****December 2020 Thread****

Disney AND Christmas - it is so magical. This year will be our 6th Christmas at Disney.

Do you know where you plan on staying? Who is in your travel party? Any kids?

Allstar movie. The will be 4 of us. My wife and I and 2 kids they will be girl 14 and my son will turn 13 while we are there.
Disney AND Christmas - it is so magical. This year will be our 6th Christmas at Disney.

Do you know where you plan on staying? Who is in your travel party? Any kids?

So excited to see this thread! A long time planning, but we are looking to do Christmas through New Years Week with the kids and my parents! We went this past summer with my parents and sister and my parents want to head back again when it isn't too hot and this time of year we don't have to take kids out of school and work is easier to get out of. My immediate family did New Years this past year so the crowds won't be a huge surprise for us. Now we are trying to decide what level of resort we want to stay at and what we all want to do!

Our trip has gone from October to November to December! I wanted to spend my October birthday at WDW but my husband, who hasn't been to Disney since our first trip, has decided he's interested because of Star Wars. So then I was like "We should go in early November." But then I realized I wanted to see Christmas, so now we're looking at Dec 5-12. Or somewhere in there, depends on the NHL schedule, since DH works for NHL.com. But a week in there somewhere.

It'll be the first trip with just DH and I. DD and I have gone alone, I took DD and a friend of hers, and our first trip was DH, DD, my MIL, and my BIL and his wife.

DH doesn't do anything more thrilling than Pirates, and is on more of a night schedule than me, so I think so far the plan is I'll book FP for myself in the morning, get up and head out, have DH meet me at a park for lunch, nap somewhere in there, dinner and close out the parks. If I can keep that pace!

He also wants to go back to Kennedy, so that'll be somewhat of a "rest" day - we did in 2010 and it was a long day but lots of time on the bus to rest.

Now to decide on all of the non-park stuff I never do, since DD and I are always ride-focused. Mini golf? Definitely mini-golf.

Planning for our adult only trip next December! I can’t wait! We’re hoping to stay at AKL but I’m not sure if I should book as soon as I can or wait until any discounts come out.

Planning a sisters only trip for early December. First time my sister has gone at all since 1995. So much will be entirely new for her!

Since there's not a lot to plan yet, I've decided to throw my budgeting and savings into this thread.

Flights: $680
Package (Including DDP if we go that way.) $3560 (7 nights at Pop, 2 5-day hoppers. This might be about $500 cheaper, I have a friend who works for ESPN and we might be able to get one set of 5 day passes free.)
Spending money: $500
Tips: $150 (Estimated, but I wanted to make sure it was accounted for)
Trip to Kennedy Space Center: $270 for the tour we took in 2010 that includes transportation.

Total: $5160.22 (Will know more once we can book, obviously.)

I am also trying to raise another $1200 or so outside of my already planned saving to be able to upgrade to POFQ. More on that in a minute.

January savings: $220.01
February Savings: $147.63
March Savings (So far) $249.82
($617.46 total)

Bonus Savings: (Swagbucks, selling things, any other "non job income" money I can pull together.)
$35 - Target gift cards from credit card cash back. Will use them for normal household purchases and then transfer the $ into the Disney Fund
$15 - Target gift cards earned from Swagbucks - same as above.
($50 total)

I also have $35 available at Swagbucks but I'm holding out cashing it in until next month so I can get the first-card-of-the-month discount and hopefully get it up to a $50 visa gift card.

(I would totally be for not getting the DDP this trip but my husband insists and I'm just happy he's willing to go. :P)

We are tossing around the idea of going again in early December 2020. We went this past December and the weather was great, the Christmas party was fun. We did a couple dessert packages which we normally do not do but they were a nice treat for us. I have friends who have never been to Disney World only Disneyland so this will be exciting to help plan with them.

I honestly love planning, even with knowing it is so far away I love reading the boards, checking out the vlogs etc

Hello everyone! We're also planning a December 2020 trip. We usually go in January of February, but thought it would be nice to see all the Christmas decorations up at the parks. We've gone pretty much every other year for the past 8 years, and I'm thinking this may be our last Disney trip for a while. My boys are getting older and we would like to start doing some travel out of the country. Does anyone know when packages will become available? I like to book as early as possible so I can spread the payments out.

Hello everyone! We're also planning a December 2020 trip. We usually go in January of February, but thought it would be nice to see all the Christmas decorations up at the parks. We've gone pretty much every other year for the past 8 years, and I'm thinking this may be our last Disney trip for a while. My boys are getting older and we would like to start doing some travel out of the country. Does anyone know when packages will become available? I like to book as early as possible so I can spread the payments out.

I believe last time we went away I was able to start seeing prices in the summer. we didn't end up booking till later but I remember pricing things out way before then... Maybe by the end of the summer we will be able to start booking...

We’re going December 2020, there will be 8 of us. 4 adults, 4 kids well my oldest will turn 20 while we are there. I priced out the same time frame this year to give our friends a general idea on costs. We were there Dec 2018/Jan 2019 for 14 days and loved it! Aug 8, 2019 we can book our package to start making payments!

Hey all! We are going December 4-12 2020. Likely starting dvc at boardwalk. It will be our first time, my self and hubby, and our almost 6 year old, 2.5 year old, and our baby who will likely be turning one on the trip(depending on when he's born😉).

We'll be getting the ddp and I'm thinking of getting 9 day phs plus one night doing mvmcp. I know that seems like a lot of tickets, but it'd be nice to be able to do a couple of half days. And if you look at the price increase from 6 day to 9 days, it's practically pocket change in terms of Disney $.

I've planned this trip twice, and had to cancel both times bc of complicated pregnancies, so dh is of the opinion to do what I want, even if it's a little more money, so I won't be there regretting things.

I do think we're going to rent a double stroller there but bring a compact stroller we can hopefully store under the double for when all three of our kids are needing to ride. Along with a couple baby carriers.

hey everyone we are looking at booking the first week of dec 2020 for 6 nights. 2 adults and 3 kids. looking into where we want to stay will be staying on site. looking in to dvc for the poly if not a mod resort would work cant wait im already planning.

Hi all! We are planning our trip for Dec 1-6, 2020. It will be my two nephews’ 1st visit! I think we are going to book WL. We’ve never stayed at that resort. I’m so excited! I love planning Disney trips!

Hello everyone. I'm trying to book December 5-12 at Caribbean Beach. Anyone know why it would be showing only preferred and pirate rooms available?

Jumping in early! Hoping to book a bounce back at Port Orleans Riverside for December 9-17 when we take our trip next month! So excited! Love Christmas at Disney! :lovestruc

Last edited:
We are planning a trip for Dec 2020. More than likely the middle of month. I'm just starting to make the plans for it. We will be staying at Shades of Green (military hotel on property). We've stayed there before and love it.
Those of you who have been during this time, when do the crowds get really busy for Christmas?
Thanks a bunch guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!