****December 2020 Thread****

I lucked out and got NPH in 2018 as well. It was my first time to go to CP. Hoping for a good narrator this year on Dec 3

On a side note - has anyone done anything about air travel for Dec yet? I am holding off because I am probably going to do points travel and don't want to lose points if for some reason this is still going on. Not sure when I should book - I also do not want to miss out on the awards travel either. Am hoping something will be clearer by June.

I lucked out and got NPH in 2018 as well. It was my first time to go to CP. Hoping for a good narrator this year on Dec 3

On a side note - has anyone done anything about air travel for Dec yet? I am holding off because I am probably going to do points travel and don't want to lose points if for some reason this is still going on. Not sure when I should book - I also do not want to miss out on the awards travel either. Am hoping something will be clearer by June.
We are going 11/29 - 12/6. It will also be our first time at Disney during the holidays - so looking forward to CP also! We will wait to see who the narrators are and then pick our night. RE airfare - we will be using points to fly SW so are waiting for December flights to open up on May 28th - right now they are only booking through October. That May date was pushed back from April so it may be rescheduled again - keep an eye on it so that you can book the day they drop.

I have a resort question - we were booked for CCV for our June trip but when I moved us to December there wasn't any availability. I'm pondering on where to stay when my 7 month DVC booking window opens. Should we try to Beach Club villas or Contemporary Villas?? We need a 2 bed villa and our boys are 21 and 18....

We'll have a 6 night stay and plan on one night at MVMCP and 1 morning at MK, then 2 mornings at HS, 1 at Epcot and 1 at AK. We do have hopper tickets and will spend afternoons and dinners at either DS or Epcot and 1 dinner at Cali Grill...

We haven't stayed at Contemporary before and I LOVE the idea of walking to MK and the monorail there and we've stayed at BC in a regular room and love the location near Epcot and HS..

how do I pick a location - besides which resort actually has availability at my 7 month booking window which is in 30 days???

Thanks!

We are going 11/29 - 12/6. It will also be our first time at Disney during the holidays - so looking forward to CP also! We will wait to see who the narrators are and then pick our night. RE airfare - we will be using points to fly SW so are waiting for December flights to open up on May 28th - right now they are only booking through October. That May date was pushed back from April so it may be rescheduled again - keep an eye on it so that you can book the day they drop.
I actually have United points to use. I want to see more what Disney does as they open I think before I book

I actually have United points to use. I want to see more what Disney does as they open I think before I book
I have a resort question - we were booked for CCV for our June trip but when I moved us to December there wasn't any availability. I'm pondering on where to stay when my 7 month DVC booking window opens. Should we try to Beach Club villas or Contemporary Villas?? We need a 2 bed villa and our boys are 21 and 18....

We'll have a 6 night stay and plan on one night at MVMCP and 1 morning at MK, then 2 mornings at HS, 1 at Epcot and 1 at AK. We do have hopper tickets and will spend afternoons and dinners at either DS or Epcot and 1 dinner at Cali Grill...

We haven't stayed at Contemporary before and I LOVE the idea of walking to MK and the monorail there and we've stayed at BC in a regular room and love the location near Epcot and HS..

how do I pick a location - besides which resort actually has availability at my 7 month booking window which is in 30 days???

Thanks!
So the convenience of the Contemporary to MK is great. But if you are spending more time at HS and EP, I would probably do that. However, getting back to the Contemporary after the party may trump that instead of waiting for busses.

So the convenience of the Contemporary to MK is great. But if you are spending more time at HS and EP, I would probably do that. However, getting back to the Contemporary after the party may trump that instead of waiting for busses.
Yeah, I keep thinking about getting back to whatever resort we're at after the party could be the deciding factor! However, when I look at dates for villas now for our December dates, there are NO hotels that have rooms so we'll be on a waitlist somewhere..so we might stay whichever waitlist comes through first! HA!

and have you done the MVMCP and CP in the same trip? We haven't done either so would be doing both be too much?? I mean, is there ever too much at Disney? :rolleyes1

First world problem, I know! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I keep thinking about getting back to whatever resort we're at after the party could be the deciding factor! However, when I look at dates for villas now for our December dates, there are NO hotels that have rooms so we'll be on a waitlist somewhere..so we might stay whichever waitlist comes through first! HA!

and have you done the MVMCP and CP in the same trip? We haven't done either so would be doing both be too much?? I mean, is there ever too much at Disney? :rolleyes1

We plan on doing both MVMCP and CP on our trip so I don't think it's too much. Two different experiences and one doesn't cost any extra park ticket.

