Deja vu—do you experience it?

Yes... very often... Some folks that have experience it - think of it as a gift or a blessing, overall most people think its a bunch of hog wash, and some think its ridiculous, for others call it premonitions, precognition, or visions, trying to put a scientific name to it. For me its just part of me and while I can't explain it, I am good with it.

When I was a teenager my best friend and I had been to the hospital to visit another friend that had surgery, we visited her, the walking to the car I felt weird like something was going to happen bad, like sick to my stomach. So as we were leaving the parking lot, as she got ready to pull out on to the road, and I just screamed really really loud "STOP STOP", and my friend slammed on the brakes, at the same time a car without any lights came flying right in front of us. If we would have pulled out we more that likely we both would not be here today. She looked at me and said how did you know, I said I just knew, like I had been here before or watching it... The thing is neither one of us had been to this hospital as it was in another town. She said I will never doubt you again.

Last edited:
Yes, many times. It is so weird feeling like you have done/experienced whatever it was before. I wonder if we had a dream of that event.

There have been many times too when I know I have had the same exact dream more than once.wake up and had a dream.

It had only happened a few times in my life before I met dh. Now it happens with him often. If I believed in reincarnation I’d swear I’d known him before.

Yes, a few times, though not recently.

A few were strong enough that I still remember them years later.

I still remember the very first time I experienced it, as a kid going over to my friend's house and going up the porch steps and I got the weirdest feeling wash over me that this had already happened and I went up the steps and she answered the door I kind of knew it had all already happened and I was inside of something weird. I'll never forget how powerful it was I went home and asked my mom about it. Of course, she laughed at me and said "well of course you felt like that, you go over there every day". LOL. But this was different, this felt like re-living a very specific moment and thinking it is all repeating again. Well I can't explain it but you guys know the feeling! It's happened on and off over the years but I'll never that one because it freaked me out.

Yes... very often... Some folks that have experience it - think of it as a gift or a blessing, overall most people think its a bunch of hog wash, and some think its ridiculous, for others call it premonitions, precognition, or visions, trying to put a scientific name to it. For me its just part of me and while I can't explain it, I am good with it.

When I was a teenager my best friend and I had been to the hospital to visit another friend that had surgery, we visited her, the walking to the car I felt weird like something was going to happen bad, like sick to my stomach. So as we were leaving the parking lot, as she got ready to pull out on to the road, and I just screamed really really loud "STOP STOP", and my friend slammed on the brakes, at the same time a car without any light came flying right in front of us. If we would have pulled out we more that likely we both would not be here today. She looked at me and said how did you know, I said I just knew, like was I had been here before or watching it... The thing is neither one of us had been to this hospital as it was in another town. She said I will never doubt you again.
That sounds more like a premonition not de javu. De javu is when for a split second or two you think you've already done something.

There is a scientific explanation for deja vu. It happens when the pathways that send experiences to your short-term memory screw up and send them to your long term memory. So - as you experience situations. your brain tells you that it already happened.

Knowing what is going to happen next isn't deja vu - it's something else.

Ending up somewhere and not remembering getting there isn't deja vu either.
I've heard that it means you are on the right path for your life and I haven't gotten them since being a kid but my husband does all the time so I'd get bummed out. So your explanation seems not only much better but makes more sense!

Every now and then I experience it. It’s like when I enter a restaurant (or any establishment, for that matter), and in my mind I think “hey, I’ve been here before” even though I KNOW I couldn’t possibly have been there before.

Yes, every now and then...it is kind of strange. I also have this thing where certain places make me feel like I am somewhere else that is nowhere near. I don't even know you would call that, but it is kind of deja vu-ISH. (making up a word there)

That sounds more like a premonition not de javu. De javu is when for a split second or two you think you've already done something.

I really don't know what to call it when stuff like this happens. I guess maybe I might experience both. While I am good with it, I would like to know more about it. As some times its un-nerving when it happens, I will say that when it does happen I pay attention to my surroundings, and what's happening, and going on.

Every so often I experience it. Oddly my most memorable experience with deja vu was my first visit to WDW in 1972. We walked up Main Street to the hub, my parents asked me what I wanted to do first and I told them and just started walking to where we needed to go before dad even had a chance to glance at the map in his hand. I had a sense I had been there before and just knew where everything was. That's how we toured the entire day. Every time I have visited since the sensation strikes me the same way. Oddly enough I get no such sensation when we visit Disneyland.

I won't say frequently, but every few months. It's something that I've experienced since childhood. I actually experienced a bout of it last week. Sometimes it's freaky the feeling that comes over you when you begin having the revelation that you've experienced it before. The worst is when it's a nightmare that actually comes true. Thankfully those are far and few between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!