December 2019 Code Watch

Hoping for some kind of discount for December!! They can’t just not have discounts for the rest of the year after GE opens, right? o_O I’m only planning on going for 2 nights, December 21 and 22 and right now, without a discount, it’s going to be super expensive!! I have my heart set on a deluxe for those 2 nights but the prices are insane!:rotfl:
I am in the exact same predicament for the 20 & 21. We have Contemporary booked, and it brings me to tears to have to pay what it costs, but my heart is set on it, so fingers crossed for both of us!

Same here, December 13-18 for me.

BTW, does it make sense to book without a promotion? It just seems like it falsely drives up their perceived number of customers and discourages them from sending out discounts? In most cases don't you have to create a completely new booking anyway?

Same here, December 13-18 for me.

BTW, does it make sense to book without a promotion? It just seems like it falsely drives up their perceived number of customers and discourages them from sending out discounts? In most cases don't you have to create a completely new booking anyway?
I booked just because if it's sold out, it doesnt matter if there are discounts. At least this way I can hold out for discounts and get a price adjustment.

I booked just because if it's sold out, it doesnt matter if there are discounts. At least this way I can hold out for discounts and get a price adjustment.

I’m probably going to book for the same reason, it seems like a lot of rooms are already sold out for my dates so I want to make sure I have what I want, even if that means no discount.

Still, the thought of paying full price for a deluxe room is crazy!! :faint:

hi! So is it unlikely for any fall specials to come out for hotel stays? I want to book my dinning but can't hold out much longer for dec 11-15th stay. No chance of getting the discount after I already book right?

hi! So is it unlikely for any fall specials to come out for hotel stays? I want to book my dinning but can't hold out much longer for dec 11-15th stay. No chance of getting the discount after I already book right?

They can apply the discount to your room if that category and resort is still available for the discount.

I personally think there is a good chance for a Fall discount. There are plenty of rooms left at many resorts for my dates and even around my dates in September. People may be overestimating Galaxy's Edge. I know many people are intentionally avoiding WDW this Fall because they are so concerned about the crowds due to it opening. It may have the reverse effect on overall crowds at WDW

awe
They can apply the discount to your room if that category and resort is still available for the discount.

I personally think there is a good chance for a Fall discount. There are plenty of rooms left at many resorts for my dates and even around my dates in September. People may be overestimating Galaxy's Edge. I know many people are intentionally avoiding WDW this Fall because they are so concerned about the crowds due to it opening. It may have the reverse effect on overall crowds at WDW
Awesome. For some reason I had it in my mind that i needed a hotel for dinning which is 6 months out. But rookie assumption. So I have time for the discount for the fastpass advantage. But for my dates, dinning opens Friday so I was freaking out prematurely.

Keeping my fingers crossed that a general public discount for Dec will come out soon, as it did last year in later June.
I'm not giving up hope!
:goodvibes

Same! We booked with no discount and WOW! I didn't realize how much I depended on that discount. Fingers crossed.

Figures this is the year we decide to surprise our grown children with their significant others and celebrate an early Christmas at Coronado...pay their airfare, purchase the DDP for everyone ....AND NO DISCOUNT AS OF YET.......... 😥😥😥

Last edited:
I’m probably going to book for the same reason, it seems like a lot of rooms are already sold out for my dates so I want to make sure I have what I want, even if that means no discount.

Still, the thought of paying full price for a deluxe room is crazy!! :faint:

Yep, same boat here, I may actually switch over to CSR if no discounts come out for December.

I'm in the same boat, silly star wars thing.

Figures this is the year we decide to surprise our grown children with their significant others and celebrate an early Christmas at Coronado...pay their airfare, purchase the DDP for everyone ....AND NO DISCOUNT AS OF YET.......... 😥😥😥

Following.... my DD really wants to go for her 18th Birthday (Dec. 17th) but the prices are so high right now!

Instead of hoping for a discount in December have any of you tried to look for a DVC rental instead? They are normally pretty discounted compared to Disney direct prices. Might be worth it if you normally stay at moderates or deluxe anyway.

Instead of hoping for a discount in December have any of you tried to look for a DVC rental instead? They are normally pretty discounted compared to Disney direct prices. Might be worth it if you normally stay at moderates or deluxe anyway.
We'd really prefer to do this but every points rental company I've found has a no cancellations policy. Because of medical issues we can't be positive a trip will happen until pretty close to the actual trip, so being able to cancel up to 5 days in advance is a huge plus for us. I could get trip insurance, but it's been our experience that existing known health problems are not covered - emergencies, yes, an outbreak or flare of a known illness, no.

We'd really prefer to do this but every points rental company I've found has a no cancellations policy. Because of medical issues we can't be positive a trip will happen until pretty close to the actual trip, so being able to cancel up to 5 days in advance is a huge plus for us. I could get trip insurance, but it's been our experience that existing known health problems are not covered - emergencies, yes, an outbreak or flare of a known illness, no.
Yeah it’s true that renting DVC usually have a no cancellation policy. But still a lot of people rent without problems. I totally understand if some don’t want to take that risk or if they can’t commit until much closer to checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!