December 2019 Code Watch

I got through around 10am yesterday after being on hold for two hours. We have 5 nights with park hoppers at Poly in early December which met the criteria of discounts or free dining. There were no discounts left and no free dining available when I got through. They said to keep checking throughout the year.

We booked our dec 2019 in dec 2018. We booked POP for 7 days & quick service. When we called for discount we were told that all of the discounts out would increase our bill from $80-$100 dollars. So just goes to show you how big the price increase was from last year to this year . This will have to be our last year on site 😔

We booked our dec 2019 in dec 2018. We booked POP for 7 days & quick service. When we called for discount we were told that all of the discounts out would increase our bill from $80-$100 dollars. So just goes to show you how big the price increase was from last year to this year . This will have to be our last year on site 😔
Same here...we booked in February and none of the discounts work for us because they would increase our costs!!! They have really raised those rates...unbelievably so. The CM I spoke to told me to not lose hope for a discount around three months out...I am not putting any true stock in that...but being the Disney Optimist I am...I will hold on to a glimmer of hope that something can cut my costs. We shall see.

Looks like my agent was able to get some savings for our first night at Pop. I'm not expecting it to be much but I received a new confirmation number yesterday. I booked our 7 nights at AoA as a bounce back so I'm guessing that older rate + the BB discount is cheaper than the current promotions. Toyed with switching to AKL for the one night stay and had a $400 room in my cart but the system crashed and now it's more expensive than YC.

Here’s a post that there’s still hope! I just called and was able to switch my 8n reservation (11/29-12/7) that was rack rate at Coronado standard view with dining and switch to AKL standard view with dining and it only increased $250. This is with an AP discount . PLUS the guy on the phone said that Disney is starting to roll out more rooms. He said they never roll them all out at once and they do it in small increments over time. So don’t give up hope folks ! AKL was showing ZERO availability that week and now suddenly showed up with openings at about all views

Here’s a post that there’s still hope! I just called and was able to switch my 8n reservation (11/29-12/7) that was rack rate at Coronado standard view with dining and switch to AKL standard view with dining and it only increased $250. This is with an AP discount . PLUS the guy on the phone said that Disney is starting to roll out more rooms. He said they never roll them all out at once and they do it in small increments over time. So don’t give up hope folks ! AKL was showing ZERO availability that week and now suddenly showed up with openings at about all views

I was DELIGHTED to finally get the AP rate for my AKL room this morning, my reservation for 12/4 - 12/12 just dropped over $1,000 for my standard room! I was disappointed when they wouldn't do anything over the phone on Wednesday, but I kept checking online and this morning there were a lot of rooms finally showing with the AP rate. I'm relieved, I was actually considering switching to offsite this trip if no discounts opened up!

We were able to book the room only discount at our chosen resort/dates/room type this morning via WDW website after there being zero availability at the resort for any room type for those dates all week. And we had our pick of room type at the discount.

So keep checking !

We were able to book the room only discount at our chosen resort/dates/room type this morning via WDW website after there being zero availability at the resort for any room type for those dates all week. And we had our pick of room type at the discount.

So keep checking !
Thank you!! I will keep checking in and hope that I will be as successful as you!! Congrats!! :)

Over the weekend I was able to score the discount for my December 8th trip and to make it sweeter I was able to do it through the website. It was nice seeing my reservation get reduced by $500 dollars. I really wasn’t expecting to see anything available for my upcoming trip due to the date and the resort but low and behold it was right there this time. So glad I got a little pixie dust! Hope you all get one too.

Over the weekend I was able to score the discount for my December 8th trip and to make it sweeter I was able to do it through the website. It was nice seeing my reservation get reduced by $500 dollars. I really wasn’t expecting to see anything available for my upcoming trip due to the date and the resort but low and behold it was right there this time. So glad I got a little pixie dust! Hope you all get one too.
When did you originally book your vacation?? I booked in February and they increased the rates so much since then that a "discount" is NOT one for me. I wish it was though!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts