December 2019 Code Watch

Instead of hoping for a discount in December have any of you tried to look for a DVC rental instead? They are normally pretty discounted compared to Disney direct prices. Might be worth it if you normally stay at moderates or deluxe anyway.

I'd consider it, except it's too inflexible if you have to cancel, and it's a long way to December at the moment.

I've been checking my dates in December (4 - 12) since I booked earlier this month, to see if any other resorts have opened up as I'm spending more than I would like, and there's been limited availability. Checked again today, and there are only 2 resorts showing any availability now. I have a feeling this is a bad sign for possible discounts in early December. Ugh!

I've been checking my dates in December (4 - 12) since I booked earlier this month, to see if any other resorts have opened up as I'm spending more than I would like, and there's been limited availability. Checked again today, and there are only 2 resorts showing any availability now. I have a feeling this is a bad sign for possible discounts in early December. Ugh!
I tend to agree with you. However, I think packages have to be paid for in advance...what...30-60 days out? Perhaps we'll see some more availability as we get closer to December. We're December 4-11 also and booked YC months ago. Glad we did, as there hasn't been availability for quite awhile.

My husband and I have a trip booked November 29 (really late arrival that night) through December 7 to celebrate our 35 anniversary. We’ll be at Pop the first night. The other seven nights we’ll be at BWI, which is our FAVORITE resort. We booked in early April, and even then there was not much availability. We’ll still go if no discounts are released, but it sure would be nice to not have to pay full rack rate! We’ve always booked our Disney vacations when discounts were available in the past. I guess we were spoiled😂🤷🏼‍♀️ I know it’s not a given by any means, but I’m still keeping any eye out here and crossing my fingers for a discount offer that we can take advantage of. 🤞🏻

Instead of hoping for a discount in December have any of you tried to look for a DVC rental instead? They are normally pretty discounted compared to Disney direct prices. Might be worth it if you normally stay at moderates or deluxe anyway.

I actually considered that for my trip since I’m only going for 2 nights. I contacted one of the dvc rental companies maybe a month ago and all that was available was SSR and Kidani. I almost thought about booking kidani but I really don’t want to be that far away from everything on a 2 day trip. I swear, I’ve tried renting points many many times for all different times of the year and nothing is every available. Just once I’d like to get the response that yes, the Grand Floridaian is available!! :rotfl2:

Back to waiting for those December discounts, was hoping they would have been out yesterday...:rolleyes1

I'm already booked for the WL BRV on December 8th. However, if a discount came out that would make this trip perfect!!! Not holding my breath but it never hurts to keep wishing.

Discounts!!! Hopefully, more to come--but-- I'll take what I can get. Have been calling for about an hour though... line is busy :(((

It's called the magical holiday room offer. I cant post the link because of the rules, but you can just search Disney fall offer via google or it may be on the homepage. I didnt get an email, someone posted about it in a December planning group on FB

I tried calling for times and got a busy signal. I'd forgotten what those sounded like! :P here's hoping I'll get through while there are still rooms available.

I was changing an existing reservation, not trying to book a new one, but I was able to very easily change my existing reservation to the new offer online. Saved me about an hour wait on the phone. Sometimes the Disney website does come through!

The rack rates for the deluxe have increased alot I think....I mean I got a general code price which I booked for Dec 12-16th but those prices still seemed high....just say'in.

Yes rack rates have gone up. I know POP is more than the All Stars now. No big surprise there.

After about 60 tries and being on hold an hour, I finally got thru! $365 off my existing reservation at CR! We aren't staying long enough for the free dining offer, but at least I got this!

I called in to add free dining to my current reservation in December and got denied. Seems like Disney is toying with people.

The deluxe resort rates (well really all the rates but the deluxes in particular) have absolutely gotten ridiculous. And compared to discounts offered in the past, these were meager with the highest being only 20%. The "free" dining benefit could be a better value depending on the number of guests on the reservation but to receive that you also had to purchase as a package with a stay of at least 5 nights and park hopper tickets. I was able to change our existing reservation to include the room discount but from what's I've heard the rooms that were available for booking the free dining package were pretty limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!