December 2019 car rental

My Autoslash deal of $172 (Intermediate SUV) is still the lowest I can find for our dates, but happy to see the prices keep dropping. Hoping I will eventually be able to snag something lower!

Costco: Got a price drop this morning. I was with Alamo minvan $218 but Avis came in cheaper.

Avis 12/13/19 - 12/18/19 $201.

Costco: Got my price dropped today. Dec 07th to Dec 12th - Intermediate SUV for $161 with Avis. Hope it continues to fall.

Just booked a last minute quick trip 12/10 - 12/12. Budget, Full Size (12/10 8 am - 12/12 8 pm). $121.11 (checked on carrentalsavers and then booked direct through Budget.

Has anyone ever booked a rental for just one day to avoid magical express? I got a one day rental from MCO and dropping off at Dolphin and it is $53 for a small SUV.

Has anyone ever booked a rental for just one day to avoid magical express? I got a one day rental from MCO and dropping off at Dolphin and it is $53 for a small SUV.
It depends. If you are going directly to the hotel with no stops you are better off taking an uber.
It is really only worth the cost if you are going to make a pit stop at a grocery store for drinks/snacks/liquor and/or to grab something to eat.

It depends. If you are going directly to the hotel with no stops you are better off taking an uber.
It is really only worth the cost if you are going to make a pit stop at a grocery store for drinks/snacks/liquor and/or to grab something to eat.

Would it be cheaper than $53 for an Uber?

Budget price lowered for us this AM on Costco 12/5 - 12/9 $154 intermediate SUV.

[/QUOTE]
As long as you do an uber x, yes. Definitely cheaper. If memory serves correctly it was around $45 with tip last time we did it.
How many people are in your party?
I think $53 is a great price. We arrive on black Friday and aren’t doing a rental car this time because the prices that week are ridiculously high. If I could do a $53 rental at mco & drop it off at the dolphin, I would jump on it.
As it stands now, it will take up to 2 hours to get to the hotel using the ME, we will then spend $12 to uber to an off property restaurant for dinner, $12 to the grocery store, then $12 back to the hotel. For a few dollars more, I would rather have the freedom and time saver of having our own car.

If you have no need to make stops off property then I would go with uber or lyft.
If you haven’t used the service before, there are a ton of promo codes out there for new users that will make it even cheaper.

As long as you do an uber x, yes. Definitely cheaper. If memory serves correctly it was around $45 with tip last time we did it.
How many people are in your party?
I think $53 is a great price. We arrive on black Friday and aren’t doing a rental car this time because the prices that week are ridiculously high. If I could do a $53 rental at mco & drop it off at the dolphin, I would jump on it.
As it stands now, it will take up to 2 hours to get to the hotel using the ME, we will then spend $12 to uber to an off property restaurant for dinner, $12 to the grocery store, then $12 back to the hotel. For a few dollars more, I would rather have the freedom and time saver of having our own car.

If you have no need to make stops off property then I would go with uber or lyft.
If you haven’t used the service before, there are a ton of promo codes out there for new users that will make it even cheaper.
[/QUOTE]

If the cost is $45 then I will definitely go with having the rental and be able to go hit a store. Honestly I doubt I will need to put any gas in to the car. I do have to factor in the parking cost at the hotel though. Plus we are going to the AK AH that night and I think having a car is worth not waiting for buses to get back to the hotel too.

Honestly I doubt I will need to put any gas in to the car.
Think again. There’s a Hess right in that area. If not, your CC on file will likely be charged the higher rate for gas. Some of the rental car companies seem to be worse than others (dollar has dinged me).

Your contract will indicate how much gas will cost you if they need to refill the tank. In the big scheme of things another $8 per gallon probablly won’t be a deal breaker for you worst case scenario but many are surprised but it happening.

Assume you have an rental with alamo or national if dropping at the dolphin. They’ve let me slide once in the past. Had filled up evening prior, drove to park on checkout day & completely forgot to top it off. Rental was linked to my account with them.

MCO to Dolphin is approx 21 miles, which could easily equate to a gallon of gas re a SUV. Driving to AK is another 14 miles RT, then any grocery side trip.

Additionally, the dolphin will charge you $25 to self park per day

PS we are coming in on BF too for a week. Thru alamo returning to dolphin, $245 for a standard after $25 coupon & APH code. Keep checking up to the end.

Think again. There’s a Hess right in that area. If not, your CC on file will likely be charged the higher rate for gas. Some of the rental car companies seem to be worse than others (dollar has dinged me).

Your contract will indicate how much gas will cost you if they need to refill the tank. In the big scheme of things another $8 per gallon probablly won’t be a deal breaker for you worst case scenario but many are surprised but it happening.

Assume you have an rental with alamo or national if dropping at the dolphin. They’ve let me slide once in the past. Had filled up evening prior, drove to park on checkout day & completely forgot to top it off. Rental was linked to my account with them.

MCO to Dolphin is approx 21 miles, which could easily equate to a gallon of gas re a SUV. Driving to AK is another 14 miles RT, then any grocery side trip.

Additionally, the dolphin will charge you $25 to self park per day

PS we are coming in on BF too for a week. Thru alamo returning to dolphin, $245 for a standard after $25 coupon & APH code. Keep checking up to the end.

I understand about the gas if its not full but I have rented cars where I don't even use enough gas that the tank still says full so I am thinking that just the drive from the airport to the hotel it might still be on full if not I will definitely bring it to full at the Hess station before returning it to the Dolphin but I have $161 for my entire stay and returning it back to the airport so I might just keep it since I really hate using the buses and prefer to have my own car to come and go as I please. Thanks for the heads up though. Much appreciated.

There’s been posts here & elsewhere of dollar requiring people to provide a gas receipt if they disagree with assessment of being charged for gas at return. Never had that issue with that company but we do fill up before heading back or on way to airport.

There’s been posts here & elsewhere of dollar requiring people to provide a gas receipt if they disagree with assessment of being charged for gas at return. Never had that issue with that company but we do fill up before heading back or on way to airport.

This is indeed true with dollar. They even stamp it on the jacket of the rental agreement at some locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts