December 2017 Car Rental Watch

I'm not certain how it works with Alamo and what, if anything, Costco pays but I think it's more likely to be a promotion offered by Alamo. Marketing thru large travel sites.

The Costco contract ID is posted on every one of these monthly car rental discount threads. No membership number required. One can use it directly on the Alamo site although I've noticed the pricing is a bit different compared to directly with the Costco site in the past year or two. It used to be identical. But on the Alamo website you can then use it conjunction with a coupon which usually gets the cost lower than directly thru the Costco travel site.
interesting...not that I can choose who does/doesn't use a costco code, I've noticed a new booking thing on the car sites where you MUST input your costco travel number to even book the car using the code. This number is different from the code....just thought I'd add that...but it's ok if people use it how they want,I'm not hunting people down!

If you've booked through Costco, they're now offering a $20 Costco card as part of your reservation for certain classes of cars. Not sure if you need to rebook to get the card?

If you've booked through Costco, they're now offering a $20 Costco card as part of your reservation for certain classes of cars. Not sure if you need to rebook to get the card?
I was wondering the same...it says it has to be booked between certain dates.... only problem is my rental is now higher than before,so not worth it to rebook

Been checking almost daily and these prices are just not going down! Found a mid-size SUV for $241 from dollar, only $4 more than my standard car reservation for Alamo. Only a few weeks left, come on price drop!

I noticed that Dollar has been offering a little bit lower when you click on city deals. I still have the best price that I can get but I have seen some flexing of prices.

Alamo's lowest rates seem to come up with the AD2365FDN coupon and contract LACDISC. Does anyone know if that contact is likely to cause a problem if recommended? I think it means Latin America and Caribbean - but it works in FL.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same...it says it has to be booked between certain dates.... only problem is my rental is now higher than before,so not worth it to rebook

Might be worth calling them to see if they might give it to you anyway?

A few years ago Alamo, at PHX, asked for my Costco card. They swiped the card to capture my membership number.
I asked what if I left my Costco card home. I was told they'd have to call and verify membership number.

Not common but it happens. I had a great rate on a one way rental. Not sure if they were looking for a reason to cancel.

My Dollar prices went up again yesterday afternoon, but i was able to get my 11 night full-size rental down to $185.00 before it did. It is so weird that Alamo has stayed so high, though.

My Alamo reservation just went down $35 this morning :-) Got a compact at $170 for December 8-16. Costco contract ID w/ AD2365FDN coupon.
Thanks... I dropped a day and changed my return location using the $20 costco card deal to get it down to 272 all in (one way is more $$$!)

Just checked my Alamo rates for 12/2 to 12/11 for a mini van. Came down to $328 so I booked it. My last booking from May had a total charge of $335. When I canceled that ressie it said the total was $348. Digging into the difference I saw the daily faculty charge went up $1. So, watch your ressie and be prepared to fight the increase. Very sneaky on Alamo’s part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!