December 2018 Check-in Thread

Mother/daughter trip planned Dec. 15-19th, which is a week later than I would like (we were there last year the week before), but based on daughter's college finals that was the only time that would work.

How far in advance do you guys plan to buy your park tickets? Where will you be buying them from?

How far in advance do you guys plan to buy your park tickets? Where will you be buying them from?
I already bought mine from last minute travel club. I ended up adding a 4th day although we would only get there late afternoon. It's only $15 more.

You can google for a code for their "registration". Even if that code doesn't work keep clicking through. After 4 prompts to buy, the last being at $10/year they gave me the year for free. I guess they're just trying to make a buck.

We now buy ours from Last Minute Travel Club also. I will wait until closer to December though. They were really fast--in fact one set of tickets were processed in less than 24 hours.

There May a price Increase between now and dec.[/QUOTE

This is not a snarky reply in any way, but can I ask why you think that? It makes sense to me that LMT's prices might change accordingly with Disney's annual ticket increases, but I thought those typically took place in the early months of the year? Is Disney going to raise their prices again before the year is over or ??? Just trying to learn as much as I can so appreciate your help.

Me and my husband are going to be there 12/4-12/7 for 3 park days, staying at Homewood Suites next to the Toy Story shuttle lot :-) Looking forward to it!

Glad to see some new comers to the thread.

:welcome:

Welcom to all!!

Mother/daughter trip planned Dec. 15-19th, which is a week later than I would like (we were there last year the week before), but based on daughter's college finals that was the only time that would work.

Know all about planning around college final exams. I have two daughters in college, one is on a quarter system and the other on is on a semester system. It is the reason why we go the week of Christmas! I am looking forward to planning a mid-December trip in the future. Gotcha added.

DD 21st birthday trip 12/29-1/2 staying at BWPPI - she turns 21 NYE

What a great way to celebrate your DD's birthday. Your daughter will remember how she celebrated turning 21 for sure. You are on the list.

Family of 4, bucket list trip to GCH! Dec 9-14. So excited! We are a WDW vets but haven’t been to DL since 2008!

You couldn't have picked a better time to get back to DLR. I just love the holidays at DLR. You are added.

Me and my husband are going to be there 12/4-12/7 for 3 park days, staying at Homewood Suites next to the Toy Story shuttle lot :-) Looking forward to it!

How exciting! This is a great time of the year for a couples trip. You should have lots of fun! You are added.

On another note...
I went to DLR on Thursday, June 28. One of the "Must Do List" was renewing her AP. My DD and I got the MaxPass although we really didn't need it. I wanted to check it out. My DD gets fatigues quickly and can't do a full day. I was curious if the MaxPass was a good investment before I added it to her AP. I decided it was. Saved us lots of steps and it is a well designed app. I went ahead and added it to her pass for $75/year. She attends a college nearby and goes a lot during the school year. Then there is the Dec trip, too.

The park was one of lowest crowd days I have experienced on a summer visit in a long time. For example, we arrived in the DCA at 9 am (Park opened at 8). Got a MaxPass for the Incredicoaster ride for 11 am. The MaxPass app told us the line for the Incredicoaster was only 30 minutes. Got in line for the Incredicoaster. We dropped the Incredicoaster fastpass and got another one (I forgot which ride it was). It was a light crowd day and we had a great time. Gives some hope for a manageable crowd level for our Dec trip. One can hope!

"unlikely that World of Color will return in time for the Season of Light version to show this year."

Booo that is one thing we wanted to see on this trip.

"unlikely that World of Color will return in time for the Season of Light version to show this year."

Booo that is one thing we wanted to see on this trip.

I saw that bit too - so upsetting for those who haven’t seen it. We saw it last year but one of our favourite DL things to do is the WOC dessert party so I’m still really upset it won’t be on too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter