***** December 2019 *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are scheduled to stay at Beach Club Dec 7-14th. What is the likelihood the Pop Warner Football and Cheer Championship is the same week? Seems they hold this event two weeks after Thanksgiving

We are scheduled to stay at Beach Club Dec 7-14th. What is the likelihood the Pop Warner Football and Cheer Championship is the same week? Seems they hold this event two weeks after Thanksgiving
You might catch the tail end of it but we always go the first week of December...and frankly, we see no affect on the parks. Can't say the same about the resorts that they normally stay at but we're Epcot resort people so no affect resort wise. I wouldn't let those groups affect your dates.

We are booked for Pop 11/30-12/8!!!!! DBF and I! Like others, hoping for Free Dining, but no big deal if not. Waiting for airline booking windows to open so I can start monitoring flight costs, lol! In the middle of planning days, ADRs, etc..... Also doing two, non-consecutive days at the Other parks (much less planning involved), hah!

Same here!
I'm thinking to go 1st-2nd week of December 2019. It's going to be my first visit, so I hope I can enjoy my trip without fighting with huge crowd that SW land no doubt will draw.
We were discussing the possiblity of SW being open as well when we go. I figure if it is, the crowds getting to HS would be more, but the rest of HS would be less crowded since everyone will be at SW land. *fingers crossed*

We are booked for December 5th-11th at Port Orleans French Quarter! (Originally at the contemporary but the family wasn't thrilled with my choice) It has been over a decade since we have been and we are so excited! This is our boys senior trip so we are going all out down to personalized luggage and graduation ears :)

Last edited:

We were discussing the possiblity of SW being open as well when we go. I figure if it is, the crowds getting to HS would be more, but the rest of HS would be less crowded since everyone will be at SW land. *fingers crossed*
My husband is hoping SW is open but with a 2 yr old I won't be in any long lines. My DH can wait in lines while DD and I hang out with the Disney Jr characters. :)
My DD has an obsession with Vampirina. She's 21 months so she doesnt watch much tv, basically only if I'm working from home. And while she loves Mickey mouse clubhouse, she's easily distracted like most toddlers. But she will stand and watch Vampirina forever if we let her. She even sleeps with her stuffed VeeVee. She just started doing all the dances and tries to sing along too. it's adorable. So I am super excited for her to meet Vampirina.

What is one thing everyone else is excited to do?

I'm actually most excited for the gondolas, lol!

Me too!!!

And I am not sure if I am excited for NYE at Disney because of the crowds, but since this will be our first time there for NYE (6th time for Christmas there so we are pros at that lol) it is definitely something new to look forward to!

Oh and I am curiously looking forward to Storybook Dining at WL with Snow White :goodvibes

I read some threads on SW board and someone said that the crowds who aren't that interested in SW land to spill to other parks, making WDW overall more crowded.
Now I'm thinking to move my trip to before Thanksgiving, which is a shame because I really want to see Christmas decoration at Disney parks. I've never visited during Christmas season before.
Another option is to postpone to mid January 2020. I don't know if that's going to help. Crowd level is predicted to increase for the next few months after SW land opens. But my wishful thinking hopes that it won't be so bad in January :laughing:

We are booked for Pop 11/30-12/8!!!!! DBF and I! Like others, hoping for Free Dining, but no big deal if not. Waiting for airline booking windows to open so I can start monitoring flight costs, lol! In the middle of planning days, ADRs, etc..... Also doing two, non-consecutive days at the Other parks (much less planning involved), hah!

I'm considering those dates and hotel too! (if I'm still going in December)

Trip # 2 of 2019 is

Dec 4-13 at OKW .. have two rooms booked.. taking my wife’s parents for their first Disney trip!

Just booked WL for our first NYE trip to the World! Dec 28- Jan 1 :goodvibes My favorite resort, gorgeous during the holidays, and now I have 3 stays there for 2019!!

I’m so close to booking Xmas week at Dolphin. I’m just still a bit tentative to say for sure Bc the crowds worry me! But hubby and I agree this will be a more resort focused trip (hoping warm enough to swim) and less go go go at the parks. We have no issues being at rope drop each park day and would love to end each night in Epcot. I hope we don’t regret it!

Are even the roads crowded? Like if we took an Uber to WL, could that take forever?

We are hoping for Dec. 22-27 but won't know until mid-late Jan -- can't book DVC until 11 months out, and since this is a very popular time to travel, we may not get it. We'll see what happens!

Update: I GOT IT! Yay! Though TBH probably not too hard of a get -- we went with a lakeview 2BR which I think is prob the last to go. But we're very excited and ready to be added to the Roll Call (@DisneyObsessed87, are you still out there?):

KSL -- BLT -- Dec. 19-27

We decided to add a few days at the start of the trip in the hope that they'll still have a MVMCP, but not sure if it'll work out. Anyone know if some good planning threads they could point me (all of us) to? I'm specifically thinking about the MVMCP and Candlelight Processional. Never been in December and I know I'll need to do even more planning than usual (which, for a Disney vacation, is really saying something, lol). We will be a party of six, one with either a manual wheelchair or an ECV, so we will be s-l-o-w to move through the crowds. It's OK -- we will go into it with low expectations as far as what we will get done each day -- likely only our 3 FP+, one sit-down meal (assuming I can get ADRs!), and not much else. This is fine with us. We are DVC members so get to go reasonably often and my girls are older now, who understand and we are all there more for the experience of just BEING THERE at the holidays, seeing the decorations, etc. SO EXCITED!!

Dec 7-15 AoA. First time for us to be going during MVMCP. I’m hoping crowds won’t be too bad. Keeping DS out of school that week to avoid crowds.

We will be there December 19-26, renting points at Old Key West. I’m super excited to be at WDW over Christmas! We did Thanksgiving week back in 2017. I know the crowds will be insane, but we’ll manage. Looking forward to Star Wars—hopefully it isn’t impossible to get fast passes for the two rides.

Update: I GOT IT! Yay! Though TBH probably not too hard of a get -- we went with a lakeview 2BR which I think is prob the last to go. But we're very excited and ready to be added to the Roll Call (@DisneyObsessed87, are you still out there?):

KSL -- BLT -- Dec. 19-27

We decided to add a few days at the start of the trip in the hope that they'll still have a MVMCP, but not sure if it'll work out. Anyone know if some good planning threads they could point me (all of us) to? I'm specifically thinking about the MVMCP and Candlelight Processional. Never been in December and I know I'll need to do even more planning than usual (which, for a Disney vacation, is really saying something, lol). We will be a party of six, one with either a manual wheelchair or an ECV, so we will be s-l-o-w to move through the crowds. It's OK -- we will go into it with low expectations as far as what we will get done each day -- likely only our 3 FP+, one sit-down meal (assuming I can get ADRs!), and not much else. This is fine with us. We are DVC members so get to go reasonably often and my girls are older now, who understand and we are all there more for the experience of just BEING THERE at the holidays, seeing the decorations, etc. SO EXCITED!!

For the 2019 MVMCP planning. Disney at Christmas time is beautiful enjoy.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...h-so-jolly-holiday-celebration.3729624/unread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!