December Itinerary....Too Much?

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
This is our itinerary for our vacation in December. I am worried that maybe I am expecting that we will be able to do more than we actually can. Our last time down was in September, 2002, for 6 days. We are not the commando types and have no problem sitting down and just enjoying the world pass by at some points. But, the question still remains....Is this too much?

We arrive in rural Florida on Thursday the 11th.
We will stay with family for 3 nights.

Saturday 13th
Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian
This is a special treat for my mother outlaw.

December 14th Sunday
Check into Pop Century!!!
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern 5:00 pm
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

December 15th Monday
Sleep Late
Epcot
Brunch at the Electric Umbrella
Try to ride M:S/TT/SE
See the Santas and Storytellers around the World Showcase
Candlelight Processional 5:00 pm ( we may skip this show )
Dinner at Rose & Crown after 7:10 pm
See Illuminations!

December 16th Tuesday
Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Flame Tree/Tusker House/Pizzafari
Do all the Shows & Dinos Area
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Dinner at Rainforest Cafe
Hop to Downtown Disney
Check out Pleasure Island

December 17th Wednesday
Disney Studios/MGM
Brunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
WolfGang Puck Express for Dinner
DTD AMC Theater Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

December 18th Thursday
Sleep Late
Animal Kingdom until 1:30 pm
Hop to Epcot
Ride M:S! and Shop
Dinner at Le Cellier 4:50 pm
Candlelight Processional Show at 8:15 pm

December 19th Friday
Sleep Late
DTD Shopping
Counter Service Lunch
Go to Magic Kingdom around 4:00 pm
Dinner at Crystal Palace
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

December 20th Saturday
Sleep Late
Animal Kingdom until close
Flame Tree/Tusker House/Pizzafari for Brunch
Hop to Dinner and Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Chef Mickey's
Magic Kingdom stay until close

December 21st Sunday
Drive Home.

December 22nd Monday
A day to recover before the real world totally reinvades our lives.

All opinions appreciated. Thanks Mickey

Your itenerary is very doable. I like the fact that you decided not to do AK on EE day which I always hear is very crowded. Otherwise I have had many days like you have listed on your itenerary which has worked well for me in the past. Have a great vacation and enjoy all the food while everyone else is paying for disgusting fast food.

Sounds good to me too. Especailly seeing LOR on opening day! You don't say who's in your party...just keep their ages/abilities in mind to avoid mid week meltdown. Perhaps allow enough time to get curb side seating for parades. I just may slightly modify your itinerary for my Nov trip!
I got to "break-in" All Star Movies!

This trip is, as usual, for just me and my honey. I think the plan will work out quite well for us really. I will feel more secure about it when my honey sees the modifications when she gets in from her weekend in Savannah with her mom. I had a more detailed and involved plan with more stuff to do, but this is toned down a bit.

I had to plan to see LOTR! It's funny because my honey was not a big fan of the first movie and kept referring to Frodo as Frito. But, when we saw the Two Towers on Christmas day last year, my honey looked at me and said, "You are taking me to see the next one the day it comes out!" Well, I promised that I would and it just so happens that it's in the middle of our vacation. So, in keeping with my promise, I had to make room for it in the plans. I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the input folks. Mickey

Very well thought out plans. Wish I could stay that long :) You've got everything laid out how you want to do things. Maybe I'll see you at Pop Century on the 14th :) Do you plan on getting there early to check in? I know I am cause getting out late at MVMCP that night won't be good time to check in lol

Hey Mickeysaver, just wanted to point out that my partner and I are going to be there the very same time! Your itinerary looks like a blast- bet your honey will be excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter