December 2018 Check-in Thread

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by funatdisney, Mar 9, 2018.

1. fujiapple

fujiapple Earning My Ears

We are arriving Dec 3 and departing Dec 7. Staying at the Grand Californian. This will be my birthday trip and also my kids very first time at Disneyland (boys ages 7 and 4). We will be in the parks 3.5 days.

Being from northern California, I used to visit Disneyland on average about once a year, but for me it has now been 8 years since my last visit! My husband (who is not into Disneyland like I am) insisted that we wait till our kids were older. I'm so excited!

2. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

I have happily added you to the list.

I am excited for you too! IMHO, 7 and 4 are great ages to start a tradition :; (I vote it should become one). You picked a great hotel to win hubby over. My DH doesn't like Disney, but he loves staying at the VGC. Every once in a while, he will mention he would like to be at Grand (which is the way we refer to the GCH). First time I heard that, I nearly did the jig. He also liked the Disney Cruise we took five years ago and would like to take another one. Will wonders ever cease. You are added.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

December 8th -12th, staying at Desert Inn.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  5. ClaraOswald

ClaraOswald DIS Veteran

Our stay there is overlapping with yours. :)

Though I have to say...I am starting to really stress out about the crowds. I follow a lot of groups on Facebook and people on Twitter and it has been so nuts lately. I am mostly worried about the security line on Harbor. Part of me wonders if we should reschedule for late January/early February but I don't know.

6. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

We’re there at that time too. It can’t be busier than spring break, can it? That was the worst I had seen. Jan/Feb there are some conventions and they keep things really busy artificially with less lines open, etc.

7. ClaraOswald

ClaraOswald DIS Veteran

Yeah, I noticed that in February 2015 it was a lot more crowded than it used to be in the "off season." I know they don't run as many trains on some rides, for example.

8. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

You should have a great time on your trip. I just love this time of year at DLR. You have been added to the list.

9. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

Yep crowds and lines are apart of the DLR experience during the Holidays. Seems harder and harder to beat them. The difference between going this time of the year vs going another time of the year is the holiday festive feel. You gotta love the little festive details and the big ones too that Disney does suring the holidays. There is nothing like it.

Anyway hoo, my two cents.

Kittyskyfish and tink89 like this.
  10. tink89

tink89 DIS Veteran

Yes I agree. I love Disneyland during the holidays. This will be our third time going during December and first time going during the actual Christmas week. Is it packed? Yes. Are lines long? yes. But I wouldn't want to be any other place. Plus with MP we were able to do everything last year at a relaxed pace. I love Disney during the holidays you just have to be prepared to expect the crowds and the unexpected.

11. twinky

twinky Mouseketeer

Hi all! Looking forward to another Jolly Holiday at GCH, December 16-20! Hope you all enjoy your visits to DLR!

Kittyskyfish likes this.
  12. funatdisney

funatdisney DIS Veteran

We will be there at the same time! Got you added above me. :)

twinky likes this.
  13. Gooftroopers

Gooftroopers Earning My Ears

First post!

Booked Dec 12-16
    Hyatt Regency

This will be both of my kids (2 and 6) first experience in any Disney park and my wife's first time to DLR. I haven't been in 15 years so I'm excited about what DCA has become.

14. PirateRedhead

PirateRedhead Mouseketeer

Oh, that's awesome. You're going to have a blast. I visited DCA once back in the early years - it was a ghost town! It has completely changed. Cars Land is particularly fabulous, and I don't even love Cars. Have the best time - and welcome to the boards!

Kandyland likes this.
  15. ClaraOswald

ClaraOswald DIS Veteran

We haven't been during the holiday time since 2007 so I am excited about it. Just nervous for my 5 year old in the crowds. With Maxpass and DAS, that should help a lot of waiting in the queues. But waiting at bag check makes me nervous. And just maneuvering through dense crowds too.

16. Kandyland

Kandyland Earning My Ears

I am going to be in the parks November 26-30. I am super excited. This will be my first trip in 7 years. My evil villain, who is accompanying me hasn't been in 46 years.

smartlabelprint and Kittyskyfish like this.
  17. TINA BAILEY

TINA BAILEY Earning My Ears

My 64 y.o. mother and I are leaving adulting behind and hitting the parks on Dec 1 & 2. Staying at DI & S. This is my 2nd visit this year but when we booked a cruise out of Long Beach for our trip we just couldn't resist adding a few days before to visit Disney at Christmas. It's my favorite time to be in the park.

18. dadofnicholas

dadofnicholas Mouseketeer

Decided on Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort - something new but closer always the better :)

19. ClaraOswald

ClaraOswald DIS Veteran

20. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

It may close early for a holiday party. Do you have hoppers.

21. taaren

taaren "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

Hey does anyone know how far out one can book the tours? Coming up on 60 days for our trip, :hyper: and wasn't sure if we could book a tour 30 or 60 days out ...