for good,true Suites.

Was there a door on one of the rooms? Our kids need silence to sleep so I'm always looking for good,true Suites.
Hmm, there was definitely a doorway between the rooms, but I'm having a hard time remembering if it had an actual door you could close. I think it did, but I'm not positive, since we had no reason to close it. The bunk beds were in the back of the unit, and the room with the bunk beds had extra space between the window and the outdoor walkway, so I think it would be a pretty good setup for kids that are light sleepers. Also the unit itself was in the back of the property, so there was very little foot traffic near the room.

I stayed there in October and it was fine. Undergoing a few renos, so they fixed a couple things in the room while I was out, but nothing of any great importance. I do agree noise was a concern, so ask for a non-adjoining room if that's something that will bother you.

I would say not to count on it. We have stayed there multiple times and never, ever had two rooms in our bunkbed room. It has always been one large area (sometimes larger than others) with two queens on one wall and twin bunk beds on the other wall with the walkway to the bathroom between.

Desert Inn (next door, I believe owned by the same people as they often share valets, parking and such) does have true suites. The Deluxe and Executive rooms there are single rooms, but all of the Suites have a door with a separate room.

Good to know people have had good experiences here. Del Sol is coming in a tad cheaper than Desert Inn (our usual) for a potential upcoming
trip, so I snagged it while I could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!