Decline MB shipping- wait for customized MB- should this work?

disneymore2

Mouseketeer
I am excited about paying for an upgraded MB for our June Trip (tired of solid colors). Per information on this site- it seems that mid May is when that will be an option. My due date for customization to ship the MB is coming up in the next couple of days. My plan is to decline and then once we can select the upgraded MB- select those and just pick up at resort. I know this is new, so no one knows for sure... But does that seem like an approach that may work?

Removed - misunderstood! Sorry!

Last edited:
I can’t find the link right now but I think they said you could order them and if the shipping date was too close, they would ship them to your resort. I’ll look for it again to verify. I wouldn’t decline them

I am excited about paying for an upgraded MB for our June Trip (tired of solid colors). Per information on this site- it seems that mid May is when that will be an option. My due date for customization to ship the MB is coming up in the next couple of days. My plan is to decline and then once we can select the upgraded MB- select those and just pick up at resort. I know this is new, so no one knows for sure... But does that seem like an approach that may work?
I am not sure, but I think once you decline the magicbands, the option disappears from MDE. Hopefully someone that has experience can chime in.

I am not sure, but I think once you decline the magicbands, the option disappears from MDE. Hopefully someone that has experience can chime in.
No, the option to change to accept MB remains until the ship cut off comes and goes. You can always change your mind.
However, when the date comes to ship, then it disappears
So I'd assume that anyone who has a trip that is within their ship date will not be able to utilize the new MB option since there won't be any way to go in and choose the new MB, even though they do say you can have it waiting at your resort. Unless they also make some change were they no longer lock the customization option at ship

There's nothing I have to do with my magicbands once they arrive right? They are technically already "linked" to my FPs and tickets on MDE yes? I know that I have to go to guest services or is it guest relations in the park before first entry to verify FL residency. I remember them scanning the band or something like that and then we were good to go.

There's nothing I have to do with my magicbands once they arrive right? They are technically already "linked" to my FPs and tickets on MDE yes? I know that I have to go to guest services or is it guest relations in the park before first entry to verify FL residency. I remember them scanning the band or something like that and then we were good to go.
As long as they are registered to you and showing on your MDE account, no, there's not.

I wonder if this has something to do with the "glitch" where on the MDE home page it says make changes by 6 days before check in for pick up at resort, but if you click on review your order, it gives a date 31 days before check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter