Declining MagicBands

DVCTigger

DIS Veteran
We have a trip coming up in two weeks that we just added our DS and his girlfriend to. We have three different resorts that we will be staying in, and they both need a band as they haven't been since magicbands were introduced. So they customized bands for the first resort, but want to decline for the next two. There is no link under "customize magicbands" to decline. Can you no longer decline these? Do you now have to call member services just to say no to the bands? TIA

I noticed the link was recently removed as well. 1 member of our party needed bands. 2 of us did not. I customized the one and then went to decline. Oddly enough, there was a decline link for one member, but not me. so i just picked a new color to add to my collection!

Just seems like a waste. If you don't customize them do they pick a color and send them to you? Or are they at the resort waiting for you?

This past week I actually had to go to "customize" my magic bands, and where I would normally choose a color there is now an option to decline the bands. You have to decline each person separately which is sort of a pain.

This past week I actually had to go to "customize" my magic bands, and where I would normally choose a color there is now an option to decline the bands. You have to decline each person separately which is sort of a pain.

Thats the problem, there is no link to decline the bands. No option to do so. There was when I went in to do so a while ago. But just today when we added the two to our reservation, that option isn't no longer there.

Thats the problem, there is no link to decline the bands. No option to do so. There was when I went in to do so a while ago. But just today when we added the two to our reservation, that option isn't no longer there.
I would check it in a couple days. There may just be a glitch. I was on that page a few days ago and it was there. Also, the system may not recognize that they now "have" bands since they haven't been activated yet. Once they are activated at that first resort, then the system will recognize them. So, just go ahead and customize all the resort res. Also - I believe they just send out grey or they have grey waiting for you at check-in. I can't remember which, but regardless, they will be grey.

You cannot decline Magic Bands if anyone in your party on the same reservation needs one. The link to decline only shows up if everyone on the reservation has an existing band.

You cannot decline Magic Bands if anyone in your party on the same reservation needs one. The link to decline only shows up if everyone on the reservation has an existing band.
If it works correctly.

Both my partner & I have 20+ MagicBands. The option to decline appears for me, but not for him.

My last trip my options were so mixed up! We had another family of 4 travelling with us who need magic bands. Okay. But for my family, also on the reservation, I could decline for two, couldn't decline for two, and one wouldn't let me decline but wouldn't let me personalize with a name! Talk about glitchy!

Yep, it was a glitch. I kept checking. The link finally showed up.

I’m having this exact problem. There are 5 of us going, and I can decline for 3 of us but not for the other 2. So annoying. They’ll be getting 2 magic bands for the same trip because we are doing a split stay this trip. It’s looked like this for over 2 weeks now. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!