December 2018 DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure - sold out

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Hi Folks,

This is the official thread for our 12/2 - 12/7/18 Backstage Magic Adventure.

This trip has sold out and the folks below are the ones to blame :love2:

Here is the list of folks going with you...

Kevin
John
Jeff
Val
Will
Jennifer
Karl
Melita
Mary
Robert
John
Alan
Alice
Morgan
Scott
Vonda
Troy
Lisa
Mary
Gregory
Lisa
Daniel
Cassie
Michael
Chandra
Willis
Dina
Jason
Doug
Ronald
Tina
Keya
Tim

This is it! This is our travel group.

You only have 18 months. Better get planning! :duck:

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Last edited:
Just saying hi to everyone!! I hope everyone is able to stay cool. I get weather alerts from work and the prediction is that it is going to be 100-105 degrees this weekend. I live in southwest VA at the foot of the Blue Ridge. Oh so hot!!
I guess Ill have to dream of weather in Dec. 2018

Was there an email from disney asking us to fill out something? If so, what was the sending address or subject, because I can not find it...Thanks!

Was there an email from disney asking us to fill out something? If so, what was the sending address or subject, because I can not find it...Thanks!
The email was forwarded from Kevin, the subject contained the words adventure travel agreement. It was suppose to be sent back to ABD within 14 days of the booking.

Lisa and I will be arriving the day before the official tour begins and are looking for suggestions on what there is do near the Lowes Hotel that will not be included with the tour. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Lisa and I will be arriving the day before the official tour begins and are looking for suggestions on what there is do near the Lowes Hotel that will not be included with the tour. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Morgan and I are thinking about Going to the Farmers Market and then do the VIP experience at Universal the mayor Adventure starts.

So we know which hotels and what dates we will be staying at those hotels for this trip? I live in SoCal, so I’ll just drive to the first hotel...

So we know which hotels and what dates we will be staying at those hotels for this trip? I live in SoCal, so I’ll just drive to the first hotel...
From everything I’ve read, ABD provides free valet at the grand for those who are driving and from the grand will provide transportation to the Lowes hotel on arrival day. I believe the transportation departs from the grand at 1pm.

From everything I’ve read, ABD provides free valet at the grand for those who are driving and from the grand will provide transportation to the Lowes hotel on arrival day. I believe the transportation departs from the grand at 1pm.
Here is the info from the ABD website:

Car – If you plan to arrive by your own car, please drive to the valet area of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Just mention to the hotel bellman that you are with Adventures by Disney and receive complimentary valet parking for the duration of your adventure. Since your Southern California adventure will conclude at this hotel, your car will be conveniently located at your vacation's end for your trip home.

• Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is located at: 1600 S. Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA 92802

Along with complimentary parking, on Day 1 of the adventure receive a one-time transfer from Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Loews Hollywood Hotel. In order to take advantage of this transfer, please plan to meet your driver at 1:00 PM outside the main entrance of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. In the event you are unable to locate your transfer vehicle or its driver, get help by introducing yourself to a valet and saying that you are with Adventures by Disney. Your driver and the valet will be available to assist with your luggage.

Yes. We have all of the details of this trip. You can see them here:

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/north-america/hollywood-disneyland-tour/

As was pointed out above, ABD has a policy regarding this.

You can drive to the Grand Californian and leave your car there for the duration of the Adventure. Parking is free of charge for ABD guests and ABD provides a shuttle at 1:00pm on the first day of the adventure that delivers you to the Loews Hotels in Hollywood.

If you would like to schedule this, I will need to know. I will make sure ABD knows that this will be happening.

You can not drive to the Loews as parking is NOT INCLUDED in the Adventure.

Also, we travel as a group, by bus, and many of the places we visit don't allow private vehicles.

This is especially true on day three when we visit the Disney Studios, Imagineering and transfer to Disneyland.

You will not be allowed access to either location in a private vehicle.

If you have questions regarding this...it would be best to email me directly.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Morgan and I are thinking about Going to the Farmers Market and then do the VIP experience at Universal the mayor Adventure starts.

Alan and I are also arriving on Dec 1st for the pre-day.
Universal Hollywood sounds great, not sure about VIP yet.

I think the Farmers market can be done on the first or second night when we have an evening to ourselves.

Dan and I are arriving December 1st also, and we're thinking about the VIP experience at Universal the same day. We may try doing the Farmer's Market the next morning. There's so much to see and do, and we don't want to wear ourselves out before the Adventure starts. :)

Dan and I are arriving December 1st also, and we're thinking about the VIP experience at Universal the same day. We may try doing the Farmer's Market the next morning. There's so much to see and do, and we don't want to wear ourselves out before the Adventure starts. :)

@wnwardii and I are also planning to do the Universal VIP tour on the 1st.

Morgan and I have talked extensively and have at this point decided not to do the Universal VIP tour. This was difficult however we have decided that we would focus on shorter activities and rest prior to the the adventure starting. It has been an eventful year with Morgan getting married and hopefully having a daughter in the next few days. This will probably be the first time Morgan leaves Piper for this length of time.
We will be arriving early afternoon which will be late afternoon for our bodies and Morgan will probably be a sleep deprived new mother. Depending on the new releases,, we may go see a movie, catch an Uber or public transportation to the Farmer’s Market, go buy local spots of interest in the area. We may also do some window shopping on Rodeo Drive.

If anyone has any ideas, we would love to hear them for late Saturday afternoon and during the day Sunday prior to the Adventue starting. We are both looking forward to meeting all of you that are on the Adventure with us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!