Decide our vacation time for us!!!

DisFam4

Mouseketeer
OK - Here it is. We are going to WDW in less than 2 weeks and due to joining SouthEast Airlines Club59 ($59.00 each way for 1 year) and getting annual passes for US/IOA ($99.00 each) and getting a 7d PHPP for all 4 of us - we will be going a second time in the next year.

We are going with this boards expertise to decide the best time to go (less money, less crowds, lots of fun :p )We are myself, DW, DS10, DD5. We will pull them out of school for a week. We will probably rent DVC points for Beach Club Villas for a week.

We have this in mind:
First couple of weeks of December
3rd week of September
Sometime in October
Or ANY OTHER time that you can sway me towards.

We originally thought Dec. but with our trip now (3/9 - 3/16) being a little chilly, we don't think water park is on our schedule, (only TL open) and Dec. will be a little cool for water parks as well.
OH WELL - Fire away...... :jester:

We have been early October on 3 occasions and have always had really good weather - just the odd brief thunderstorm.

We have also been one at the end of September and it was much more overcast and stormy - could have been one of those odd years though.

Never found it that crowded either at the end of Sept or early Oct.

Pretty sure we have been to Blizzard Beach in early October but I am sure someone else will be able to give you more info on that.

We've gone the second or third week in Sept. for many years now--great weather, moderate crowds. Went once the first week in December--weather actually quite warm--and seeing the Disney XMAS decorations was a real treat.
But all in all ,anytime in Sept. (after Labor Day., of course) thru early Oct. would be my choice.

I've been in December a few times and really love this time of year at WDW. Usually it is during the first 2 weeks of December. The crowds are very light, which is a big plus for me. On my last trip, the temps were a little cool during the day on some days (cooler in the morning at at night), but the December trip before that the temps were in the 80's during the day. This year has been quite cold for the East coast, so it did not suprise me. Everything is decorated for the holidays and with the music playing in the background, it really gets you in the mood. Plus there are the Osbourne lights at MGM and MVMCP at the MK. I skipped MVMCP, but watched the special fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian. This is a great place to view them since your view of the MK is straight on and you see all of the fireworks, with no obstructions. Oh, and before I forget, the one not-to-be-missed event during this time of year is the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. This was one of the most beautiful shows I've seen. I did do the dinner package, which worked out great. If you saw the non-package lines, you'd be glad you did the package. The decorations are great at EPCOT too. The fountain "danced" to the same holiday music that the arch was dancing to. We went to WDW in September of 2001 and found the weather to be quite warm and it rained every afternoon (like clockwork). My family went in October last year and said that although it was warm, they found it to be quite crowded (they were they the same week as the Disney Classic golf tournament). So I would have to give a strong vote for December.

I have gone the week after Thanksgiving and stayed till December 8 or so.. I love it then.. the weather is iffy.. but WDW is decorated for Christmas and the crowds are not too difficult to handle.. I wish you luck with your decision..

I would have to give another vote for December! I was there the second week in 2001 and everything was PERFECT....the weather, the crowds...you name it!

In fact, based on that trip I am now going back the second week of December 2003. Hopefully, I will have the same experience.

Kim

Personally the first part of December is my favorite.

But if water parks are a must for you, then definitely go in September. Usually quite warm and the crowds are non existent.

October is also a good month, if you go inthe latter half, you can catch MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Fest if that appeals to you.

My favorite time is October, the 1st week of Food and Wine at Epcot. We have also stayed the last week of F & W that happened to end over Thanksgiving (early that year). It was wonderful to wake up one day and and practically the whole resort (BW) had been transformed overnight to a Christmas wonderland. Plus if you have an A/P there will be a special preview night for Osbourne's (sp). In October we have been very fortunate with the weather, sliding into November we tend to avoid the pools, the nights can be quite chilly if you have one of those cold fronts move in. One of these years I would like to stay the week before Christmas. Unfortunately, because volleyball season runs into basketball season we'll be stuck with spring and/or summer for the next 7 yrs:( On the plus side I get to check out the Flower & Garden Show this year.

Love the Christmas atmosphere in December, but if you're wanting to swim, I'd go for October.

October is our personal favorite, but it can be fickle. One year it rained most of the day on 8 out of 10 days. The following year, we never saw a drop. (But we weren't complaining!!) :D

We have been the 3rd week of September several times. The weather will be hot enough for the water parks and crowds are great! There are shorter hours though.

I would probably go in December. It will really get you in the Christmas spirit. Lots of great activities--Candlelight Processional, MVMCP and etc.

I don't think you can go wrong with either December or September.

If you're using DVC points, you might get by with just a bit fewer points in Sept. or the first 2 weeks of Dec. Oct. 1 starts a different point structure (not a huge difference though). I thought the weather in October was near perfect. Great for the Water Park and evenings (most evenings). We had a couple cool evenings toward mid-October this past Fall.

When we were there in mid to late Sept., the weather was great, but probably more on the rainy side some times. We also had a few days of those crazy love bugs. We're going in Sept. again this year and will probably switch to early October again for the next year. Our girls' birthdays are in October and it was a great way to spend them this past year.

So, I guess you'll have to figure out which time this vote goes toward...I can't decide between Sept. and Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!