Deed expiration - last year for points?

Grumpy by Birth

Happy by choice
If a deed expires in 2057, does that mean that you get your final points in that year, or will 2056 be the last year you receive points?

I realize we may not know this for certain yet, but assuming you get points in the final year (2057 in this example), will the resort be available to book in 2057 or will those 2057 points have to be borrowed and used in 2056?

Along the same lines, will we have to pay MF/dues in 2057 or would 2056 be the last year those are charged?

Thanks!

I really don't think DVC has thought that far ahead. But, they will do what ever makes them more money.

No one gets 2057 points, as there is no January UY, and expiry is January 31, 2057.

They cannot be banked to 2057. As there are no 2057 points, you cannot borrow them either.

These aren't really matters for management to decide, as the contract really calls the shots here.

Ok. That makes sense. 2057 points (if they existed) wouldn't be available until FEB of 2057 or later (depending on your UY), which is after the deed expiration. Thanks!

No one gets 2057 points, as there is no January UY, and expiry is January 31, 2057.

They cannot be banked to 2057. As there are no 2057 points, you cannot borrow them either.

These aren't really matters for management to decide, as the contract really calls the shots here.
Does that mean owners will get their 2056 points, usable into 2057?

Does that mean owners will get their 2056 points, usable into 2057?
The resort will not be available on points after January 31, so I am assuming there is going to be some kind of borrow policy going on.

The land lease expiring means the resort will not have a points-based condo association, and thus cannot be booked with points.

Will a Dec user year only have a 2 month window to use their points if the didn't already borrow them the previous year?

Won't that create unbalanced demand right before expiration?

Will a Dec user year only have a 2 month window to use their points if the didn't already borrow them the previous year?

Won't that create unbalanced demand right before expiration?

This is what I wonder too as a December use year owner. At least my first does not expire until 2054 so I can see what happens with the 2042 resorts first.

Disney will probably put rules in place around booking windows in the last 3 years. Contract does permit this.

But you have to just imagine that at 11:01AM on January 31, 2042 or whatever expiry year you're looking at, the whole resort turns into Alderaan the day it got hit by the Death Star. It gone. Bye. While the physical being won't be like this, as far as your points are concerned, it is.

Disney will probably put rules in place around booking windows in the last 3 years. Contract does permit this.

But you have to just imagine that at 11:01AM on January 31, 2042 or whatever expiry year you're looking at, the whole resort turns into Alderaan the day it got hit by the Death Star. It gone. Bye. While the physical being won't be like this, as far as your points are concerned, it is.
Well put. It makes sense now.

So I'm thinking in 2055, we may borrow all of our "final" 2056 points and go on a big blowout multi-week trip! Assuming that I don't need to borrow those 2056 points anyway because I already used all the 2055 points from continuous borrowing through the years! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!