December 2018 Check-in Thread

I leave today!!!! Finally the time has come.

NewbieMouse & twinky are on their second day of their trips. Hope both of you are having a great time filled with wonderful Disney Holiday magic.

rentayenta leaves tomorrow and elliefusmom leaves on Wednesday. Safe travels and godspeed to both of you. May you both find lots of Disney wonderment and magic everyday of your trips.

See you all in a few. :)

DLmama, ChrissyLou, & winklet are starting their DLR Holday trips today.

Safe travels to each one of youu and may everyday of your trips be filled with lots of laughter, smiles and Disney holiday wonder.
Thank you so much! We have had an outstanding trip so far. Sat in DCA, Sun in DL, today in DCA, tomorrow DL. We are already exhausted but we can't quit going to the parks ALL DAY. We really appreciate all the advice from disboards too, so super helpful. And really kind to get this shout-out on the Dec check in thread. Have fun everyone!

DLmama, ChrissyLou, & winklet are starting their DLR Holday trips today.

Safe travels to each one of youu and may everyday of your trips be filled with lots of laughter, smiles and Disney holiday wonder.

Thank you! It's been a great trip so far! We got APs and were surprised by my BIL and his family being here at the same time! We've been trying to do that for years! :cloud9:

Great to hear you all are having a great time!

We arrived around 3:30 pm yesterday and immediately went to the bar for some drinks with my two adult DD and DH. Our room was ready within a half hour. Yohoo

My eldest DD and I have APs. I needed to get my DH an AP Delux and my youngest a 2 day hopper pass (she can't get away from college enough to make to DLR so an AP isn't practical). So at 8 pm, DD #1 and I headed to the ticket booth to purchase tickets and then went to DL afterward. We used Maxpass and got in a lot of FP even at that late hour. Wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. We are guessing it was so because the local school districts are still in session.

BTW DH and DD #2 went to get desserts and sat by the GCH fire to devour them. I know this because they kept sending me pics.

Last edited:

We got back yesterday evening and we all had a great time. Our dinner at Steakhouse 55 was fabulous. Great food with awesome wine is always a winner. Youngest DD is now 21 and it was fun to have some bar time and enjoy a glass of wine with her. We each have a favorite DLR bar drink so it was fun to discover hers. Pina Colava was her pick. Boy that was yummie.

IMHO, the Parks were not that crowded. Now I have been to DL when it was at full capacity. So in comparison to that, the crowd levels were reasonable. We all got in the rides we wanted. MaxPass worked like a dream, whether we started using it in the morning or at mid-day or after 8 pm. I am learning how to maximize the MaxPass very time I use it. I think MaxPass is a good investment and this trip really put it to the test. I do think planing our trip to land on week days rather than including a weekend day really made a difference.

I always ask my DDs if they would like to come back again next year. They are young adults and have their lives to lead so I always ask them what they think about our family plans. These vacations take some work and planning so I would like to know if everyone is all in.

They both said "YES!" So I am already planning for next year. Booking a DVC unit requires some point management, booking at the 11 month mark, check college final schedules, etc. I am already getting excited about next year. I know. I am nut, but a happy one!

Hope everyone there is having a great time and those going are super excited to, well, get going.

Last edited:
tink89, Mickey&JoshNut, & Candycane83 start their journeys to DLR today.

Wishing you all safe travels. Hope all of you find Disney Holiday magic anf joys in everything you do during your trips.

DisneyGirl0102 and Co. is on their second day of their trip. I hope all your Holiday Disney dreams are and wil come true during your time at the DLR.

D-Mini
leaves today. Godspeed and safe travels. May you experience many many Disney holiday wonders and joys every dy of your trip!

We got back yesterday evening and we all had a great time. Our dinner at Steakhouse 55 was fabulous. Great food with awesome wine is always a winner. Youngest DD is now 21 and it was fun to have some bar time and enjoy a glass of wine with her. We each have a favorite DLR bar drink so it was fun to discover hers. Pina Colava was her pick. Boy that was yummie.