Thanks!
We are BCV owners and will be staying there in December - we booked 11 months out. We absolutely love the location! Sadly, there is no availability at BCV right now in December even for owners who can book now except for the week of the 13th for a regular 2 bedroom villa - the lock off 2 BD are completely booked. BCV is really hard to get at 7 months, and when you factor in owners who may have had to move their reservations due to the Covid-19 crisis any availability at any DVC resort at 7 months is going to be slim.

Does Disney give refunds on CLP dining packages?

I plan on buying when they open, but if something makes us not be able to travel due to Covid (borders still closed to travel) yet WDW is still open, that would be my concern.

We plan on doing both MVMCP and CP on our trip so I don't think it's too much. Two different experiences and one doesn't cost any extra park ticket.
do you use the dining plan in conjunction with the CP?? We'll have the DxDP during our December trip and wasn't sure if we should pay OOP for the CP or if there is an option to have it be a dining credit (or 2)?

We are BCV owners and will be staying there in December - we booked 11 months out. We absolutely love the location! Sadly, there is no availability at BCV right now in December even for owners who can book now except for the week of the 13th for a regular 2 bedroom villa - the lock off 2 BD are completely booked. BCV is really hard to get at 7 months, and when you factor in owners who may have had to move their reservations due to the Covid-19 crisis any availability at any DVC resort at 7 months is going to be slim.
UGH...I just need a 2 br!! I wonder what the probability is of a waitlist coming through on any of them?? I see a few resorts have some of my dates, like BRV has 5 nights but it's the first 4 nights, then skip a night and then the last night is available...I'm assuming I could call MS (at my booking window) and reserve those 5 nights and waitlist the remaining night??

do you use the dining plan in conjunction with the CP?? We'll have the DxDP during our December trip and wasn't sure if we should pay OOP for the CP or if there is an option to have it be a dining credit (or 2)?
You can, from what I understand it will be considered a 2 credit meal.

Joining in - we were originally scheduled to go March 26 - April 4th, rescheduled to May 28 - June 6th and just rescheduled again. We are going Dec 3-5 to Legoland, 5-7 to Universal (Royal Pacific Hotel) and then finally Disney from Dec 7-13, staying at All Star Movies. So excited to go during the holidays.

same here. We are planning for MVMCP on Sun 12/20 and CLP on Thurs 12/24. We did both in 2017 and didn't think it was too much. Our trips are usually 6-7nights.

"Stay at home orders" = boredom = I just ordered Christmas presents ( yes I know it's 8 months away lol) for my grand teens from etsy. I got them each a laynard with 5 themed pins, a bundle of 30 pins to share and locking backs. This is the 1st time they have mentioned any interest in pin trading.

Does Disney give refunds on the CLP dining packages if we had to cancel our trip? What about the Christmas party tickets? I really hope it is safe to travel by then. I guess I should start with hoping leisure travel across borders is available!

oh yes! in 2018 I went to Disney at Christmas for the first time and wanted to do it all. I did the Party, CP (I did dinner at Biergarten), Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party, went to the Christmas tree trail at DS and did EMM at Toy Story land. I also resort hopped at the Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk and the monorail loop

oh yes! in 2018 I went to Disney at Christmas for the first time and wanted to do it all. I did the Party, CP (I did dinner at Biergarten), Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party, went to the Christmas tree trail at DS and did EMM at Toy Story land. I also resort hopped at the Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk and the monorail loop
YEAH!!!! I was hoping it wouldn't be too much, especially since I'm not sure when we'll get back to Disney @ Christmas!!

Does Disney give refunds on the CLP dining packages if we had to cancel our trip? What about the Christmas party tickets? I really hope it is safe to travel by then. I guess I should start with hoping leisure travel across borders is available!
Unless it's changed (and it may have), you don't pay for your CLP dining package up front when you make the reservation. so there will be nothing to refund. You'll pay for it when you dine. At least that's how it was in 2017 when we did it.
MVMCP tickets are another story. If WDW is closed, I think they'll refund the party ticket. If they're open, the ticket is nonrefundable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!