December 2018 Check-in Thread

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by funatdisney, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I think you will definitely have enough time. Maxpass saved us a lot of time, I love it.

2. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

I go every year. Last trip was in March haha! But my last several trips have been since foster & adopting so no freedom. lol.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ClaraOswald

ClaraOswald DIS Veteran

I saw someone on Facebook post about a big medical conference or something the first week of December so maybe that's why hotels are so booked up? I am nervous for crowds mainly because if walkways are crowded, I'm not sure how my son will handle that. We plan to get Maxpass (anyone know if you can book that at the time of ticket purchase? Probably going to purchase ours in a month or so.) We also may use the disability pass this time. We didn't need it on our last trip because lines were okay but we did have to skip some things like Peter Pan so it might be nice to have it for stuff like that.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  5. smartlabelprint

I would honestly get the DAS. Using it early in the trip is the only thing that allowed us to go multiple days. It’s useful to us because our kiddo has visual processing delays in addition to SPD. Yours has ASD?

You can buy tickets with maxpass direct from Disney site. You can save 5% by using your target card to purchase gift cards. Then combine them at disneygiftcard.com

Personally I buy my tickets from last minute travel club. The free member code was FOETRAVEL (not a typo!) recently. Otherwise you can keep entering a bad one and they will shortly give you a free membership. For now it more than pays for maxpass. You enter the tickets in your app immediately along with a credit card. It takes moments after walking through the gate to boom your first mp.

6. DLfan4

DLfan4 Cant wait for another trip to DLR

Going to be at DL Dec 27-29. First time during Christmas holiday decor.

Kittyskyfish and smartlabelprint like this.
  7. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

Sorry for the long response time. I have ben busy!!!

Got you added. Early in Dec is good.

Made the change on the first post.

You are so welcome. BTW, are you going the DVC Moonlight Madnes at DCA next month? I got my spots and am so very excited!!!

rentayenta likes this.
  8. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

I so get it... coming back every year. DLR during the Holidays can be very addicting. I good one in my opinion. You are on the list.

I am not usre if you wanted to be added to the list. Just mention it here and I will add you to the list.

A first timer to DLR during the Holiday Season. I promise you, you will be amazed and in awe by how festive it is at The Disneyland Resort. You didn't mention your hotel. If you want me to add it, post it here and it will get added. Otherwise, gotcha added.

9. rentayenta

rentayenta DIS Veteran

::yes:: We are! The site struggled today but after many crashes and 4 apparatus trying ( hence the reason I'm sure it crashed :blush: ) We got our tickets/reservation! :woohoo: The one at Disneyland was a blast so I am expecting this one will be as well.

10. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

Awesome!! Had the same problem. I had to leave to go to work so I handed the task over to my DH (he is the best). About 20 minutes after I left, he got them. Best text of the week was the one with pics of the email and paper print of the event confirmation.

I have been to the first DCA event and had a great time. I am looking forward to seeing the Cars Land decked out for the holidays. I just can’t decide which to hit first, Guardians or Radiator Springs.

rentayenta likes this.
  11. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

:santa:

ps: Can't wait for the start of the Hallmark Countdown to Christmas Movies later this month.

12. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

We just booked a quick trip yesterday for Dec 7-10. It will be our first time staying at Paradise Pier. Looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations!

smartlabelprint and tink89 like this.
  13. ClaraOswald

ClaraOswald DIS Veteran

Yep, he's 5 years old and has non-verbal autism. Not sure what all I'll need to tell them to get the DAS so it makes me a little nervous!

14. smartlabelprint

I’d tell them if he has anxiety in crowds, is sensitive to sounds, visually overstimulated, cannot wait beyond x amount of time without a melt down, anything that shows them why he needs the das which allows waiting out of lines, away from people, etc.

15. DanT

DanT First visit 1955, with many more to come!

Because of ADA, I don’t think they can ask....just request the card...

16. smartlabelprint

That’s true. They won’t ask your diagnosis. They will ask why the child needs the DAS.

17. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

They are not allowed to ask you about a diagnosis. Technically, they are only allowed to ask you two questions (and for any clarification based on the answers to those questions):
    1. What is the problem with waiting in lines?
    2. How will DAS help with this problem?
    Based on the answer to the above questions, it is up to the CM to decide what would be the most helpful solution. You don't have to go into any painful details when answering, but the more clear and specific you can be (remembering that most CMs are not trained medically and don't necessarily have experience with a wide range of disabilities -- so clear, simple explanations can really help), the easier it will make communication.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  18. DLfan4

DLfan4 Cant wait for another trip to DLR

Thank you
    we are looking forward to just walking around and taking in all the festive decor.

19. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

Me, too. I just love going to all three DLR Hotels and see the unique decor each one has. Not to mention the Parks. Gotcha added.

wallawallakids likes this.
  20. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

bumping

Christmas is just around the corner. I'm getting excited!

Kittyskyfish and tink89 like this.
  21. deannaf87

deannaf87 DIS Veteran

Sure! Add me Dec 1-6 at Tropicana.