IMHO, the Parks were not that crowded. Now I have been to DL when it was at full capacity. So in comparison to that, the crowd levels were reasonable. We all got in the rides we wanted. MaxPass worked like a dream, whether we started using it in the morning or at mid-day or after 8 pm. I am learning how to maximize the MaxPass very time I use it. I think MaxPass is a good investment and this trip really put it to the test. I do think planing our trip to land on week days rather than including a weekend day really made a difference.

I always ask my DDs if they would like to come back again next year. They are young adults and have their lives to lead so I always ask them what they think about our family plans. These vacations take some work and planning so I would like to know if everyone is all in.

They both said "YES!" So I am already planning for next year. Booking a DVC unit requires some point management, booking at the 11 month mark, check college final schedules, etc. I am already getting excited about next year. I know. I am nut, but a happy one!

Hope everyone there is having a great time and those going are super excited to, well, get going.

Liza...glad your dinner at Steakhouse 55 was fabulous...my Mom and I dined there on Christmas Eve and it was so bad that they comped our entire meal...the service was super slow - it took well over an hour for our entrees to arrive and when they did they were stone cold...kinda put a bummer on our Christmas Eve because we were so looking forward to it. I think they tried to fit too many people in because it was Christmas Eve...Luckily for us, our Christmas Day Frozen Experience lunch at Carthay Circle was amazing!!!!

tink89, Mickey&JoshNut, & Candycane83 start their journeys to DLR today.

Wishing you all safe travels. Hope all of you find Disney Holiday magic anf joys in everything you do during your trips.

Thank you, with the exception of our Christmas Eve dinner...we have had a blast...the parks are now super crowded for New Years...we fly home tomorrow...

Liza...glad your dinner at Steakhouse 55 was fabulous...my Mom and I dined there on Christmas Eve and it was so bad that they comped our entire meal...the service was super slow - it took well over an hour for our entrees to arrive and when they did they were stone cold...kinda put a bummer on our Christmas Eve because we were so looking forward to it. I think they tried to fit too many people in because it was Christmas Eve...Luckily for us, our Christmas Day Frozen Experience lunch at Carthay Circle was amazing!!!!

Oh my, I am so sorry you had such a bad experience at Steakhouse 55. I think you are right. They over booked for Christmas Eve. I have had that experience before when I booked on a day that would be very busy. I have learned to book an earlier reservation time (like 5 pm) or go the week before (which is what we do). At least they comped you. Carthay Circle is great. My DH and I ate there for an anniversary dinner a couple of years ago. I am thinking of eating there for our Holiday dinner next year since we will all have passes by then.

DLfan4 arrive today! Hipe your travels are pleasantly expeditious. May you experience tons of Disney holiday magic and joys in everything you do.

I’m at the airport to head home now. Gotta say I love DL! Holidays make it even better, crowds were surprisingly manageable except getting out after F! and fireworks. GCH was excellent and I have to say it’ll be hard staying anywhere else next time lol! Food was mostly great. I think I got all the snacks I wanted to try with the exception of the lemon swirl from Pixar Pier. Ambush from Tropical hideaway was great! My family had a lot of churros! Mobile ordering and maxpass was definitely large timesavers! Can’t wait until the next time!

Thank you, with the exception of our Christmas Eve dinner...we have had a blast...the parks are now super crowded for New Years...we fly home tomorrow...
I was not at all impressed by steakhouse 55. I won’t return. Our meal was fine. It was the same as blue bayou with less ambiance. I don’t drink wine anyway.

I’m at the airport to head home now. Gotta say I love DL! Holidays make it even better, crowds were surprisingly manageable except getting out after F! and fireworks. GCH was excellent and I have to say it’ll be hard staying anywhere else next time lol! Food was mostly great. I think I got all the snacks I wanted to try with the exception of the lemon swirl from Pixar Pier. Ambush from Tropical hideaway was great! My family had a lot of churros! Mobile ordering and maxpass was definitely large timesavers! Can’t wait until the next time!
What’s the ambush? The lemon dessert was yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter