Dec 29-Jan 2 NYE at DLR am I nuts?

michellelovesthemous

DIS Veteran
So my DD20 turns 21....omg....on NYE and I promised her years ago her first drink in the most magical place in her world. So tell me please or prepare me about that time frame at the Disneyland Resort for those that have experienced it any and all advice and thought will be much appreciated! I am thinking no park hopper and staying at BWPPI also thinking about max pass thoughts? Thanks for any help :goodvibes

NYE is nuts and fun as long as you manage your expectations.

If you wanna celebrate NYE with an adult beverage, it will have to be in DCA, DL is a dry park...but honestly, DCA is where the fun is at. Since everyone *thinks* they wanna be at DL for NYE, DCA is usually no busier than an average weekend day and an absolute blast meanwhile in DL no one can move in main street! The Midnight celebration at Paradise Bay is pretty incredible.

5 years strong for NYE and every year we think we may wanna do DL we wind up back at DCA with no regrets!

I bet it will be crazy but go for it! My birthday is the 29th and I always think I’d love to be there...but then my anxiety kicks in and I decide on a quieter time lol

We were there the 27-29 this last year. Insane crowds. Best time of my life. Research, having a plan, and managing expectations make all the difference.

How do you both do with dense crowds? What are your expectations for your park days? Do you want to ride lots of rides? See shows? How do you do with lines (for rides, for restaurants, for restrooms, for shops, etc.)? Do you do better with a very structured plan or are you comfortable with winging it when your plans go awry? Your dates will be crazy, no matter what. Whether they will be crazy fun or crazy painful depends on your outlook and expectations. We love NYE at DLR and visit almost every year. But we ride very few rides, have a very relaxed and loose schedule, and enjoy the decorations and park atmosphere more than just about anything else.

I know it was ages ago but I spend NYE 2000 at Disneyland and it is still one of my favorite memories. I could be there on the most crowded day in history and its still better then not being there IMO. I would agree with the other posters that if you have your expectations in check then go for it!!

The crazy factor was why I was thinking about max pass. I am a Planner cause we do WDW each year so flying by the seat of my pants at the DLR is always a fun treat. And I concur that a rainy or crowded day at Disney is better than a sunny day at work!!!! Hope the 1st and 2nd may mellow but won't plan on it. I knew DL was dry will probably do CA or DTD. Any other advice???

To directly answer your question -- YES! You are nuts!!
Get there early in case they close the park due to capacity crowds. Don't expect to do everything. Have fun!

It will be absolutely insane. And we will be there! I'm not sure if MaxPass will be of help when it will be this crowded, but we will be finding out.

We have gone for New Years before. It was crazy busy but we had the best time! We are considering going this year as well. I booked a hotel just in case as we aren't sure yet.

Or maybe tickets & maxpass because bloody airfare is $530pp from bloody Seattle on 12/29 :lmao::lmao:
Any other thoughts on 12/29-1/2 at Disneyland??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter