***** December 2019 *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter! So is anyone going over Christmas/ New Year's thinking about doing a tour? I thought it would be a good way to be in a park but not be worrying about lines and crowds so much lol. I'm doing the Up Close with Rhinos tour in about 10 days and may book it again for the family in Dec. or the Caring for Giants as well as Behind the Seeds at Epcot. My 13 year old is interested and won't start be annoying since these are only an hour :thumbsup2

We're going 12/14-12/21, staying at AofA. I was just looking at tours as a way to mitigate the crowds. We did the same week in 2018 and crowds really built by the end of the week. I expect that level from the start this year due to SWGE.

BTW - loved your Roy Disney suite TR! That's the dream upgrade.

No tours for us, but we were thinking of doing V&A's for my twins 21st birthday. According to my daughter, they're only 21 once!

We're going 12/14-12/21, staying at AofA. I was just looking at tours as a way to mitigate the crowds. We did the same week in 2018 and crowds really built by the end of the week. I expect that level from the start this year due to SWGE.

BTW - loved your Roy Disney suite TR! That's the dream upgrade.
OMG that upgrade was amazing!! Completely unexpected and something I'm sure will never happen again lol. Very thankful for it!!

We've loved all the tours we've done so far and I so agree there's a great chance crowds will be higher than normal for most of Dec. My Rhino tour is now 5 days away, that's the one my youngest is most interested in so unless it stinks (which I highly doubt) we'll do it!

No tours for us, but we were thinking of doing V&A's for my twins 21st birthday. According to my daughter, they're only 21 once!
I like her thinking :thumbsup2 DH and I often discuss trying V&A's but so far have not!

We are officially going Dec 20-27th.. We are staying at BW Villas for 3 nights and Copper Creek for 4. We have been at this time of year before. We have even been over NYE once and crowds do not scare us. We just do what we want and get out. LOL.. We have spent the evening at Epcot on NYE if anyone has any questions. We love it during this time of year.

We are officially going Dec 20-27th.. We are staying at BW Villas for 3 nights and Copper Creek for 4. We have been at this time of year before. We have even been over NYE once and crowds do not scare us. We just do what we want and get out. LOL.. We have spent the evening at Epcot on NYE if anyone has any questions. We love it during this time of year.

We are planning on spending NYE at Epcot. How crowded do you think it will be on that evening? I've been to New York City during the holidays so I'm used to crowds. Planning on leaving right after they ring in the New Year. We would like to view the fireworks in WS somewhere close to IG. I'm just concerned that my DD11 will enjoy the entertainment. :)

We are planning on spending NYE at Epcot. How crowded do you think it will be on that evening? I've been to New York City during the holidays so I'm used to crowds. Planning on leaving right after they ring in the New Year. We would like to view the fireworks in WS somewhere close to IG. I'm just concerned that my DD11 will enjoy the entertainment. :)

It was very crowded but doable. We loved how each country celebrated with different types of dance parties. I will admit we left around 11pm to watch the fireworks from Beach Club beach. I didn't want to be in the mass of people trying to leave that point. We were staying at Beach club so it was nice to be "home" before the fireworks. The atmosphere was so festive and fun. Even at Beach Club there were tons of people around on the beach and just walking around. It was so much fun.

BTW I have been to NYC on NYE before too. Crowds do not bother me as long as I still have room to move. I felt I could still move around in Epcot. I will say the bathroom lines were long though.

Booked for BW Villas 12-14 thru 12-21 .... hoping for Mickey's Runaway Train to open early ... One can dream right !!!! :earboy2::earboy2:

It was very crowded but doable. We loved how each country celebrated with different types of dance parties. I will admit we left around 11pm to watch the fireworks from Beach Club beach. I didn't want to be in the mass of people trying to leave that point. We were staying at Beach club so it was nice to be "home" before the fireworks. The atmosphere was so festive and fun. Even at Beach Club there were tons of people around on the beach and just walking around. It was so much fun.

