Decorations at WDW

hgr681

Earning My Ears
when do they switch from fall/ Halloween? We’re coming November 2 - wondering what to expect?

when do they switch from fall/ Halloween? We’re coming November 2 - wondering what to expect?
At MK, either on your arrival date, or within the next two days.
The rest of WDW will be on a steady path to decorating that will be completed a bit before Thanksgiving.

It looks like MK is closing early on 11/4 so I suspect they will do a lot of it that night, but may be some signs before that. I had been hoping it would be staying open late on 11/4 like it did last year but isn’t so maybe they will do some then too

It looks like MK is closing early on 11/4 so I suspect they will do a lot of it that night, but may be some signs before that. I had been hoping it would be staying open late on 11/4 like it did last year but isn’t so maybe they will do some then too
It closes early to day Guests on 11/5, but MK will be open late that night for a private event.

For MK I have heard that they do about a 80 / 90% change over in one night. AMAZING if you think about it.

For MK I have heard that they do about a 80 / 90% change over in one night. AMAZING if you think about it.

It IS amazing! On our trip in 2013, we experienced it. We went to Halloween themed MK one day and came back to Christmas themed MK the next. I love looking at those pics so see the change but the full effect is when you're there and your brain cycles through how quickly it totally changed.

From what i can understand, the change over pretty much happens over night, the night of the last Halloween party (which is actually on 10/31 this year). There is a show on Freeform called Decorating Disney-they did one a few years back about Christmas decorating and another one last week about Halloween decorating. It shows just how quickly they get a majority of the decorations up and it is honestly super interesting. But they mentioned that for MK at least, they wait until the last of the guests have left the park the night of the last Halloween party, and then a crew comes in and puts up most of the decorations before park opening. As for the other parks and the resorts, i have heard they are decorated by mid November.

Last edited:
From what I have read you should be in the midst of Christmas decorations at MK and DHS at least. I planned my trip around those too (Nov. 10-16), but from what I've read a lot of the resort decorations may not go up until later in the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!