December 2018 already sold out before/during the Holiday break???

kg66

DIS Veteran
I can't believe they are already sold out! I have adjusted my arrival and departure dates for the entire time we could travel. Is this possibly a glitch??? I will wait to see what you guys say before calling. I already searched here but didn't find anything listed.
TIA
Kathy

You would have to call to make the reservations for Dec of next year. Online IIRC you can only do about 12 months out. But you can make reservations by phone 499 days out from your last day.

Uh, well, sorta kinda. :rolleyes:

PaHunter is correct that you can only book 499 days in advance of your check-out day. Given today's date of 8/3/17, 499 days out is December 15, 2018. However, once rates for the next year have been released, as they have been, both on-line and call reservations abide by the same 499 day limit.

So right now, kg66, you can only book out as far as mid-December. Wait two more weeks and then go for it. Note that the 499 day limit is based on your check-out (and not check-in) date.

Bama Ed

Wait two more weeks and then go for it. Note that the 499 day limit is based on your check-out (and not check-in) date.

1) For really busy times (Christmas, Halloween), in many cases, people book day-by-day.
2) They "link" the ressie so they can stay on the same site, which usually works.
3) If folks waited until their check-out day to book the entire stay, others might have already taken enough single days to fully sell-out the resort, or at least a category.
4) The Fort has become so popular that it is now one of the most desired, and sought after, resorts.
. . . more older folks are buying RV's
. . . with financing, even younger families are finding the enjoyment in camping
5) The experience at The Fort is unlike other Disney resorts
. . . people actually talk to one another, even when passing on sidewalks
. . . campers are a unique breed and tend to socialize with total strangers, let alone those they see year-after-year
. . . there are so many activities at The Fort, that going to the parks is not mandatory
. . . campers usually take things at a leisurely pace, instead of the "commando mode" touring schedules of other guests
6) All these things make ressie hard to get in Prime Times.

Great, so there is hope yet! So thank you everyone for all your help. I will patiently wait a few weeks.

Great, so there is hope yet! So thank you everyone for all your help. I will patiently wait a few weeks.

Just keep trying and maybe play around with the dates. I had to piece two reservations together but I was able to book Thanksgiving week 2017 around April-May 2017.

kg66,

you may want to try the day-by-day method based on this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/499-out.3625084/

Sounds like it's getting tight early. And double check - right now on 8/9/17 you book through check out on 12/21/18 which is 500 days (499 nights).

Bama Ed

PS - also try calling

Last edited:
kg66,

you may want to try the day-by-day method based on this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/499-out.3625084/

Sounds like it's getting tight early. And double check - right now on 8/9/17 you book through check out on 12/21/18 which is 500 days (499 nights).

Bama Ed

PS - also try calling

Ed, to follow up on my thread you have linked above, this is what I did. (I didnt see this thread originally or I wouldnt have started mine, sorry)

Ok, just to follow up for anyone doing what Im doing. I called back this morning and voila, Preferred for 4 nights starting Dec 18, 2018. Yesterday only tent sites were available. So it looks like maybe 4 nights is the magic number with your 4th night being the 499. When he tried 5 nights or 10 nights it shows only tent sites. Yesterday i could only get tent sites also. So, Im going to wait 4 nights and try again starting dec 22, for 4 nights. Then so on and so forth until I get all 22.

Looking today you can get availability at all campsite levels arriving 12/22/18 (Saturday before Christmas) and leaving 12/28/18 (Friday) which is the last bookable checkout day as of today.

Only a couple days to go until you can book through 12/31/18.

Note online you can only book into the 2018 calendar year. If you want to book into 2019 (even a day) you need to call and do it - the online tool won't handle it. And the 2019 rates will be 2018 temporary rates until 2019 is set.

Bama Ed

Looking today you can get availability at all campsite levels arriving 12/22/18 (Saturday before Christmas) and leaving 12/28/18 (Friday) which is the last bookable checkout day as of today.

Only a couple days to go until you can book through 12/31/18.

Note online you can only book into the 2018 calendar year. If you want to book into 2019 (even a day) you need to call and do it - the online tool won't handle it. And the 2019 rates will be 2018 temporary rates until 2019 is set.

Bama Ed

Ed,

So far I am Dec 18-29, 2018. A CM told me she has had a few people calling everyday to add days. I have had great luck so far calling every 3-4 days and adding up to the 499 out day. And, Ive only paid just 1 night deposit because instead of linking them they have just made it all one ressie. 11 down and 11 more to go.

Yippee. I'm at Dec 18- Jan 7. One more night to go. We are planning this as our biggest blowout ever. 21 nights with 10 day passes and 2 MVMCP nights. Gives us a little of everything. our girls will be 7 and 8 so we thought this would be a perfect age. Can't wait. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!