December 2018 Check-in Thread

This morning we got our online check-in notice! Boarding passes are now printed! Yeee!!!!

Wednesday calls for lots of rain and we're so EXCITED!!!!! About five years ago we experienced Disneyland under bad weather and it's so fun to run around like kids. Some rides will be down due to the rain, but much of the parks will be up and running - and quiet. When in rain, act like ducks! Already packed are our rain pants and jackets, water-repellant boonie hats and boots! We also have a synthetic chamois drying towel for mopping up wet seats. With proper gear, you will be warm and dry the entire day. Arming oneself only with disposable ponchos will give you wet, cold legs and arms by lunch. On that trip, we witnessed many miserable parkgoers on that trip slogging around in torn ponchos.

Most hotels receive Amazon shipments for guests, so it's not too late to order rain gear in time for Wednesday! :)

Last edited:

My son suddenly has a cough. Fingers crossed he's well enough for us to leave on Wednesday!

Our first park day is set to be Thursday but the forecast is looking bad. I don't mind rain. But it says thunderstorms so I don't really like to be outdoors when there's lightning. May have to adjust our plans a bit if it's looking awful. We have two "break" days set for next Sunday/Monday but maybe we'll have to just relax our first day and then just take Sunday off from the parks. We shall see!

fujiapple, drjackal31 and millie0312 probably have already arrived (or nearly so).

Hoping all of you will enjoy the amazement of the holidays at the Happiest Place on Earth in everything you do!

My son suddenly has a cough. Fingers crossed he's well enough for us to leave on Wednesday!

Our first park day is set to be Thursday but the forecast is looking bad. I don't mind rain. But it says thunderstorms so I don't really like to be outdoors when there's lightning. May have to adjust our plans a bit if it's looking awful. We have two "break" days set for next Sunday/Monday but maybe we'll have to just relax our first day and then just take Sunday off from the parks. We shall see!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, and hope your son gets better soon. In my experience, thunderstroms are usually in the mountain areas, but could still occur in the lower areas of SoCal. Expect rain though. 90% chance of rain is pretty high for us.

smartlabelprint, craythorn, ClaraOswald , Tink1987 are already at DLR!!!

Hope all of you arrived safely, full of excitement for what is to come. May all of you experience the best of a Disney Holiday trip and bring home lots of great memories and mementos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!