BTW I have been to NYC on NYE before too. Crowds do not bother me as long as I still have room to move. I felt I could still move around in Epcot. I will say the bathroom lines were long though.

We're staying at CBR. We're planning on using the Skyliner to get back from Epcot. I never thought of watching from our hotel. That might be another option if we get tired. Do you remember about what time they started the dance parties at WS?

We're staying at CBR. We're planning on using the Skyliner to get back from Epcot. I never thought of watching from our hotel. That might be another option if we get tired. Do you remember about what time they started the dance parties at WS?

We arrived in Epcot about 6-7 if I remember correctly and they were already going on.

I know times aren't up yet so this is still tentative but is anyone else planning their days yet?? Lol what is everyone planning?

Here is our tentative plan:

DH wants to see galaxy's edge first thing. Normally I like Magic Kingdom first. I chose my magic kingdom day based on the non-party day. The rest of the days are still negotiable. I'm also hoping for a hard ticket for early or late hours for galaxy's edge like they did for toy story land.

Dec 1 - check in -free day - monorail resort holiday touring - chef mickey?

Dec 2 - Hollywood studios

Dec 3 - animal kingdom

Dec 4 - magic kingdom

Dec 5 - mvmcp -sleep in - resort rest

Dec 6 - hopper day or revisit favorite park(wont buy hoppers but may upgrade if we really want to revisit more than one favorite)

Dec 7 - epcot - Via Napoli (we always want to eat there but we always choose other places)

We are planning on almost all quick service for food since it's just the 3 of us. Chef Mickey would be for my daughter who loved character meals last time but we didnt do Chef Mickey last time.

We (me and dd16) rented DVC points at AK Jambo savannah view from 12/29 til 12/30. Our second AK stay and first DVC. Come on SW!

I wish I could do the same...but we have a college student schedule to contend with. I'm so sad because I have discovered I have booked during Pop Warner. :(

I don’t have experience staying at the Pop Warner hotels, but we have travelled during that week before and it was not noticeable at all in the parks. Hope it works out ok for you!

We'll be at the VGF the 10th through the 17th! Thinking of potentially getting in a Christmas Party one of those nights. Hard to plan so far in advance, especially knowing the hours will most likely change.

Hello! This is our first trip over the new year. We are arriving 12/29 and leaving 1/2. We have been the week after Thanksgiving (during free dining) a few times. My question is what is it like getting ADR’s around the new year time? I am always well-planned and get up to do them at 6:00 for 180+. I just also know that’s a super busy time...in anyone’s experience, has that make ADR’s ridiculous as well?

Hello! This is our first trip over the new year. We are arriving 12/29 and leaving 1/2. We have been the week after Thanksgiving (during free dining) a few times. My question is what is it like getting ADR’s around the new year time? I am always well-planned and get up to do them at 6:00 for 180+. I just also know that’s a super busy time...in anyone’s experience, has that make ADR’s ridiculous as well?

I haven’t booked ADR’s at such a busy time for years but I always suggest book your most popular ones first, for example if you want Be Our Guest, Ohana’s etc. If you are going for some in hotels like Grand Floridian cafe or not as popular ones such as Plaza in MK you can be a bit more flexible there I think.

Hi all! I had posted a couple pages back that I was thinking of booking a couple of the shorter tours over our NYE trip such as Up Close with Rhinos, which I was lucky enough to do last week. It's an hour long, $40 pp and it was SO worth it!! Definitely booking that for December and I highly, highly recommend it; 100% of the cost goes to Disney's Conservation fund FYI. Minimum age is 4 and since its only an hour many littles may not have an issue with attention span. Plus you get to pet a rhino :goodvibes I would post pictures but since the whole tour is backstage pictures aren't allowed and I only have pics of my name tag and one of myself with one of our guides. Since parks will be a tad busy lol it gives us something else fun to do! Now need to decide if I want to also book Behind the Seeds or Caring for Giants :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!