Decided to cancel... (Questions)

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

It's not Royal Caribbean's fault at all... (We haven't sailed with them yet so we don't know what we are missing...)

But DH and I liked our Carnival cruise so much that DH has insisted in doing our Key West-Cozumel 2017 cruise with Carnival instead of trying RCCL. (The rates were lower too! We saved enough money to cover for our excursions!)

I cancelled my RCCL cruise on monday. I have not heard from RCCL since. No e-mail confirming the cancellation, no signs of a refund so far. My account doesn't show the reservation but that's about it.

Does anybody know if/when I'll get confirmation and how long it takes them to send the refund?

Thanks in advance!

Less than 7 days for me and I've booked and canceled a few times. I think I remember getting an email much later than expected - a few days or so. They confirm bookings right away but the cancellation email was delayed.

UPDATE: I have just received an e-mail confirming cancellation and refund.
Watch your credit card statement. They tend to process each part of the reservation separately, so you may see the full refund show up in pieces: i.e Cruise fare; then port fees and taxes; then anything else you prepaid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter