What dates are better

• Apr 8-15th

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Feb 7-14th

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Mary74

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, I am new here and trying to decide when to book my trip for next year. I am going to be driving from Los Angeles to Orlando along the 10 fwy in my Roadtrek RV with my 4 kids who will be 4,3 and 1 year old twins. Before you decide I am crazy, I will have help along the way from my husband and various family members who fly in and meet up with us for parts of the trip. We have done long trips like this before and they were a blast.

The two possible stays at Fort Wilderness would be either Apr 8-15th or Feb 7-14th. The following are the things I have been pondering but would love to know all of your opinions:

1) I plan on taking 2 weeks to get to and home from Orlando. Are there any places along the 10 fwy that are likely to freeze in Feb? I have to use the RV toilet with the kiddos so winterizing is not an option.

2) Crowds are hard with the kiddos so the emptier the better. Is there a big difference between the two sets of dates?

3) I would love to swim at some of the awesome state parks in Florida, will it be to cold to swim in Feb?

4) I am not good with heat, So Cal has spoiled me.

Thanks in Advance for any and all help!

Crowds are way better in Feb over April. That is spring break time.

As far as swimming if it's not heated it will be chilly water. There are some SP with springs the water will be around 72 degrees there. Blue Springs SP is one.

I would go with Feb also and agree with Denise's swimming comments. But Disney pools are heated. State parks in FL would be colder most likely. Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!